Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / It's Groundhog Day - 2/2/2018 Friday!
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-02-02 6:28 AM
D.J. #1: Okay, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties 'cause it's cooooold out there today.

D.J. #2: It's coooold out there every day. What is this, Miami Beach?

D.J. #1: Not hardly. And you know, you can expect hazardous travel later today with that, you know, that, uh, that blizzard thing.

D.J. #2: [mockingly] That blizzard - thing. That blizzard - thing. Oh, well, here's the report! The National Weather Service is calling for a "big blizzard thing!"

D.J. #1: Yessss, they are. But you know, there's another reason why today is especially exciting.

D.J. #2: Especially cold!

D.J. #1: Especially cold, okay, but the big question on everybody's lips...

D.J. #2: On their chapped lips...

D.J. #1: On their chapped lips, right: Do ya think Phil is gonna come out and see his shadow?

D.J. #2: Punxsutawney Phil!

D.J. #1: That's right, woodchuck-chuckers - it's...

D.J. #1, D.J. #2: [in unison] GROUNDHOG DAY!
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-02-02 6:32 AM
It is cold out there today. 16° on my front porch.

I let myself sleep in, so I am going to work for a while and then run at lunch time.  It could be up to 20° bu then.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-02-02 7:17 AM
That is cold Dave!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-02-02 9:24 AM
can you believe we missed Groundhog's day Eve?
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-02-02 7:19 AM
This exchange is funny!  Of course, here in south Texas I don't know why we take such interest in Punxsutawney Phil, but we do.

Not much planned for today.  Going to Mass this morning, helping out with a mailing and then having dinner with friends. 

Enjoy your Friday!

PS  Have you started thinking about Valentine's Day?  Do you buy a treat for your loved one?  Kids?
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-02-02 9:24 AM
I went to First Friday mass and the chapel was locked!:shocker!:  Guess the deacon overslept.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-02-02 9:29 AM
Dang!  This Mass will have a nice size group for a 10:00 weekday one.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-02-02 9:31 AM
Valentine question;  Lee gets a coconut cake.  Amy gets a coffee mug.  Lisa has Jacob, what more could she want?
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-02-02 8:35 AM
I've got Sonny and Cher's "I've got you babe" running thru my head.

running something at lunch. 5 or so i think
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-02-02 9:22 AM
Lucky.  Mine is Mac Davis' "Baby Baby don't get Hooked on Me".  :shocker!:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-02-02 9:29 AM
Another cold sunny February day in NW IL.  Just the usual; coffee, dog, yoga.  Yesterday I did something called 'grounding my chakras'.  Sounds naughty:laugh:  It was a good workout though.  Haven't looked ahead to see what today's is.  YouTube certainly brings variety to working out at home.

Lee has afterwork obligations so I'm flying solo tonight.  I'm making Mongolian beef and broccoli because he hates it and I love it.  Cheers!
Parent - By DottieO Date 2018-02-02 10:09 AM
It’s chilly. 25 degrees. Sunny, though, after a snow shower. It’s all pretty and white again. I’ve already been for a nice walk looking for the snowy owl who has taken up residence here for a while. I only have to work two nights so I have Sunday off but I’m paying for it when I have to work Thursday instead- 4 shifts in a row. :cry:

:grin:
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-02-02 10:35 AM
It was in the teens this morning with 3 as the windchill.  After two miles I wasn't all that cold anymore, but I ended the run at 5 miles as planned.  We got some big snowflakes yesterday afternoon that covered the grass, but the roads are fine today. 

I may go to the local high school basketball game tonight.  They play the high school where I taught for 8 years.  I'll catch up with some friends I haven't seen in while.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-02-02 1:39 PM
Snowflakes that cover the yard are serious big!
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-02-02 11:19 AM
Took an early lunch and ran 4 miles. The sun was out but the wind was cold. After a mile I was feeling fine and the cold didn't bother me.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-02-02 1:43 PM
The role of the run will be played by a Philly Cheesesteak.  How's that for a tradeoff?

Does anybody else in the USA even care about the Superbowl?   It's been almost wall to wall coverage on Philly TV/radio.

Tom in DE
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-02-02 2:35 PM
There are more ads showing the Patriots than the Eagles here.  About 2 to 1.  It upsets me.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / It's Groundhog Day - 2/2/2018 Friday!