- - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-02 11:04 AM
:cool:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-02 11:05 AM
TTC
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-02 11:05 AM
Preggo
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-02-02 12:51 PM
:blush: so.... BFP yesterday...

I'm scared to hope, but it seems that what people say about M/C's and it being easier to get preggo right after is turning out to be true for me. I likely will keep it quiet (except for you, my internet friends :laugh:) for several weeks.  I mean, duh, my mom already knows, but no one else.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-02 1:08 PM
edit:  "good luck" didn't quite seem right.  Exciting news on the BFP and fingers crossed for a sticky one
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-02-02 1:14 PM
thank you! we shall see how it goes!
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-02-02 3:51 PM
Fingers crossed.

I mentioned before that I lost a pregnancy at 5 weeks in early November 1994. DS was born in August 1995. Let's just say it rained a lot that Thanksgiving weekend...:blush::evil::hug:
Parent - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2018-02-02 7:27 PM
That was our timeline, except 20 years later! (almost...lost a pregnancy Oct 2014, preg Nov 2014, E born Aug 2015)
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-02-04 9:48 AM
lol, busy busy!! :hug:

thanks for the good vibes! For some reason, I have a good feeling about this little bean :hug::hug:
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-02-03 4:56 PM
:hug::hug::hug:
Parent - - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2018-02-03 5:06 PM
And you did tell DH right, in addition to your mom? :wink:
Seriously though, I'll be hoping for this one to be a sticky little baby!! So that will make your EDD late Oct or early Nov?
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-02-04 9:49 AM
heh heh, yeah. I did tell him first.  He was following the "I haven't gotten my period yet!" saga, so he was in the loop, haha.

EDD is 10/11. My mom's bday is 10/16, which would be so cool - although unlikely - that they would be birthday twins!

DH and I got really excited yesterday and narrowed names down to 6 boy and 5 girl names.  Ha ha.
Parent - - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2018-02-04 12:46 PM
Good day! 10/11 is my mom's b-day, plus one of my BFFs from growing up that I'm still close with!
Oh my, you are on the ball. We just finalized a name last week! Well, down to two but there is currently a frontrunner.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-02-04 12:49 PM
Eh, I had already been thinking about names last time, so I had a list on my computer :laugh: DH is very picky so I knew I had to present him with several options :laugh: we still have a ways to go with 6 and 5!
Parent - By newfmrs Date 2018-02-04 10:32 AM
Congrats C!
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-02-04 12:49 PM
Thank you everyone :hug::hug:
Parent - By Fry [us] Date 2018-02-07 6:54 AM
Sending you sticky thoughts.
Parent - - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2018-02-03 3:36 PM
Slowly coming to peace with the idea of having a c-section. I did a search here and read about a lot of the shared experiences from this group...what a help! The forum came back just in time.

I've talked to DH about what I'll/we'll need. My main thing from him is that I want him to not take his eyes off of baby when they go to the nursery after the surgery and remind them (if needed) to get her back to me ASAP. Our hospital (nurses especially) are so pro-breastfeeding, I don't expect a fight on getting her back to me. I also told him I may need help with holding her for BFing at the beginning. I'm hearing that the MyBrestFriend pillow is the best for nursing after a section, so I'll take that to the hospital with me. I can't imagine it being easy to nurse comfortably in a hospital bed after the c-section, no matter the pillow we try anyway...
I've also talked to my mom about needing more help at home afterwards and also I've asked her to be at the hospital. I might want her with me so I'm not alone after baby and DH leave.

I'm currently researching the meds options that you mentioned, newf. I think I could try to go without the narcotics but the anti-anxiety meds would be a good idea (DH agrees with me!).

If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know. I did get some granny panties already and have some comfy clothes that I don't think will hit at the incision.
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-02-03 4:10 PM
Sounds like you're getting as prepared as you can :hug: I've heard the same about MyBreastFriend (worst name ever...) from my friend who had a c-section and then EBF'd until almost 2! You got this. I'm glad your hospital is so BFing friendly. Makes all the difference.

