Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Weekend rr/nrr
- - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-02-03 2:43 PM
What's up?
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-02-03 2:44 PM
26 min swim in 48 degree water. Felt awesome!
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-02-03 5:01 PM
Wetsuit or no wetsuit? Please tell me you had a wetsuit.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-02-04 1:05 PM
No, I'm a skin swimmer.
Parent - - By SRoo Date 2018-02-04 1:24 PM
Admit it:  You felt tough just typing that out.  :cool:
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-02-04 3:27 PM
:cool::cool:
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-02-04 5:32 PM
:laugh::laugh::hug::laugh:
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-02-04 1:27 PM
you are so badass!!! :cool::cool::cool:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-02-04 3:26 PM
+1 :cool:
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-02-04 3:28 PM
I pretty much do it for the badass points.

Or, as MCF would say, "I'm crazy, but not in a clinical way":wink:
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-02-03 7:58 PM
Nice swim!
Parent - - By Mickey [us] Date 2018-02-03 2:55 PM
5 pages of conclusion written : pbbt:  now to draw more pictures...
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-02-03 7:58 PM
Perhaps you can get the Geeklings to draw your pictures? :laugh:
Parent - - By Mickey [us] Date 2018-02-03 9:35 PM
:laugh: I wonder what would happen if they were drawn with scented gel pens :wtf:
Parent - By tritri Date 2018-02-04 12:28 PM
:laugh::laugh:
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-02-04 3:28 PM
In Legally Blonde Elle turns in her resume on scented pink paper and gets the internship. So why not.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-02-03 5:06 PM Edited 2018-02-03 5:20 PM
Started counseling today. T-bone came with me for the initial session, and that was great. The therapist seems nice. I didn't feel an instant connection, but she seems like someone I can work with.

I ran 3 miles yesterday and had a pretty good run, but my joints feel weird this week. I am tired and can feel my form is sloppy, too. I need to get back to yoga class and see if I can stretch things out and soothe the sore bits.

RR: Dali is getting subcutaneous fluids 3x/week now. She doesn't really like the process, but it is definitely perking her up and encouraging her appetite. We are offering her anything she will eat now, and we have gotten some good tips about treats to offer her, including baby food jars of chicken. She is still purring and sociable and getting around okay, and is still eating and drinking. We will do what we can for her as long as we can, and it is good whenever we see her looking alert and happy.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-02-03 7:59 PM
I hope counseling goes well. :hug:

Dali. :hug:  It sounds like you are doing what is best for her.
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-02-04 3:29 PM
Finding a good therapist is such a help. I hope things go well with her.:hug:

Dali. :hug::hug:
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-02-03 5:25 PM
Thanks for starting this!  I was going to do it, but I was tired. :laugh:

I went to a Machine Head concert last night and it was awesome.  They're my favorite live band, but it has been close to two years since they last toured.  They were playing in a city 3 hours (and one time zone) away, so I drove down for the show.  I got there really early to get a spot on the rail and met up with a friend.  Machine Head tours on their own with no supporting acts or anything, so they played for a solid 2.5+ hours.  I wouldn't generally describe myself as "happy," but that is my happy place.  My friend and I waited around after the show to chat with the guys and get autographs as they were heading back to the bus -- we were the only two people who hung out to do that, but the guys are always super nice and willing to chat.  I even got some beer. :laugh:  I guess someone at a previous show had given them some local beer, but they don't drink IPAs so the bassist sent us home with beer.  But waiting for the band after the show meant I was there until 1:30am, then it was 3 hours back home and I "lost" an hour so I got home at 5:40am.  I'm kinda tired. : pbbt:  It was absolutely worth it, though.  The worst part about it is that I was supposed to do a long run this morning, but even I am not quite that crazy, so I've pushed my long run back to tomorrow.  This morning it was somewhere near freezing but clear.  Tomorrow morning it is supposed to be in the upper 30s and raining. :cry:

I get to see Machine Head again on Tuesday in my city. :grin::grin::grin:
Parent - - By SRoo Date 2018-02-04 11:04 AM
Sounds like fun! 

