Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / MVP Monday RTTs
- - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-05 6:56 AM
Trying to think of something Super Bowl-esque :blush:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-02-05 6:58 AM
~203.8 :mutmad::shocker!::mutmad::shocker!::mutmad::shocker!::mutmad::shocker!::mutmad::shocker!::mutmad::shocker!::mutmad::shocker!::mutmad::shocker!::mutmad::shocker!::mutmad::shocker!::mutmad::shocker!::mutmad::shocker!::mutmad::shocker!::mutmad::shocker!::mutmad::shocker!::mutmad::shocker!::mutmad::shocker!::mutmad::shocker!::mutmad::shocker!::mutmad::shocker!::mutmad::shocker!::mutmad::shocker!::mutmad::shocker!::mutmad::shocker!::mutmad:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-05 7:05 AM
?
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-02-05 7:07 AM
That's how effing fat I am today.
Paleo starts today.
43.8 lbs is my goal
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-05 7:15 AM
:hug::hug: Good luck!
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-05 7:05 AM
:wtf:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-02-05 7:07 AM
^ ^ ^
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-05 7:04 AM
Glad kickoff was at 6:30 EST so I watched the whole game. I figured it would be 7:30 since that's usually when Sunday Night Football games start

It was a good game, I was glad it wasn't one-sided. It will be interesting to see what happens in Philly since the QB who won was the backup who was in due to injury. Will he get traded to somewhere who needs a QB or will they trade who was to be their young franchise guy? Can't imagine they will keep both when Wentz had a great year prior to injury and then Foles won a SB.

After a headache free weekend it is back with a vengeance this morning. I must have felt a little this morning because I remember thinking "yea I dont have a headache" so not sure if my neck was a little sore or what. But it escalated into a full blow headache trending toward migraine on the drive in. I can tell when it is going to be bad when I start to feel it in my jaw/teeth.

Good thing I don't have too much that has to get done today

Made some potato soup yesterday and am looking forward to having it for lunch today. It's cold out and soup just sounds good

My grandma emailed me after I posted a pic of B outside saying she was a worrying great grandma and he should have a hat on :laugh: So yesterday I took him out again, with a hat on, and posted a pic to her fb page :laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-05 7:19 AM
I just love that your grandma is on Facebook:laugh:

Sorry about the headache:hug::hug:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-05 7:33 AM
Yep, she never planned to and then finally joined a couple years ago. She doesn't post much but I know she likes seeing pictures of Benjamin on there and just from my life, etc. A few of her sisters/SILs are also on there which is nice for them to get to see too although I'd say grandma is most active. She often prints out the pix I put on FB of B for her frames at home.

Technology has its downside but I love that because of it I am able to communicate with my grandma in ways I wouldn't have otherwise. I doubt I would be calling my grandma much but we email a couple times a week and have for years and then now with FB and then getting to Skype with her sometimes with B it has really changed the dynamic.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-05 7:42 AM
Yep, grams is keeping an eye on you guys via FB. : pbbt:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-05 8:07 AM
:laugh: yes!
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-05 7:15 AM
Not surprising, but probably the most blah SuperBowl in years. The end was good but the Patriots just didn't seem to care. Must be because they already have so many rings. Of course the first time I root for them since 2002 and they act like a 5 seed team. :roll: They certainly didn't look very Patrioty.:roll: Very non-plussed. Now I'm glad they lost. But i'm not an Eagles fan:meh:.

Still, cool the backup QB got the win.:happy:

Ripley has an ingrown toenail. Very pussy. Doc or no? I can't really decide. Think we will soak and clean a couple more days before going to the doc. I feel bad, but if I weren't so broke I would take her today.:cry: I hate her foot being in pain. Is it going to heal on its own without cutting the nail out, though? If not I should take her today.

Dentist today to officially cancel root canal and get back on schedule for my $3800 bridge:cry: At least that is paid for, though. Just need to get it in.

Feel like I'm bleeding money.:cry: And my tax return is going to suck. It will barely help me pay off anything:cry:

And, migraine.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-05 7:36 AM
Yea they didn't quite seem like the powerhouse Patriots we know, although I figured they would march down and score a TD in that last minute because that's just what they do.

It depends on how in grown it is. If just a corner then soak in epsom salt and see if you can get it out that way. There is something about sliding dental floss (non flavored) under it as it heals that you could look up. I had one a year ago and soaking it helped. My mom had one and she read to cut a V down the middle to relieve pressure and that helped her although if the pain is on the skin from where it is ingrown then you may need to do more since it will bother her more than maybe an adult.