Will be thinking of you!!! Update when you can.
Parent - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2018-02-03 5:05 PM
Yes, it is an awesome culture the nurses have built on the L&D unit there. I'm very happy to have them as our local hospital, it is less than 2 miles away so it is the most convenient option!
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-04 9:36 AM
Maybe I have blocked it out or maybe I got lucky but I don’t remember a ton of pain with the incision. I just used pillows at the hospital for BF and my Boppy at home and don’t remember any pain or problems from it.  I did like the mesh panties or something looser and I wore some maternity yoga pants or workout pants which didn’t hit at the incision. The only pain I remember was from laughing hard when baby B pooped like a play doh factory the next day after being born and then I did hit it a time or 2 on the vanity at home.
Parent - By newfmrs Date 2018-02-04 10:23 AM
I used the mesh throw away underwear for the first week or so too.
Parent - - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2018-02-04 12:44 PM
Oh yeah, I'm a fan of the mesh undies! Don't judge me but I actually kept the ones from when DS was born (like 3 pairs) so I can use them again, they worked so well for me.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-02-04 12:50 PM
I loooooove them!!!
Parent - - By newfmrs Date 2018-02-04 10:23 AM
I don't recall any problems holding him while nursing but it did hurt to lift and move away from my body to lay him down.  I'd ask DH to get him when I was done. I had no problem with pillows and boppy.  Using your own is still a good plan.  DH went with DS.  He didn't want to leave me but we'd planned on it so he went.  My issue was my temp.  After I moved into my room with the heater blankets DH and baby came to my room.  I just couldn't hold or nurse him.  DH did skin to skin though.  Like I said all my BFing things were short term (but were there so good you are preparing with plans, nursing pillow, etc).  It had no long term impact and I was able to EBF.  I didn't recover as quickly ( I remember I think DangerousDan like walking mile a week after).  I struggled the first two weeks but had a huge improvement at 3 weeks and got cleared and started running at 6 weeks PP.  So even if things seem rough initially I recovered pretty well by 6 weeks.  Heck my foot and calf surgery was harder and more painful.  DH's coworker's wife cooked us several dinners which was so helpful.  I didn't really do steps much at all the first two weeks so DH brought me dinner in the bedroom on a chair and TV tray!
Parent - - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2018-02-04 12:43 PM
Thank you! This is all so helpful. My mom is all-in and ready to help out, which will be awesome. That way, I'm hoping DH can focus on E and I can focus on baby, with the help of my mom. And she can take E when we need her to also. That's where he'll be "vacationing at Nanapop's" while we are at the hospital.
Is your house 2 stories? I see myself maybe camping out downstairs instead of ever even going up to the bedroom (2nd floor) maybe for the first few days if necessary.
Parent - - By newfmrs Date 2018-02-04 1:04 PM
At that point it was 2 story with no full bath on first floor.  I wasn't so bad I couldn't go up and down stairs but it didn't feel great so I mostly camped out upstairs.  It was better for me than a couch and I could have DH get DS1 for me to feed at night.  If I had a full bed and bath on the first floor I'd have likely stayed there.  I just preferred DH with me to help out at night, use my own bathroom, etc.  Also had older kids that I wanted rest and them to still use the main floor.
Parent - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2018-02-04 1:10 PM
Eh....forgot about the whole shower thing! Yes, the 2nd floor would be better for me too probably, if I don't feel like I can manage the stairs.
And my bed is way more comfy than the couch anyway. I was thinking proximity to food/kitchen!!! I'll just have to put my "helpers" to work in that area. :)
Parent - - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2018-02-04 12:52 PM
Update for today: my neighbor that is also a midwife came over to give me an unofficial belly check and is also cautiously optimistic. She thinks she feels the head down low, but was unable to 100% tell where the butt is so that makes it a little uncertain. She advised against having the acupuncturist hit induction points, just in case. But there is def something hard and round down low in my pelvis where it should be. (if it is the head!)
But she did give some good advice. The docs want to check with an ultrasound at the hospital Tuesday morning and then do c-section if she is not in correct position or induce if she is. Neighbor friend recommended asking them to give me a few hours and to try to see acupuncturist during that time so she can try the induction points before the OB/midwife does. Also, go for a walk, etc. She also advised me on various induction options and their pros/cons. So much to think about!
This has been a crazy week.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-02-04 12:54 PM
omg, sounds so intense!!! Glad you got the midwife to weigh in. Definitely a lot to think about!! :hug::hug::hug:
Parent - By newfmrs Date 2018-02-04 1:05 PM
Good luck, it can happen.  My OB planned to induce right away if DS was head down.
Parent - - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2018-02-04 2:27 PM
Can we please add another layer to our situation? DH's uncle is on life support and won't be around much longer....so at some point in the not-so-near future it looks like DH will be going up to upstate NY with his parents for services for his uncle (no clue when that will happen though). We discussed and I support him going and he will figure out a way to be gone 2 days or less and we'll play everything by ear depending on the birth and all. Luckily my mom/dad and sister/her family are local and can offer a lot of help. Our neighbors are also amazing and I could call any of them to help out with E or me if needed.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-02-04 4:26 PM
Omg oh no :cry: I'm so sorry to hear about DH's uncle but omg what rotten timing!! So glad you have so much local support. Hugs :hug:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-07 10:57 AM
:cry:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-02-07 6:50 PM
Oh gosh. I'm sorry. Glad you have a support system close by. Poor DH -- one life ending, another one beginning.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-02-22 8:44 AM
Feeling more optimistic about this little nugget! 7 weeks today and size of a blueberry. P was eating blueberries for breakfast this morning, so it was a weird image :laugh: I'm SO tired. I feel like I could sleep for a thousand years. And I'm queasy every morning - not a lot, but more than I was for the last 2 pregnancies. Taking both of those as good signs. I wasn't as tired in the fall as I am this time. Cook little bean cook!

