Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thankful Thursday, 1 Feb 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-02-01 7:07 AM
So thankful we are back up!

Now post away...anything you want to post about or even a rant.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-02-01 9:50 AM
Thanks for the daily!    Cold and sunny in beautiful NW Illinois.:happy:  Just another day in almost-paradise; dog walking, coffee, yoga.  Pretty much in that order. 

I completed the 30 day yoga challenge and am going to challenge myself to another month.  Yesterday was a medium difficult 3 mile run and then I did 30 minutes of yoga afterwards.  I had that wonderful wet noodle feeling the remainder of the day.  I need to do a little extra bicep and triceps work today too; summer will be here one of these days and I want good-looking arms.:grin:

Finishing the book "Oxygen" today and getting started on "When Breath Becomes Air".  So far I recommend both tho maybe I should consider why I was drawn to such similar titles.
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2018-02-01 12:29 PM
Howdy ladies.

I ran 5.05 miles this morning.

I  got me another mentor kid :happy: a girl this time. she comes with a few challenges. I hope I can help.

it's dreary here today. cold and gray. I long for summer.

I picked up Slammerkin today by Emma Donohough. I've read her work before. I'm in a rut so I hope an author that I enjoy gets me out of it.

My best friend forgot my birthday. she didn't forget to take selfies. I feel like I don't matter.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-02-01 12:47 PM
Slammerkin is on my 'to read' list.  I ordered it at the library months ago, still waiting.  Hope you like it.

You matter to your mentor kid.:hug:
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2018-02-01 2:42 PM
maybe maybe not. we only met for the first time today. :hug:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-02-01 3:35 PM
I need to look up that book.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-02-01 3:31 PM
Birthday greetings to you!   You are special!

“You is kind. You is smart. You is important.”

― Kathryn Stockett, The Help
Parent - By ironjen Date 2018-02-02 7:45 AM
I'm sure she didn't mean to forget, but her life is kind of a shitshow right now :sad: You DO matter. To all of us! Happy Belated birthday K!
Parent - By DottieO Date 2018-02-02 10:03 AM
Happy Birthday! We have a lot of Masters here born in Jan and Feb. :cool:
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-02-01 2:22 PM
Cold and rainy afternoon.  It was clear skies for my 8 mile run this morning.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-02-01 2:38 PM
I'm in prison/office today. In an effort to cut some calories out of my diet, I've cut back on beer. But by 3:30 when I'm here all I can think about is having a beer in my lazy boy.
Parent - By rungear [us] Date 2018-02-01 3:29 PM
Hello Masters, 5.2 miles PW today with 2 short hills, and I felt oh so good.   I need to keep it going and up my distance to 6-8 mile with a goal of doing ~13.5 minutes per mile!

Time will tell.   And, I truly want to do it!   C Ya later.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-02-01 3:35 PM
Well I have just finished my workout video and have done my 60 second plank and 4 pushups!

I have my Bible study class tonight and next week is our last class. 

My husband is out playing golf in sunny 71 degree weather.   He is having cataract surgery on Monday and having laser surgery to correct the astigmatism in his left eye.  Of course that part is not covered by insurance.  He was quoted one price and today the doctor called and said he had quoted the wrong price.  The surgery will be an additional $825.  Anyhow, such is life.

Enjoy your afternoon.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thankful Thursday, 1 Feb 2018