Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Thumping right along Thursday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-01 6:32 AM
Glad this week is nearing its end.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-01 6:51 AM
--This has been one of my busier weeks since all of my problems started. I can tell. :meh:

--Finally got a bill, exactly FOUR months later, from when I went to that first idiot orthopedic guy. It’s going to sit on my desk for 4 months before I send them any money. :mutmad:

--Got a Thank You card from my visit with the hand surgeon thanking me for choosing their network and that specific clinic. Night and day from the above network. :roll:

--My nephew has a basketball game tonight. Doubtful I’ll get done with work in time to make it. :sad: Last game was so good. They were down by as much as 10 points in the second quarter, 8 at half time. Came back and tied it up in the last seconds despite the refs giving the ball to the other team on the possession arrow three times in a row. :wtf: Played three OT’s with our team scoring a winning basket in the last second. :cool: It was a team they weren’t expected to beat. :grin:

--My toe/toenail is not quite right after having lost that last toenail. :roll: I’m sure a pedicure would help but I’m kind of embarrassed to even go.

--Bella, the neighbor dog, was sitting on her porch when I pulled onto the road into our subdivision. As soon as she saw me she took off running alongside my car all the way to our place. :happy: I think she gets kind of bored at her house. She and Sarge are buddies. She and Meadow not so much. : pbbt: Although, if Bella isn’t with her owners, on a leash, they aren’t too bad together.

--I got a box of honeybells and a box of pears from Harry and David. My host sister had sent me a gift card last year and I’ve split it up over a couple of orders. That’s a lot of fruit. The pears were a bit on the riper side than the last order we got so we’re having to eat those pretty quickly.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-02-01 6:56 AM
Our school has had some issues with parents because of horrible refs. One kid got his head split open and required stitches and another had a tooth broken out. No fouls called on either.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-01 8:29 AM
You got a thank you card from a doctor????? :shocker!: He is a keeper.

Get some rest for that hand:hug:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-01 9:18 AM
The entire office/nursing staff signed the card. It was actually quite personable. I thought it was a nice gesture. Part of it could be the fact that Mercy recently signed a contract with United Health Care so we now have the option of using either one of the major networks around here. Most people insured by United Health Care use the other network because they’re established with them and in the past United Health Care was exclusively Cox network. For me, I was with Mercy before getting married and then had to start converting over (hence, all the dumb ass doctors I’ve encountered) and now I’m able to go back to what I previously had. Pure relief.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-01 9:21 AM
:happy:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-01 8:38 AM
Of course you know they will send it to collections if it is late for payment

Hope you can make it to the game. Sounds like some creative reffing like the Patriots get haha
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-01 9:14 AM
If it goes to collections maybe I should set up a payment plan with them for $1/month. Bastards. :evil:

I know nothing about the NFL and reffing so can’t comment there. It’s unlikely I’ll even tune in to the Super Bowl. Probably should plan a run during that time because all the idiots will be glued to a TV instead of driving the streets. : pbbt:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-01 10:13 AM
there are always conspiracy folks saying that the refs make it so the Patriots win with calls in their favor.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-01 10:32 AM
Freakin' cheaters!:mutmad:

Meh, not so sure I believe that. And I'm starting to give the Pats a bit of respect despite my long history of hating them. :blush:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-02-01 7:00 AM
~Draggin' ass today

~Only 40 spots left in the Christmas in July race.

~We are also putting together a fundraiser for the track team. An all-comers track meet on a Saturday evening.

~Feel like I"m just constantly "this close" to getting sick

~Dr. appt tomorrow :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

~I freaking HATE Drs. You think Chiropractors are scam artists? Drs are a brazillion times worse.

~Kiss and Commodores mashup: Cool as shit
https://youtu.be/S5s3QSrRsQ4

~I really wanna buy one of Elon Musks $500 flamethrowers :laugh:

~Groundhog Day tomorrow!!!!! My favorite holiday ever. :hug:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-01 7:11 AM
Dr. appt for the anal gland? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

You should do that Groundhog Day marathon in Minnesota or Michigan or wherever it is that they have 4 feet of snow. : pbbt:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-02-01 7:14 AM
Blood tests :meh::meh::meh:

Eff that. I hate snow anymore. I"m getting old and cranky
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-01 9:14 AM
Good luck at the doc.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-01 10:13 AM
getting old and cranky? : pbbt::laugh:
:shocker!:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-02-02 3:16 AM
:mutmad::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-01 8:33 AM
Do you take vitamins or supplements? If you do, do you think they work?

Get some rest or eat some oranges.....I hope it blows over.

Have fun at the doc:mischief:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-01 10:14 AM
How many people have registered so far? I suppose that's an algebra problem.  X - Y = 40

Im not sure I want to know about the flamethrower
X = 50
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-01 9:03 AM
Blooodwork this morning for thyroid, A1C (whatever that is) and something else....whatever. It was free at least.

Remember that follow up mammogram I was supposed to do last August? Yeah, time to do it. Not the regular one either, which is free:roll: Diagnostic:roll: Wonder how much that'll cost me. The last one cost me about $700 when all was said and paid.

Starting to feel like a runner again. Did 30s/1.5m x 15 on the elliptical last night. By the end it was feeling good:grin: I was maintaining my 30s speed for my 1.5m so I had to push the last few 30s speed even faster.  And my heel isn't hurting. The least amount of pain I've felt since I took the boot off in December:cool:

Going to aim for another outdoor run tomorrow to see how that feels in my foot. But yeah, starting to feel like a runner:cool::grin:

8 days until I go see my best friend in Mobile.:grin: Horrible divorce going on. :mutmad:
113 days until SGI:cool::cool:
169 days until I embarrass myself running around a track. Ten bucks says when I decide to quit I don't even finish the lap, I just cut across the track:blush::laugh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-01 9:23 AM
Isn’t A1C a test for diabetes? I think it was around $700 what i had to pay for a diagnostic mammogram when I didn’t have insurance. I’d still recommend contacting the Breast Cancer Foundation. They have funds set aside to help with that if you’re not covered by your insurance or don’t have any.

Good job on the running. :cool:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-01 10:15 AM
A1C is blood sugar testing, although it is often part of a standard annual panel for biometric screenings.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-01 10:33 AM
I have PCOS which makes blood sugar a thing and pre-diabetes more likely:roll: I've never had high blood sugar so I'm not concerned about it.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-01 10:16 AM
yea for feeling like a runner!

Is this the friend you watched her kids or something before due to said marital issues?
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-01 10:37 AM
Yes. He hasn't left the house and is doing everything he can to alienate the kids from their mom. She hasn't wanted visitors because of the stress and tension for the kids but her lawyer says it is time to make him uncomfortable because she basically gives in to him to avoid kid stress. So I'm visiting as often as I can. Plus the more visitors, the more witnesses to his behavior.:mischief:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Thumping right along Thursday RTTs