Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / We're back on Wednesday RTTs
- - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-31 9:28 AM
:cool:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-31 10:04 AM
Working from home today. Have an appt and it just seemed silly to drive back and forth.

Watching a Hallmark movie I DVRd with Dean Cain in it. I see him on the Today show sometimes and I used to think he was so attractive but he plumped out and definitely shows some age.  Then again so have I hahaha

Put a can of diet coke in the freezer to make it cold quickly. Left it a bit too long and some ice formed inside, so i had it sitting on the coffee table thinking it would thaw. I kept hearing a hissing sound but figured it was just part of the melting process.  Looked over and a big puddle was starting to form. Good thing I caught it before it hit the carpet

Ran to the grocery after daycare drop off and gave the guy in front of me a coupon for $10 off $50 since I wasn't spending that much. The cashier then gave me $5 off since I gave him that coupon. Thought that was pretty cool

Finally didn't wake up at 3am, woohoo
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-31 10:19 AM
Dang, nice of the cashier. I wonder if she had any authority to do that? It’s not like mark up on groceries is all that much.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-31 10:39 AM
probably did it the same as if someone was questioning a price and you finally just give in and give them the discount bc it would take the cashier too long to get someone to check on it.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-31 10:31 AM
Ran to the grocery after daycare drop off and gave the guy in front of me a coupon for $10 off $50 since I wasn't spending that much. The cashier then gave me $5 off since I gave him that coupon. Thought that was pretty cool

Oh sure, you will run there but can't come to Missouri?????:wtf::wink::wink::hug::hug:

How are M and B doing? And M and you, of course:hug:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-31 10:38 AM
: pbbt: certainly no actual running on my part. A waddle perhaps
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-31 11:56 AM
What’s wrong with waddling? It’s all I do these days. :blush:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-31 10:07 AM
--AHA!! We’re back. Something to occupy our time while we’re on the employer’s dime. : pbbt: Well, except for those of us who are self- employed. :meh:

--Krystal brought in a cabinet, the W/D and some odds and ends of stuff yesterday. Waiting to hear back from the MPLEX or whatever it is now about a testing date. You’d think she could just go to a testing site and take the test at her convenience. Once she takes that, and passes, she has to wait on the State of Missouri to get the license out. :roll:

--I had a state inspector walk in, unannounced, at the same time I had a client walking in. I wasn’t overly friendly and told her she needed to call and set up a time to arrange an inspection. She responded that they don’t normally do that. I told her they do do that with me because I don’t inconvenience my clients with the State. She told me it would only take a few seconds. I told her she had a few seconds so make it quick. :mutmad: It was literally a 60 second inspection. :laugh: Next time she isn’t even getting 60 seconds unless she calls. They piss me off so bad.

--Thumb is 80% better. It really doesn’t hurt much but it’s still clicking/snapping a little when I bend it. I think another injection would be my ticket but I’m not sure I want to spend another $211 out of pocket. :cry:

--Meadow’s DNA results came back. 25% Bulldog (standard), 12.5% Boxer, 12.5% Golden Retriever, 12.5% Lab, 12.5% Pug :laugh::laugh: and 25% mix of the Terrier, Companion, Asian and Middle East/African breeds. :grin: I love mutts!

--My client has been sitting outside in her vehicle for the past 20 minutes. :roll: Taking a nap?

--I ended up applying for the job with the University of Missouri. I got a reply back that I met all of the qualifications and my application was forwarded to the hiring manager. We shall see. Benefits are ridiculous. $58/month for health/dental/vision and the coverage is better than what I currently have. :shocker!::cool: That would save me a minimum of $2300/year. Plus, they will contribute some to an HSA. Less than 5 years employment you get 17 days vacation, 12 sick days and 8 paid holidays. Shit, that is like 6 weeks paid off right there! Then there is retirement. Being that this is a state funded position and it would be working a lot with low income programs the job security should be extremely good. Job description sounded easy cheesey. Too good to be true.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-31 10:34 AM
:laugh::laugh: It is good for my morale so it is good for my employer:laugh:

Good job with the inspector!

Glad to hear the improvement in the thumb. Maybe more time? Would exercises help now that it is better than before?

Good luck with the job:hug:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-31 11:58 AM
I am doing a stretch that is recommended for it. Rest is the best but that’s hard to do. Doing pretty good at using it as little as possible when doing massage. Just have to adapt some things a little.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-31 10:42 AM
Is Krystal doing work until she gets licensed? I thought you said they didn't actually have to be licensed?

I hope something good comes from the job application. There would be a big change going from working for yourself to working for someone else but there are perks (like paid time off and cheaper benefits) that can certainly help.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-31 12:13 PM
She actually does have to have her license before she can work. Not that anyone cares. :roll: The State and other entities getting their hands in our pockets and taking away from our earnings are the only ones who care.

From my experience employment is much easier than self-employment. Less work anyway.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-31 1:35 PM
very true, I can piss away a day and still get paid. although on other days I more than earn my keep so I feel like it balances out
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-31 1:48 PM
Yea, I piss away a day and that equates to no money. :meh:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-31 10:29 AM
Dude, when logging in I was thinking Hallelujah and that is what I typed to log in:laugh::laugh:

YAYAYAYAY!

So.....I better come up with something interesting to say.....................................................................................uh oh. : pbbt:

Really want to go see the upcoming movie Unsane. It comes out in march. The preview looks great! And QEII (Claire Foy) is the star of the film.

Ran last Friday. Ran Monday. Doing well with the running.

My foot pain I've decided is AT and not PF. Which makes me feel so much better. Either way I know what to do, but I thought the PF was going to be chronic and that isn't what is happening. :grin:

After stretching, my AT is great today, just a tiny twinge in the heel.

Excited about July and heading up to Missouri!:cool:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-31 10:43 AM
I haven't heard of Unsane

Well if it is AT we have a forum expert on what happens if it goes on too long
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-31 11:41 AM
:shocker!::shocker!: I know!
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-31 11:59 AM
Are you going to be in the area (MO) long? Are you bringing your kids?
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-31 1:04 PM
Planning on coming in Friday and leaving Monday.

And um, I plan on having fun so, :blush: NO KIDS!:mischief::mischief::evil::evil: Though they SO want to fly somewhere.....oh well.: pbbt:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-31 1:05 PM
Goodness, I could make them relay with me!:laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-31 1:49 PM
That’s a great idea! When they’re done relaying with you they can come relay with me. : pbbt::wink:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-31 2:14 PM
:shocker!:

Tj could probably do it. He is good so long as he doesn't stop moving. And if he had his choice he would never stop moving. He could go all night! I know he would love to try:roll:

: pbbt: I'm gonna be in such good shape I'll finish my 6 and help out with yours!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::blush:um.nope.noway.nohow.:laugh::laugh: I promise to hang around all night and cheer you on! I'll try to stay awake:grin:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / We're back on Wednesday RTTs