DH and I are crazy and are already narrowing down names :laugh: We like Marielle, Cecilia, and Adeline for girls and Xavier/Javier, Avery, and Berkeley for boys. I told everyone about our name choices for P when I was like 10 weeks pregnant, so I'm refusing to be superstitious.

Anyway, sticky vibes!! :hug:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-02 11:05 AM
PP
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-02 12:10 PM
Benjamin is just over 14 months old. He is adventurous and loves to climb on everything :meh: and I'm pretty sure he's going to be a handful :cry:. But a cute handful :laugh: He's not a great eater, especially vegetables or fruit other than bananas, so still giving him some baby food purees to make sure he gets that stuff. Sometimes I don't even bother putting stuff on his tray because I know he won't eat it but yet I know he needs to keep having the opportunity to try things. Despite being a picky eater he is definitely a chunker - short and fat just like his mama :blush:. You would think he'd be slim considering he's on the go all of his waking hours, sometimes I wish he'd just stop and watch Mickey lol
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-02-02 12:52 PM
it takes time with the food, and they all go in phases. P regressed to nursing only for a week at Christmas! Now she's back to her normal Hoovering up anything that isn't nailed down self.  She also climbs on EVERYTHING. It only gets, uh, worse? Better? :laugh::laugh: He sounds like he's doing great.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-02 1:10 PM
the climbing drives me crazy just because of the inevitable falls and possible injury but I can only do so much. He's always so proud of himself when he climbs up on something that it is hard to be mad :laugh:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-02-02 1:15 PM
yeah, you can only do so much for sure. p has already taken headers from the couch, our bed, and the stairs.
Parent - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2018-02-02 7:28 PM
Aw, so cute! E was (and continues to be) a climber too. :)
I think you're right, giving opportunities with the food is the best thing you can do at this point.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-02-02 9:28 PM
Keep offering; eventually they try some foods. And you never know what they are going to like.
Parent - - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2018-02-09 2:29 PM
She flipped! She flipped!  Baby Vivian Pearl was born on Tuesday 2/6 by vaginal delivery. We got there to the hospital at 5:30 for a scheduled c-section. They took us back and started doing all this prep (registering, IV, etc) for the surgery and I kept saying give me the ultrasound, but they wouldn't do it until the doc came in. A midwife came in to feel my belly (prob just to get me to shut up) and said she was not head down, bummer. When doc showed up for u/s, she put it low on my pelvis and announced "that's a head!" Everyone was overjoyed and baby V showed up about 9 hours later. Induction went great and labor/delivery was actually pretty awesome. (I did get an epidural! Getting that placed wasn't super smooth but not horrific.) I believe she flipped after my first acupuncture session (the same day as the failed version.)
We are well. Adjusting to life as a family of four!
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-02-09 3:47 PM
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: oh oh oh oh my goodness!!! WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME!!! congratulations, mama! Go Vivian - way to flip!!!!
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-09 5:53 PM
Yeah! Congrats!!
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-02-09 5:59 PM
Congratulations!  I'm so glad she flipped!
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-02-09 6:23 PM
Congratulations!:hug:
Parent - By BoredTemp [us] Date 2018-02-09 8:35 PM
Yay!  Congratulations!!!
Parent - By tritri Date 2018-02-10 6:12 PM
:hug::hug:  Welcome little one!!
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2018-02-10 7:48 PM
Yay!! Congrats :happy:
Parent - By moonglow9 Date 2018-02-11 6:36 PM
:hug::hug:Congratulations! Very happy for you all.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-02-11 6:42 PM
Congratulations to you and baby Vivian and the entire easternshore family.