And by that I mean that I am happy for you because you need to kick back and enjoy some free time.  Not that it sounds like fun for me.  : pbbt:
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-02-04 3:29 PM
yes, this.:laugh:
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-02-04 6:42 PM
It isn't most people's idea of fun. :laugh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-05 7:15 AM
ditto! hehe
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-02-04 1:12 PM
so glad you got to have some fun, and that you get to see them again on Tuesday! goodness but you do deserve to do something for yourself every now and again :hug:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-02-04 3:30 PM
You've been really busy helping family and building/renovating. It's time you had some fun. :grin:
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-02-04 8:48 AM
Holy hell, that was a cold run.  34*F, windy, and raining.  I ended up doing just shy of 8 miles, so not a long run, but I decided it would be stupid to get an hour away from home in those conditions.  I knew it was going to be miserable out, but I knew I could handle it for a while.  I was drenched by the time I came back in, but wasn't too awfully cold.  I wouldn't have wanted to be out there for twice as long, though.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-02-04 9:32 AM
ugh, that sounds miserable! 34 degrees and a steady rain - that's just awful :cry: good job getting out there for as long as you did.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-02-04 3:32 PM
Great job on doing the run in those conditions. Windy meant quite a wind chill as well as the added chill from the rain itself. :shocker!::cool:
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-02-04 9:51 AM
so I decided to get up and get some work done before running this morning. Alas, it is now raining a miserable cold rain.  Should have gone out first thing. OH well, that's what the treadmill is for! I shall hit it for 6-7 in a little bit. I've actually started to be able to read on the TM on my iPad, in addition to watching TV. For some reason, I had this idea that I wouldn't be able to concentrate enough to read, but it seems to actually make the time go faster than TV does! Of course, I'm not reading anything too highbrow, and certainly not doing schoolwork!
Parent - By SRoo Date 2018-02-04 11:02 AM
I would be scared that my iPad would end up on the ground!  Enjoy your treadmill running/reading.
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-02-04 3:33 PM
I'm not sure I'd want to read on the treadmill.  And at first I thought you were reading AND watching TV at the same time and thought that would be HARD.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-02-04 3:34 PM
A friend of mine used her tablet on the TM even on the high elevations and it stayed put. I would think a case would help. :happy:
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-02-04 8:53 PM
I can confirm that it is indeed miserably cold and rainy out. :laugh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-05 7:17 AM
I always have a magazine on the workout machine (TM or elliptical) to read between commercials although I've never tried reading on an ipad before. Do you make the print larger?
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-02-05 7:55 AM
I actually don't - it seems to be ok (the print size).
Parent - - By SRoo Date 2018-02-04 11:01 AM
Roolet had a great wrestling tournament! :grin: He was 4-1.  I'm so happy for him.  He has been working hard for three years and just getting smooshed for the first two.  This year he has been close in several matches, and yesterday he put some things together and won.  He is stoked. It is great to see him get rewarded for hard work and persistence. :hug:

In more mundane news, I am still reading promotion applications (last meeting is Saturday) and trying to keep ahead or even in my classes.  I have a really great one this year--the students perform higher than I predict, which makes me want to up my game, which then results in the students achieving more, and the whole thing keeps snowballing.  Totally awesome, but lots of work.

I'm heading downstairs to lift now.  The dog will be excited to help me with planks and pushups.  Tonight we will watch some football and eat nachos.  DH said he found a recipe and is looking forward to making them.  I didn't know that a recipe was required for nachos, but hey, I'm on board with it.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-02-04 12:53 PM
great job Roolet!!! How gratifying for him to see all of his hard work paying off!

my recipe for nachos is - pile everything vaguely Mexican on tortilla chips, smother in cheese, bake until bubbly, EAT! with sour cream and salsa.

I'm making samosa-stuffed baked potatoes and Indian flavored roasted cauliflower. Hardly Super Bowl classics, but big faves in our house.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-02-04 3:38 PM
Excellent work, Roolet!
One of my students many years ago was gifted. She not only could do what I asked, she started anticipating what I would ask.
Her name was even Judy. :laugh:
Parent - By SRoo Date 2018-02-04 5:04 PM
Of course it was a Judy!  :cool:
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-02-04 3:30 PM
Kick ass synchro workout today. I noticed that getting into pike position is getting easier, and I'm having fun with that. We did some peer coaching today and I really appreciated my peers. This is a fun new sport!
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-02-04 3:42 PM
Glad for you that synchro is such fun! How many swimmers are in the team?
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-02-04 10:01 PM
today there were 18 of us!!!
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2018-02-04 4:44 PM
RR:  Trainer workout yesterday.  Took DS1 with me because last weekend he told me diamond push ups were easy.  Trainer had him do everything I did, but lowered the weight on the curls.  DS1 was sore last night, and whining today about his poor wittle abs.  :evil::evil::evil:

