Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Freeeeezing Friday dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2018-02-02 5:48 AM
Of to classes this morning.
Post.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-02-02 5:49 AM
Thursday I got restless being inside so I went down to the park. The park had been well scraped so I got in 40 minutes of running. In the afternoon DC and I headed down to the library and put in 3 hours of volunteer work.
Today I may do a short run on the TM at the college. I’m glad to have yoga class and some meditation time as well. It’s dreadfully cold right now.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-02-02 10:28 AM
I always giggle at the image of the park being scraped. I presume they use construction type equipment to scrape the paths, but I have visions of somebody with a wallpaper scraper.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-02-02 4:21 PM
:laugh:
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-02-02 5:28 PM
:laugh:
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-02-02 5:28 PM
It's nice that they make the path safe to run on.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-02-02 10:23 AM
After a generally cloudy week, we are back to clear sunshine. Now the question is what to do with this fine day. Outside run, or gym? Maybe both?

This past week or so has taken a real toll on me, physically. I am tired on a certain level, but also could stand to get some exercise.

The family crap has been *so* nasty. I am really happy T-bone has had my back, and that he finally got to see the way my family interacts. He is a long-time friend of Twinzilla's, and has known my mom for a while, and he has been careful to stay neutral when Twinzilla and I have spatted, which is probably smart policy. : pbbt: Our friend, Tannis, has been my de facto "mom" for decades, and she has known Twinzilla and me for decades, and loves us each, and she has also followed the "stay neutral while the twins spat" policy for many years. However, both T-bone and Tannis, after experiencing the family nastiness, looked at me this week and said "Everything you have told us about how they act toward you...? It was exactly what you described." :shocker!::cry:

It was both painful and a relief after so many years of being invalidated and gas-lit by those two to FINALLY have someone with an outside perspective look at the interactions and validate that I am NOT crazy, and NOT the problem. My family has pretty much put me in the "scapegoat" role of the family, and it is not my "imagination", or me being "overly sensitive", or needing to go on meds because clearly I have a psychiatric problem (which I do, but see, according to my family, I don't REALLY have PTSD, but I *am* crazy, in some other psychopathic way that makes me inexplicably angry with them, and terribly sensitive, but it is all in my head. :roll:) that makes me feel nutso around them: it is how they treat me.

The current shi*tstorm, I confess, is one that I provoked. But I provoked it by saying I wouldn't put up with their crap anymore and would not stand for them isolating me from my son. And OMG, the sky fell in.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-02-02 10:27 AM
There's a big difference between assertive behavior and provocative behavior. Pity your family mistakes one for the other.

Very glad you have people you love and trust who can validate your feelings.

Hope you get outside for some sun and fresh air. That helps a lot.
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-02-02 10:36 AM
Yes, it does. Thank goodness.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-02-02 5:18 PM
I am  sending you a big hug. I'm glad you have support and validation for the way you have been treated. It is terrible when family hurts you. T Bone is your family now though and hopefully one day DS will come around.:hug:
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-02-02 8:14 PM Edited 2018-02-02 8:19 PM
Thank you. Yes. :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

ETA: Did three miles on the TM today in 30:23. Not a speed record, but a pretty good run.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-02-02 5:27 PM
Nothing for me. I had the chills and a headache last night. Took the day off thinking I might have the start of the flu because I have felt old, but realized I don't. I was diagnosed with a UTI on Tuesday night and I think the meds are causing me to feel icky. I had to see my urologist because I need my kidney stones blasted again, and had no idea I had a UTI. I went to my gp to make sure it's not turning into a kidney infection, but it isn't. Apparently my back pain is just back pain  and not kidney pain.:laugh: I'm thinking all my aches are just part of life ans due to cutting out Celebrex. My kidney blood work has been off for a while and they both are smaller now, so I was worried. On the bright side, I got to nap since I slept poorly. Anyway, hoping to ride on my bike tomorrow morning. I have work in the morning with 3 chlldren. It seems like I will be working on Saturdays for a while. My schedule keeps getting busier and families cancel me during the week. Since DH is out of work, I make up the sessions on Saturdays. DH's knee surgery went well yesterday and he seems ok.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-02-02 9:30 PM
Ugh on the UTI. It's been a while but I remember how nasty they are -- and how insidious, you don't always know you have one.

3 children tomorrow? Sorry you are losing your Saturdays, but you are making a big difference in these children's lives, I think.
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-02-02 10:25 AM
Plans tomorrow: FE/trail run in the morning, one of the women from runningahead.com is in town for a wedding tomorrow afternoon and I am picking her up to go run a trail near Pasadena.

Did 3.5 this morning. RN had to go to work early so she did not run. She was invited tomorrow but can't make it, she and her DH are at an aid station at a trail 50 (Sean O'Brien) on the other side of the county.

Busy weekend planned again -- FE/run, tangerine pick, new neighbors are coming by to meet us tomorrow evening (we left cookies and a welcoming note on their doorstep), WW, church. No interest in the Stupid Bowl.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-02-02 10:37 AM
Tangerine pick? :grin:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-02-02 11:58 AM
Second in two weeks. Last week's was last minute, supposed to be solo but then DD decided to come along. Good thing too. The homeowner had advised he had a tangerine tree. So he did. Loaded down. He also had a blood orange, a Valencia orange, and a lemon.

The problem with tangerines is you can't pick them with pickers. The skin rips too easily. I wound up borrowing the homeowner's 8' ladder and using clippers to get as many as possible in the time I had before the light went. We still left about 70% of the fruit on the tree. DD took the blood orange and got a lot of those off, you can use a picker on those. I recommended that next winter this property have at least 7-8 people to pick it, including 2-3 with tall orchard ladders and harvest bags and clippers. And it would probably be better if those people are over 5 feet tall.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-02-02 3:47 PM
Texted you a photo of the tangerine tree from last week,. You can see how tall that sucker is -- and none of those can be picked with the picker I'm holding, they need to be clipped off individually.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-02-02 5:30 PM
I have no interest in the Super Bowl either. The FE should be fun! I'm assuming you donate the tangerines.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-02-02 9:37 PM
Yes, I'm picking for an organization called Food Forward. People register their back yard trees with the organization, pick leaders choose an address and give a time and day they want to do a pick, and the organization recruits volunteers. We pick the fruit and it goes to the food pantry. Everybody wins: the homeowner (fruit is off the tree and they get a tax deduction), the food pantry which gets fresh fruit, the volunteers who get some time out in the fresh air (good for me), even the tree benefits because the ripe fruit is picked. I really enjoy volunteering with this organization. I hate waste and this means fruit doesn't get wasted.

Last week it was 120 pounds of tangerines and blood oranges. That's about 500 servings of fruit. Think of 500 sticky little kids. :grin: Much better than 500 little kids in need of a snack.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Freeeeezing Friday dailies