Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / The day the Music Died 2/3 daily
- - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-02-03 8:45 AM
Buddy Holly, Richie Valens, The Big Bopper.  I was only a week old so I only know what I've heard or read.
What's up on this Saturday?  music?  running? whatever.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-02-03 8:47 AM
There is a local 15k.  I'm in no shape.  That, and it's darn cold and damp.  So just the usual Saturday stuff around here.  I suppose pregame tv has started already......
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-02-03 9:50 AM
Good morning and thanks for the start!

Well I have gone to the church and helped with my quarterly altar care duties.  Met a new lady today that just joined our team.  Other than that, I think it will just be a lazy day at home.  I really need to tend to my household chores.

I plan to get out for a power walk later this morning.

Have a good day all!
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-02-03 11:24 AM
I was nearly a month old at the time so I remember it well. It was a sad day.

I woke up early but it was too darn cold and dark to run so killed some time with the TV and the Kindle and at 7:00 when the gym opened, I went there and ran 4 miles on the treadmill.

Pet peeve - People who buy more than they need of something because it is on sale.  I went to the grocery store today and on my list was some cereal Cindy wanted. But the cereal isle was full of empty holes. Various brands and sizes were on sale and they were all empty.  Why is it that people do that? What kind of twisted greed is it that takes everything and leaves none for everyone else? It should be a crime.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-02-03 3:44 PM
I wasn't here yet when they died, but I watched the movie "La Bamba" when it came out in the movie theaters, I guess 1987 or 88?

I ran trails for the first time in probably two months.  It was good to be back in the woods running.  I ran 11.03 miles.
Parent - - By rungear [us] Date 2018-02-03 5:23 PM
For Seniors on FB,

"I've  given  up  on regular Facebook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those of my generation who do not, and cannot, comprehend why Facebook exists.

I am trying to make friends outside of Facebook while applying the same principles.

Therefore, every day I walk down the street and tell passersby what I have eaten, how I'm feeling at the moment, what I have done the night before, what I will do later and with whom.

I give them pictures of my family, my dog, of me gardening, golfing and taking things apart in the garage, watering the lawn, standing in front of landmarks, driving around town, having lunch, and doing what everybody does every day."

I also listen to their conversations, give them the "thumbs up" and tell them, "I like them." And, it works...   Just like Facebook....

I already have four people following me. ...

Two police officers, a private investigator and a psychiatrist...
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-02-03 7:12 PM
:laugh:
Parent - - By Blueberry Sky Date 2018-02-03 8:22 PM
Greetings and salutations! 

I wasn't around for another 7 months, so I guess I was "baking" the day the music died. We've sure lost some greats along the way. A few still make me cry. :sad:

Tomorrow is our last day below zero, for a good week. Or, who knows, winter as I love it, could be over? :sad: Days now have plenty of light, I'm not sure what people gripe about. The really short days only lasted a couple of months and I personally, LOVED it. But, I'm a hunker down, hermit/cave person, so I guess it just suits me. : pbbt: They are putting a treadmill in the big house, so I will be able to walk/run on a regular basis, no below 20 excuses! This is a good thing. Between the lack of activity, my new bread machine and plenty of time to bake, I'm fat. : pbbt:

My cat is the best kitty ever, well, except for Cowboy, THE best kitty EVER, that lived until he was 18 and died of cancer. :cry::cry::cry:
I have started the job hunt and am now remembering how un-fun that is. :wink:
That's it here for now.

If you watch the Super Bowl, may your team win. I will be rooting for the Puppy Bowl. :hug::laugh:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-02-04 8:13 AM
ah, the Puppy Bowl.  Don't the kitties have the halftime show?
Parent - By Ron274 [us] Date 2018-02-03 8:26 PM
A sad day, 2/3/1959. I was 13 at the time.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / The day the Music Died 2/3 daily