Today was 4.15 miles on the TM.  Mostly walking at a 4mph pace, with several stretches of running varying from 4-10 minutes.  Trainer prefers I not run to avoid the stress on my knees, but can't walk that much on the TM without going insane. 

NRR:  Today I showed up at a house warming party a week early.  :blush:  At least I realized before I got out of the car and rang the doorbell.  Drove up and noticed bags of mulch laying in the flower bed, thought that's odd to have there, but whatever.  Then I realized there weren't enough cars for there to be a party going on.  I'd thought it was a little odd to have an open house from 2-5 on Super Bowl Sunday, but again, whatever.  Heh.  Now I know.  DS1 was annoyed with me because that meant he had to go to the grocery store with him, without having had fun with this friend at the party.  He's having a "rough" weekend.  :roll:
Parent - By SRoo Date 2018-02-04 4:56 PM
:laugh:  We should all hope for such rough weekends!

Nice workouts.  I need to start doing some cardio stuff.
Parent - By stickywicket Date 2018-02-04 7:56 PM
:laugh: that sounds like a curb your enthusiasm episode - Larry keeps showing up for parties on the wrong day on purpose so it looks like he wanted to come, but the he doesn't have to actually go.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-02-04 6:54 PM
Guess who is coming to visit.  Remember surgeon sis and her partner who left less than a week ago?  They're terribly stressed after spending four whole days working on their apartment (the military did all of the packing, loading, transporting, and unloading) so now they've decided to go on vacation.  But they have a kitten and obviously the most reasonable thing to do is to leave the cat (who doesn't particularly like our dog or cat) here while they get away for a few days.  They will likely showing up late tomorrow afternoon asking what's for supper, spending the night, then leaving their cat.  This is me being amused: :meh:.  Mom feels about the same way I do, but my parents won't say anything.
Parent - - By stickywicket Date 2018-02-04 7:50 PM
Wow. She sounds awesome. I didn't realize she was in the military?
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-02-04 8:15 PM
She isn't.  Her partner is.
Parent - - By stickywicket Date 2018-02-04 8:28 PM
Where are they moving to? Sorry if you wrote all this before...I've had some travel in the past week or so.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-02-04 8:52 PM
They just moved from New London, CT to Charleston, SC.
Parent - By stickywicket Date 2018-02-04 10:08 PM
Well, that will be different. And closer to you...will she still be surgerizing there or has she quit?:wtf:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-05 7:19 AM
:shocker!:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-02-05 7:56 AM
:mutmad::mutmad::mutmad: also.... not nice for their kitty either!!
Parent - - By stickywicket Date 2018-02-04 8:27 PM
I'm in the midwest. It's cold and dark here.:shocker!:
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-02-04 8:51 PM
You're in the wintertime part of the globe. :shocker!:
Parent - - By stickywicket Date 2018-02-04 10:09 PM
Seriously. Why do people want to live like this?:shocker!:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-05 7:20 AM
you're not supposed to leave nice weather and come to the cold/dark - you're supposed to do it the opposite :laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-02-05 10:42 AM
We have a scholar from Australia this year, he came here in September and is returning home in March, basically giving himself three winters in a row!
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-05 10:51 AM
:cry:
Parent - By stickywicket Date 2018-02-05 8:32 PM
:laugh::cry: I just skyped with Mr. Sticky. He was sitting in the sunshine eating an iceblock. I was huddled in the dark and felt like an iceblock.
Parent - - By Mickey [us] Date 2018-02-05 10:38 AM
:wtf: My part of the midwest has 5" of fresh powder & blinding sunlight :cool:  It is cold, though, about 5°F.

But it finally looks like winter is supposed to look like. :grin:
Parent - By stickywicket Date 2018-02-05 8:33 PM
Your midwest is even colder than my midwest!:shocker!:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Weekend rr/nrr