Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Groundhog Friday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-02 6:19 AM
Today's for Gregg. : pbbt:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-02-02 6:31 AM
~It's finally here!!!!! :grin:

~I'm sick of being so god damn fat. I need to lose 1.5 lbs every week between now and Christmas in July. (2 would be better)

~Damnit, Phil saw his shadow

~Time to really start working hard to get the rest of our sponsors for our race. Be nice to not have to spend 500 bucks on groceries
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-02 6:37 AM
How'd the doctor appointment go?

I'd think you could get sponsors to cover all the food. Walmart will do a $25 gift card. Just go to the service desk and fill out a simple form. It's not much but it's easy. Anything larger you have to go thru their on line grant program. Casey's is good about a few cases of water. Grocery stores will usually do a number of different things and Hiland has been good to provide small containers of milk, juice and yogurt.

Are you putting sponsors names on the shirts? What are your donation amounts?
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-02-02 6:42 AM
I go to the Dr after I get off the air. Bunch of blood tests is all.

Right now we have Orange Mud and Squirrel's Nut Butter as your "standard ultrarunner " sponsors.
One local grocery store is manged by an alum and her kids went to LB too. I even gave her son a job here at the station. I'm hoping they just cover all of the bananas, pbj, chips, candy, etc.
And a kid I coached for 4 years who is now running in college, his grandparents own Little Ceasars Pizza. I'm assuming they'll hook us up with a bunch of pies late Sat night :grin:
Big thing is sport drink. I've asked all the biggies but haven't heard anything back I'd hate to have to buy that.

We had planned on putting sponsors names on our shirt, yeah.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-02-02 6:42 AM
I have a really hard time with long range diet goals.  I do better if I frame it smaller, like I'm not going to snack after dinner this week.  Or if I'm really struggling, I'm going to eat well today.  Then I try and let the days start to add up and the momentum starts to help.  Because I'm pretty sure I can't do 25 weeks of something, but I'm equally pretty sure that I can do it today.  :hug:  Kind of like running light pole to light pole I guess.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-02-02 6:45 AM
:hug:

I haven't been able to run as much as I want so I'm getting fatter. And now it's getting to the point that I CAN'T run as much BECAUSE I'm so fat. :mutmad::mutmad::mutmad:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-02-02 6:55 AM
I hate that it's keeping you from doing what you want.  Time to break the cycle.  :hug:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-02-02 7:58 AM
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-02 7:56 AM
I'm right there with ya on being fat and needing to lose weight. I am fast approaching like 8 month pregnant weight if I don't watch it
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-02-02 7:58 AM
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-02 8:06 AM
:hug: Yeah, me too:cry:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-02 6:34 AM
--Iowa has two more days left in his work week and has already clocked 73.25 hours. :shocker!: Harvest season.  He'll hit 100.

--The news said the groundhog is only right 39% of the time. :laugh:

--Feeling the Jillian workout yesterday. Mostly in my abs. Guess that is good.

--I need a serious trip to the grocery store. Probably just go to Aldi's tomorrow and stock up.

--I booked airline tickets to Pensacola for the middle of May. Trying to schedule everything around Iowa getting all the corn planted, the garden, and my mom being around to take care of the dogs. Our window of opportunity was kind of slim. Four nights, 3 1/2 days. Just a quick getaway.

--Last year they had a 10% off special on house plans for Valentine's Day. Maybe they'll do that again this year. We need to order them soon and it would be nice to be able to save a little if possible. We are going to make a couple of changes but I don't know if it's necessary to pay extra to have those adjusted on the plans. I'm sure the bathroom change isn't but the breezeway addition maybe.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-02 6:44 AM
Poor Iowa:shocker!:

Pensacola is nice:cool:

A Valentine's Day special on house plans!:laugh: Cool! Take advantage:cool:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-02-02 6:56 AM
That's great about the getaway.  :cool:  Sounds like Iowa will really need one!
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-02-02 6:57 AM
Can't believe you make that poor guy work that hard, damn! :mutmad:
:evil:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-02 7:28 AM
:laugh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-02 7:56 AM
100 hour week :shocker!::shocker!:

Your FL trip sounds great

Can you pick me up some stuff at Aldi. B needs some of his snacks :laugh:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-02 6:38 AM
This is one time where television really fails to capture the true excitement of a large squirrel predicting the weather.

There is no way that this winter is *ever* going to end as long as this groundhog keeps seeing his shadow. I don't see any other way out. He's got to be stopped. And I have to stop him.

How I am going to feel if General Lee sees his shadow this morning:mutmad:

Need coffee:meh:

Finally Friday. Slow week. Seriously bored at work. At least my weeks vary.

Baseball starts tomorrow. Tj has skills testing.

Ripley is getting her first goalie lesson after her soccer practice tomorrow. :cool:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-02 6:40 AM
I've never thought of a groundhog as a large squirrel. That explains Gregg's fascination with it. Larger nuts. :laugh::mischief:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-02-02 6:44 AM
:mutmad::mutmad::mutmad:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-02 6:44 AM
:laugh::laugh:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-02-02 6:44 AM
What a great freaking movie
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-02-02 6:58 AM
LOVE that movie!  :grin:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-02 7:57 AM
Feb and sports picking back up, yuck. Well good for the kids but blah for scheduling I'm sure

hope you've had your coffee (or two) by now
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-02 8:07 AM
I have and it was awesome. I was just considering a second. And speaking of being fat I had a doughnut for breakfast left over from yesterday's office box. :blush:

I'm excited about soccer starting up. And tbh, a little about baseball.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-02 9:14 AM
I also had a leftover donut at work :laugh:  And a sea salt chocolate caramel
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-02 10:11 AM
I just ate the last leftover donut. It was yummy. I'm carb-loading for my outside run tonight:cool:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-02 6:46 AM
An ultramarathon, also called ultra distance or ultra running, is any footrace longer than the traditional marathon length of 42.195 kilometres (26.219 mi).