So start taking this one to gymnastics class as soon as you can, she's already doing flips!
Parent - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2018-02-12 2:28 PM
Yay congrats!! :grin::hug::hug:
Parent - By Gunna [is] Date 2018-02-13 1:09 PM
Woohoo, congratulations to you and the family!!! :grin::hug:
Parent - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2018-02-14 6:15 PM
congratulations! :hug::hug::hug::hug:
Parent - By sarahbanana Date 2018-02-14 9:54 PM
congratuations!  that is a beautiful name.
Parent - By stickywicket Date 2018-02-15 6:32 PM
Woo! Congrats!:hug::hug:
Parent - By newfmrs Date 2018-02-15 9:04 PM
Congrats to you and your family! Glad she flipped and things are going well.
Parent - By elmtree Date 2018-02-22 9:05 AM
Congratulations!!!
Parent - - By sarahbanana Date 2018-02-14 9:54 PM
Hi guys!  Sorry for disappearing for a couple years.  I am back though to beg for advice...

My daughter who will be 3 in 2 months is giving me hell with potty training.  My son who is 5.5 was SO easy to potty train, I have been pretty lost.  She is now fully potty trained for pee which seems like a miracle in itself because her willpower is astounding and she would literally hold it and pee once a day or less, sometimes not even during the night/naps!!

Needless to say, she is also able to hold her poop :/  She has always had a thing where she likes to poop alone in her room standing behind her chair.  Last summer we traveled for 6 days and she only pooped twice and I'm sure it was because she didn't have her setup.  We are traveling again in a few weeks and I'm worried what will happen because things have gotten a lot worse - she used to just go hide and poop whenever she needed to (assuming she was at home) but now she's in undies all the time so she holds it.  Occasionally she'll ask for a pull up but more often I remind her in the evening to try, give her a pull up, give her hot tea, etc.  She will sit on the potty and "try" but it never happens - not sure if she's not really trying or if she's actually having a hard time.  It has gotten to the point multiple times where she was so constipated she was up all night crying.

She has a high fiber diet, lots of liquids, she is just sooo stubborn.  I try to stay out of power struggles with her because she is extremely strong willed.  Sometimes she'll go in her room (where the potty is for a few reasons) and pee in the potty all on her own and come back out so I know if she decided to poop on the potty she could do it on her own too.  I have promised her ice cream and a movie night any time she poops on the potty!

Just wondering if anyone has been through something similar and had any ideas?  I know others who have struggled with this and I have the feeling it will sort out with time but the traveling is stressing me and we have also missed work/school (due to being up all night and/or leaving the house late because she was finally able to go and it took a while) and it has affected my stress level so much that it affected my older child's behavior at school! 

