Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Tupperware Thursday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-25 6:51 AM
: pbbt:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-25 7:09 AM
--Got invited to an Amish Tupperware party. : pbbt: Lydia called me last night to see what my schedule was so she could coordinate her party around when I would be able to attend. I’m pretty sure it will be me, the Tupperware consultant and lots of Amish ladies. :grin:

--Then in a couple of weeks I’m going to make a house call to do a massage for Lydia and her son. I have a feeling that will turn into a regular visit and I’ll have several Amish that I work on. That’s fine with me. They only live a couple miles from us so it’s not like I have to go very far and I always keep my portable table in my car because I visit my cat lady every week.

--My sister sent me a picture of some ham and bean soup she made with our homegrown beans. :cool:

--There is a job opening through Missouri University’s extension program that I may I apply for. It involves implementing their nutrition education program. I have more than their basic  job requirements. Pay isn’t overly desirable (and I’ve have to be at the upper end of their starting pay scale to consider it) but the benefits are very good. Plus, I think once you got into a position there the door would be wide open for advancement. We’ll see.

--I really just want to retire and raise chickens, pigs, cows and veggies. : pbbt:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-01-25 7:26 AM
Retirement sounds good
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-25 8:06 AM
Is Lydia a client who works with the Amish? Or is she Amish?

Retirement does sound good.  Although I'm not sure your idea and mine are quite the same
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-25 8:14 AM
Lydia is Amish. She did a lot of contractual hand quilting for my mom when she had her quilt shop. She comes in occasionally for a massage. Her son recently moved back home. He has a fast progressing form of MS and is wheelchair bound. She asked if I could come to their home because it would be rather challenging getting him to my office. Since I’ll be there for him she is just going to get her massage at the same time. It costs them $20 or so to get a ride to town so this will work out good for them. I don’t mind, especially if I’m doing a couple of massages (or more :wink:).

You mean you don’t want to collect eggs in your retirement? I don’t understand. :laugh:: pbbt:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-25 8:19 AM
:laugh: Yeah, my idea of retirement is grandkids, horses and a beach!
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-25 8:39 AM
I'll take the beach part and add in some travel. Can't even think of my baby having a baby haha
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-25 9:06 AM
:laugh:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-25 8:18 AM
an Amish tupperware party? :shocker!::wtf::laugh: Sounds like quite the event:laugh: Is there an Amish community near you? Not what I expected.

I love that you are both considering a position with advancement at the same time as retiring to farming. I would think you could make some money at farming with all you do. Would it be enough money?
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-25 9:06 AM
Yes, we have an Amish community in our area. I know many of them from doing massage. My dad used to drive for a couple of them too. In fact, Ben and Mose were both at his service. :hug: I love talking to them about gardening and canning.

Farming generates some money. Not enough at this point to retire on but maybe someday. We’d like to get about 100 more acres to share crop and that would help. If I could sell my office building that would be helpful too in the money/retirement department. I’ll probably get screwed on taxes on it though. :roll:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-25 10:23 AM
:hug:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-01-25 7:36 AM
~Got our inverter/generator yesterday. Once we find a 5x8 trailer we like I think we will finally have finished buying all the expensive shit. Still need some odds and ends, cables, etc.

~It seems every race we talk with someone about timing has some weird twist to it. What happened to just a plain ol loop course 5K?

~DOMS from Tuesday's weight lifting :mutmad:

~It's Irish Coffee Day. I celebrate that pretty much every day :wink:

~It's exactly 11 months until Christmas. I can't believe all of the people who have their lights up already!
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-25 8:07 AM
What kind of weird twists?