So, if I run just a little over 13.1 can I be a HalfUltra Runner?:wtf::cool::cool:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-02-02 6:58 AM
:laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-02 6:50 AM
Dammit - Beau saw his shadow. :mutmad::cry:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-02-02 6:54 AM
*Today I get to go to neighboring town an hour away for emergency flute repairs.  The day before the big solo competition.  Because of course it breaks this week.  I'm just glad I'm off and we found someone who can fix it.

*Anthony got a job when he graduates.  In Nashville.  I knew he wanted to stay there.  I know he wouldn't be happy here. But I hate that he'll be so far away.  He's done living home. That hit me very hard. 

*I'm proud of the way he was proactive with the job search.  His job had 420 apply, they interviewed 40 and hired 3.  

*Walk the Moon was an amazing concert.  I want to see more up and coming bands.  They seem to be more passionate, more humble, more appreciative.  And way less expensive.  :laugh:  We were definitely among the oldest people there.  And it was general admission, but the youth were fine.  It never got shovey or aggressive and we were probably about half way back. 

*Tomorrow is our church's Mardis Gras dinner.  This will be the first year without the accompanying carnival on Sunday.  It should make for a much easier weekend with it only being one day.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-02-02 6:59 AM
Sorry Anthony is going to be so far away :sad::hug:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-02 7:03 AM
That's awesome he got a job. No offense, but I think I'd choose Nashville over northern Indiana too. :blush:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-02 7:33 AM
Emergency flute repairs.......I see my future right there....:laugh: What a good mom you are. So glad you found someone who can repair it.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-02 7:58 AM
The school isn't any help on instrument repair?

That is bittersweet about Anthony. Great that he has a job lined up and he likes Nashville and wants to stay but tough for you I'm sure. Maybe someday he'll decide to go to Chicago or somewhere closer to home :hug:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-02-02 9:47 AM
Our band directors could probably handle basic repairs on most brass instruments but for whatever reason they aren’t as proficient with flutes.
Parent - - By elmtree Date 2018-02-02 10:16 AM
Lots of fidgety little pieces - easier to screw up one small thing leading to a much larger repair.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-02-02 12:31 PM
I got to watch her make the repairs. It was so cool!  After watching her with her tiny tools and magnifying glasses I can see why they don’t want to touch the flute. :laugh:  She hand cut the cork and leveled the pads. She took everything apart.  He had a lot of small issues with his flute (no maintenance in 2 years :blush:).  It really was fascinating to watch.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-02 7:54 AM
Thank goodness it isn't like the movie because I'm not sure I want to repeat this morning. Let's just say I could smell B from the middle of the living room when he was in his crib and it turns out he threw up around 3:30 am and rolled in it until 6:30 when I discovered it and got him up.

Definitely happy to be at work :laugh:

Surprisingly even with that delay I got to work just after 7:30 which is early. Woohoo

Makes up for yesterday's long lunch with a friend and leaving early to pick up B's slide/play set

Need to clean up the playset a bit but I think B will like it. It's basically just a little tower and a slide, nothing fancy but hey it was $15! Maybe he can try it out this weekend even though it is going to be cold

I'm liking my iced coffee at work a little too much

day 3 of a migraine. It's being a pretty mild one but still annoying. It started after my Tuesday chiro appt. I felt a little sore after and then I think the way I laid on the couch hurt my neck and sort of triggered the headache and it just got worse from there.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-02-02 7:59 AM
Oh no!!!! Poor B
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-02 8:09 AM
Yikes! Poor baby!

So sorry about the migraine. That really makes life miserable. Have you tried a can of coke? I swear coke and motrin work for me better than anything else.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-02 9:15 AM
I have migraine pills that I can take. I took one yesterday because it was so bad, hoping it make it through today without. I do have a Coke Zero here, not sure if it works the same.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-02 10:12 AM
I think it is the caffeine that finally does the trick. But coke zero has other fake sugar substitutes that I think contribute to migraines:sad:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-02-02 9:48 AM
What an awful way to wake up!  For both of you. :cry:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-02-02 9:50 AM
Oh and we had a parental agreement that puke was always a 2 parent job if both were home. He could choose the mess or the kid but he had to help. :laugh:  No pretending to keep sleeping. :roll:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-02 10:12 AM
Good agreement to have! :laugh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-02 10:26 AM
:laugh: yea fortunately M works from home on Fridays so he was there and already working upstairs. When I noticed the smell I was like B either threw up or has a blowout so you have to help me because I can't do it on my own. Fortunately B wasn't super covered so I could feed him (to make him happy) while M grabbed the bedding and then got a bath going. Had I been alone I probably would have ended up working from home so I could get the mess cleaned up after taking him to daycare.

I told him meatballs were off the menu for a while :laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-02 11:36 AM
:laugh::laugh:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-02-02 12:33 PM
We went through a spell where spaghetti was off the menu for the same reason. :cry:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-02 1:21 PM
and now my boss just came in with french eclairs from the french pastryhouse off the square. YUM! CHOCOLATE!
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-02 1:47 PM
yumm
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Groundhog Friday RTTs