To throw a wrench in it she is JUST getting over 2 weeks of flu which caused diarrhea.  So I hadn't been pushing fiber or things like pear juice, etc, but now she's back to her usual struggle.

Hoping everyone is well!  Excited to see some are adding to their families :)
Parent - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2018-02-15 6:12 PM
I used to hide behind the door and poop in my pants. My boys never really trained on poop until 4 and change. My oldest would poop anywhere (like mom). The youngest likes to poop in his toilet only (and he takes all his clothes off, totally funny still at 11).
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-02-15 6:46 PM
My cousin's son refused to poop in the potty for a long time.  He's 4 now and I'm not sure of the current status of his pooping. :laugh:  He would ask for a pull-up and poop in that, but otherwise would just hold it.  It definitely seemed to be a situation where he knew he was in control.  I don't think my cousin found any sort of magic solution, but you're not alone. :cry:
Parent - By BoredTemp [us] Date 2018-02-15 9:01 PM
Just sympathy here.  Mine was insanely stubborn about pooping too and didn’t train till 3.5.  I’m sure she will train eventually in her own time, just hang in there.  Is she able to verbalize what she would like and can you ask her how she wants to handle things while you are traveling?  Maybe letting her feel like she is in control will help? 

Sounds like you are already doing all the right things.
Parent - By newfmrs Date 2018-02-15 9:07 PM
Yeah, think it's common.  DD1 struggled until 4 with it. I hate pooping anywhere other than home.  I've gone on week long backpacking trips without pooping:sad:.  I'd say see if she has some preferences like a big potty with insert, little potty, does she want a stool to prop feet on ( I used to need this as a kid).  Maybe a warm bath when she needs to go?  With DD1 it took well over a year once she had peeing down before pooping came along.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-02-16 10:06 AM
Very common. They seem to be OK with peeing in the potty but poop is a bigger issue -- this is something tangible that her body produced and now she's flushing it away never to be seen again. It does take time.

And the problem is that it's a cycle -- she doesn't poop for whatever reason, it accumulates, she tries to go and it hurts, so she doesn't, so more accumulates, she tries again and it hurts more...

Have you talked to her pediatrician or a nurse in the ped's office? They may have some suggestions.

Also IIRC DS liked the book "Everyone Poops" and was more inclined to use the potty once he learned what poop is and that it's usually flushed away. (He was not at all happy the first time we went hiking and he was introduced to the concept of a pit toilet. :laugh:) Maybe that would be something to try?
Parent - By sarahbanana Date 2018-02-16 6:15 PM
Thanks guys.  I know it's normal and I don't have any real issue with her continuing to use a pullup if she prefers.  Just being up all night due to constipation!  Especially with the mammoth sleep struggles we've worked through...
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-02-22 8:48 AM
no advice, because my little lady is just 18 months, but... hi! and your kiddos are so big now! :hug:
Parent - - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2018-02-23 10:10 AM
We are doing really well. I love being a second time mom! V is super easy. :knocksonwood: She is about 2.5 weeks old and has already slept some 4 hour chunks at night! Not every night, but we've had about 4 awesome nights sprinkled in with the usual kind of newborn sleep I would expect.
Nursing is going well, she is gaining steadily. She's still a little thing but was pretty much back to her birthweight at our 2 week appt.
Big brother E is adjusting OK. He's having a hard time obviously sometimes (mostly at bedtime when V is needy and so is he) but we're getting through. I'm trying to give him some special time with me each day and DH is stepping up with taking care of him.

Looking back, I'm sure I had PPA with E and I'm not dealing with any of that now. None of the trouble sleeping or anxiety over feeding or bad dreams. I'm just really happy and feel like things are good! I'm getting to see lots of friends and we've had a couple of days of nice weather that has helped to get outside and get some fresh air too.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-23 10:59 AM
:hug::hug: great update!
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-02-23 11:05 AM
this is so wonderful to hear! :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-02-23 1:40 PM
So glad you are doing well as a family of 4!
Parent - By tritri Date 2018-02-24 3:49 PM
:hug::hug:
Up Topic Communities / Women / February 2018 TTC/Preggo/PP