Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Thrilling Thursday (Dailies)
- - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-02-01 6:58 AM
I was really little weirded out when the forum was down for so long.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-02-01 7:09 AM
Last night 5.4 I ran with the Wednesday group. They ran from a place close to home.  Stayed afterward and talked. 

Over the weekend I ran in an underground 10K called the Groundhog run (affectionately dubbed GHR).  It was in an underground business park. It wasn't particularly warm (about 65) but the air was very dry. I managed to get 2nd in my AG which snagged me a custom jacket (it's supposedly in the mail).  It's a pretty big race so it's nice to win something. The dry air presented a challenge even though I hydrated. My mouth felt dry the entire race and I had a nasty headache and dehydrated feeling for about 24 hours afterwards. 

Today is an SDO.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-02-01 7:59 AM
Great runs for you and 2nd in AG! That must be a really BIG underground business park. How is the course set up?
Oh, our gym is really dry so I keep half a stick of gum stuck to my teeth and that helps to combat it so I don't have the sore throat I normally would get as a result. It keeps the saliva going but would not cover whole body dehydration.
I'm eager to hear how the jacket turns out. :happy:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-02-01 2:10 PM
It is an underground office park and the "road" goes around just like at an above ground office park. Unfortunately it's 2 loops for the 10K and I felt kind of lost, you basically just run until you see an arrow saying 2nd loop finish. Fortunately. There are mile markers, but Garmins do not work underground so ypu have rely on a timer to pace yourself.
Parent - By spccer6 [us] Date 2018-02-01 8:18 AM
WOOT on the AG award!!!
Parent - - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2018-02-01 1:42 PM
Ha, I thought you meant underground like non-official at first!
Great job!
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-02-01 2:12 PM
No, nothing that mysterious. It's a pretty traditional old school race other than being in a subtropilous.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-02-01 7:52 AM
So was I! It was like the door was locked and we couldn't get in. :sad:
Wednesday I ran 45 minutes. DC and I went to the gym. He also may start using the fitness studio at the college when we go there tomorrow. 
Today DC and I do a few hours of volunteer work.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-02-01 2:13 PM
I wasn't sure what had happened either. Glad we all found our way back.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-02-01 7:54 AM
I ran a pretty good 5.2 this morning.  I have been running even when the forum was not. : pbbt:  I have otherwise been staying quite busy, but at least I've had some decent running weather.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-02-01 8:01 AM
Good work on the 5.2 miler! Great that your running weather has been decent. :happy:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-02-01 2:13 PM
You gotta keep going. It still counts.
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2018-02-01 8:17 AM
27 real push ups!!!  3 wimpy push ups because arms were dead after rows and other push ups.  I'm still not sure it really happened.  They weren't necessarily pretty but David (my trainer) says they were real, I went down far enough, etc. 

I've been doing really good working out with him and then doing 30 minutes of cardio right after.  Today I skipped cardio; I'm feeling "off" - don't feel sick, nothin hurts, just off.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-02-01 4:22 PM
I think sometimes all we need is someone to convince us to try.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-02-01 4:53 PM
Great workout! It's good to listen to your body. :happy:
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-02-01 11:53 AM
35 min swim before work.  Just nice and easy.  I have realized that adding some backstroke in gives me better muscle balance, and less soreness after. So I've started throwing in 100 back every 400 or so.  Seems to help.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-02-01 4:22 PM
I have a terrible sense of direction which is evident every time I try to do the backstroke.: pbbt:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-02-01 4:55 PM
Great swim! I've noticed that rotations of the shoulder seem to feel much stronger when I do them both directions. I use them to get all the applesauce down to the neck of the jar. :laugh:
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-02-01 5:16 PM
Ran a couple miles on hills yesterday with Niall, then walked another mile to catch up with his wife, and my friend, Tannis, who were walking while we ran.

Tannis is here visiting this week. Things went nuclear with my mom and sisters, and she is out here for moral support. It has been very ugly, and very distressing. The only good part is that they are not succeeding in keeping me separated from my son. Despite Twinzilla and XH's conspiring to keep him out of contact with me, Ratbag is back in contact with us. He is still not really happy with me, which is fine, but at least he is comfortable talking with T-bone directly.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-02-01 5:41 PM
I am sorry about the blowup with your family. Glad that Ratbag and T-bone are comfortable talking, though. I think you and Ratbag will reach an adult rapport in time.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-02-01 6:51 PM
I hope things are on the way to getting better. :hug:
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-02-01 1:41 PM
2.4 miles this morning. I got out later than I wanted, but at least got somewhat of a run in. Big bright moon with no shadow of the earth in sight. It amazes me that the shadow of the earth can blot out the moon so often.

And I got back home in time to get ready for work and make the bus. Thursday is the worst traffic day.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-02-01 4:24 PM
You obviously get out there a lot earlier than I do even when you leave later.  I will have to check out the moon when I go early to the gym tomorrow.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-02-01 5:42 PM
4 AM or just after. Yesterday was an anomaly due to the eclipse -- left at 3:30.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-02-01 4:57 PM
Great work on the 2.4 miler. :grin: Interesting about Thursday being the worst traffic day.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-02-01 5:43 PM
Most everyone is in the office on Thursday, because so many people either WFH on Friday or are on 9/80 schedules (work 80 hours over 9 days, get the 10th day off) and so don't work every other Friday. It's easily the lightest day coming in.

I have a colleague who works from home Monday and Thursday because those are the worst traffic days.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Thrilling Thursday (Dailies)