Sorry year in the headache club too
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-05 7:44 AM
I wouldn’t let the toenail go for more than a day or two if it’s really red, swollen and painful. Those suckers hurt.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-05 7:58 AM
Yeah, it started on Thursday. Q got lots of pus out Friday and Sat. I got more last night and this morning. I think I'm going to have to take her. Or we can just cut the toe off......
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-05 8:08 AM
yea that sounds worse than any I had or my mom, I didn't realize it was infected. Can you call the pediatrician office and see what they think?
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-05 8:27 AM
I've just left a message. I'd like to get it taken care of today. I just doubt they will do it. I bet they send us to urgent care:roll:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-05 8:50 AM
A regular doctor did mine but that was back in the day when primary care docs actually did something other than give a flu shot and refer. :roll: Having the toenail cut out hurts like no other. :cry: They’ll numb it good for her but when that wears off she will be hurting. Make sure to have some kids Advil or something like that on hand.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-05 9:14 AM
This will be her second time doing this. :roll: And they definitely said go to Urgent Care or a podiatrist.

I've had mine done at least 3 times I think. My right big toenail is a completely different shape than the left:laugh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-05 7:54 AM
--Watched the entire game (well, sort of I read during the first half of it) which is a first in a long time.

--Halftime show was mediocre at best.

--Ended up in the ER with Iowa last night. Took him to Springfield not realizing how bad the roads were. Ends up they think it’s his gallbladder and told him to call his doctor in the morning and tell them he was at ER and they need to do an ultrasound or whatever today. WTF? That was $300 down the toilet. Could they not have done that last night? I mean, we were already there for 3 hours. What’s another hour or so? I freaking hate Cox. :mutmad:

--Started some bell peppers yesterday. :happy:

--Huge pile up on 1-44 yesterday Rolla. That is a ways from us but I’m guessing that is why the rest stop near here was packed full of semis. They probably got word and pulled over for the evening/night while they had a spot to do so.

--My first client (10 a.m.) texted me yesterday wanting to know if she could come in at 9 instead. Sure, add another hour on to my day for no additional compensation. Joys of being self-employed. Guess I could have said no and then not make any money at all. :roll: Oh well, I won’t feel so bad telling her I’m charging more now.

--Debating on what to do on the thumb. 85% of the pain is gone but it’s still catching and clicking/snapping. Maybe one more shot??? If so, I’m going to try to schedule it for a Friday afternoon so I have a couple days to rest it. Yea, let’s see if that happens. :roll:

--So tragic about Gregg and Suzi’s friend. :cry:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-05 8:07 AM
How is Iowa today? I hope he is feeling better.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-05 8:31 AM
He is not better. In a lot of pain. Called doctors office in neighboring town and they’re not opening today until 9 because of the weather. He is not paying another $300 ER visit (that’s our copay) so these bastards need to figure it out. They should have done whatever needed to be done last night. This is totally unacceptable.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-05 9:16 AM
I went in once a few years ago with massive pain in my side. Thought i was dying. They did an ultrasound and another scan. Found nothing. Sent me home with percocet. At least they did real scans on it. The next day I drank a coke and burped for hours. Trapped gas:laugh:

My boss has gall bladder issues sometimes. :cry:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-05 10:43 AM
Doctor won’t see him until Wednesday or Thursday. Told him to go to Urgent Care or the ER. :mutmad::mutmad: I’m like, make the appointment for Wednesday. If it gets so bad before then and we have to go to ER or Urgent Care then we will. I wouldn’t feel bad cancelling last minute on the doc. He needs to get the f*** out of this network.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-05 12:21 PM
:shocker!:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-05 8:10 AM
what?? Why wouldn't they have done that at the ER?

Does the catching/clicking/snapping hurt or is it just annoying? Is there a downside to letting it go longer?
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-05 8:34 AM
The only thing I can think of why they wouldn’t have done it last night is to drag it out and make more money. It’s par for the course for Cox. The more doctors, the more clinics the more tests=more money, more money, more money.

I’d say right now the clicking is just annoying. I don’t think there is really any downside to letting it go longer. I did notice it hurt a little more last night when I was out in the 4 degree weather. I’m going to start sounding like an old person complaining about all her aches and pains when the temp nears freezing. :laugh:

I’ve decided I’m done with doctors this year. I need to find a good homeopath.
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / MVP Monday RTTs