Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Wednesday Dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2018-01-31 9:54 AM
We're back! Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!
Post  :grin:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-01-31 9:56 AM
Tuesday the snow was only about 2 inches and was plowed decently so we went to the gym. I got in 50 running minutes. This past week I’ve done as much running outside (including the Evil Hill) as possible when temps rise.
Today DC and I plan to go to the gym. I’ll run. Lighter, easier run today.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-01-31 11:20 AM
Heyyyyy.
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-01-31 10:36 AM
YAY! It's been ages!

5.6 this morning to see the eclipse. I went out to the east, leaving earlier than usual because I couldn't sleep -- I was too worried I was going to sleep through it. So headed out at 3:30, ran east, then turned and came back westbound as the shadow blocked out the moon. When I left there was a full moon. When I got back there was just the tiniest sliver of silver at the bottom of a red moon. Awe inspiring.

Have been running most days except Sunday, took a well earned rest day.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-01-31 10:43 AM
Great work on the 5.6 miler! I'm so glad someone gets to see the moon. Ginny and I don't think there is one any more. :laugh::cry:
Parent - - By moonglow9 Date 2018-01-31 11:06 AM
It was beautiful here. Light enough to light the entire back garden, and glowing a brilliant silver. Not many tinges of red were visible, but what I did see looked like the streaks in the sky at sunrise/sunset (they tend towards the reds in this area) but of course at night. The red deepened and turned crimson, looking like they swirled with the underlying silver.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-01-31 12:08 PM
I think it had set before the "blood moon" became fully coloured in your area. You're a lot further east than we are. The PNW probably got the best view if there were no clouds, since the eclipse was progressing further west.
Parent - By moonglow9 Date 2018-01-31 1:51 PM
Ah, this would make sense...
Up Topic Communities / Women / Wednesday Dailies