11 months til Christmas.  Sigh.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-01-25 8:12 AM
Maybe not twists, so much as oddities

Like one race wants 1 start line and 2 different finish lines
Another wants 2 start lines and 1 finish line
Another is 3 loops for a 5K but as many loops as you can finish in 6 hours as a separate race

of course ours is 400 meter loops :roll::roll::roll:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-25 8:24 AM
Extra stuff = extra $$$ :cool: but is still :roll::roll:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-25 8:47 AM
I've run races with both the 2 start/1 finish and 1 start/2 finish things but in both cases it was basically one long line that was divided, so kind of like side by side start or finish corrals
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-01-25 8:49 AM
This is like:
15K starts at this park and finishes 9.1 miles away
5K starts at the same park but finishes 3.1 miles away

or

option 2

15K starts at park 1 and finishes at park 2
5k starts 6 miles into the course and finishes at park 2
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-25 9:16 AM
Option 1 just super stupid. Option 2 I understand a little better but still not great.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-01-25 9:20 AM
Option 1 is "How we've always done it".
Option 2 is my recommendation

Then we have another point to point 5K that is actually 3.5 miles :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll: that wants to add a point to point 10K.

I am REALLY pushing them to make those both loop courses because they want everybody back at the start for a party afterwards anyway.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-25 8:10 AM
Perhaps you should offer course design as one of your services.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-01-25 8:12 AM
We definitely offer to help
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-25 8:34 AM
So, got my room cleaned up finally. Laundry isn't done but folded on my bed. I slept on the couch.:roll:

No waking up early. Ugh. Too tired.

Soccer practice starts tonight:cool: I'm going to run outdoors:cool: See how my foot does.

Annoyed by the process of getting things in gear, started, and or otherwise finished.

How many days until my vacation?:roll:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-25 8:40 AM
Maybe you should fold laundry in the living room so at least you get your bed if you don't feel like putting stuff away :laugh:

soccer already?
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-25 9:11 AM
You have a good point on the laundry. :laugh: I've thought about it. For a while I was super-house-mom and folding stuff right out of the dryer and then it piled up in my kitchen. :laugh: But at least I don't sleep there.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-25 9:17 AM
I used to be diligent about laundry when I lived on my own. When the dryer went off it was folded and put away right away. M is the kind to leave it in the dryer for days (or more) and sadly I've adopted that a bit. My problem is with B's stuff because i'll fold it after he's gone to bed and then have to set it out in piles since I can't go put it away while he's sleeping. But then I forget or don't have time until he's around again and it will sit for a couple days.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-25 10:22 AM
I was lucky with both. I've literally vacuumed their rooms while sleeping from birth. I go in to both now and do whatever while they are asleep.

And i've never been diligent about any aspect of laundry. Lately :blush::blush::blush::cry::cry::cry: I've even just gone and bought underwear and socks.....
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-25 10:28 AM
:shocker!: on vacuuming.  I probably could go in his room and put clothes away while he's asleep but I'm not going to risk it. I've had to go in and grab something before or pop an extra pacifier in there but that's my limit
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-25 10:24 AM
Well, general soccer doesn't even start practice for another 3 weeks. But Academy teams have a tournament in 4 weeks, so they better get movin'!

Baseball skills and practice starts next week:shocker!:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-01-25 9:08 AM
keep on top of that foot
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-25 9:11 AM
Yeah, I'd hate to have to sit and drink some beer while everyone else runs for 6 hours :laugh::mischief:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-25 8:45 AM
Mad at myself for not working out yesterday since I was home. I was just tired and didn't feel like going, not to mention worry about my foot

Need to find the Strasbourg sock. I looked briefly on Tuesday and couldn't find it

Brought in donuts this morning for work because I've been craving them.  I had a coupon for 1 doz donut holes for free so I got those too and the lady put in like 3+ dozen in the bag.  That was a bad thing to have next to me while stuck in traffic!

Not sure I'm going to make it to the chiro this week. Working from home 2 days through the week out of whack and I have errands to run tonight.

Going to JoAnn fabric to buy some fabric to make a baby gate.  Read about attaching loops to fabric and then using command hooks to make a gate for weird areas like the bottom of stairs. Sounds too good to be true but I think it will work. Our stairs to the bonus room are oddly shaped so the only gate that works is 2 steps up which I don't like. So right now 3 dining room chairs are blocking off the entry.

M's birthday is on Sunday. We were both off on MLK so I told him we were celebrating that day.  Going to pick up his cake Sat (bakery is closed on Sundays) and probably donuts. Told him we might end up going to the bouncy place with B for his birthday hehe
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-01-25 8:52 AM
Bouncy House for daddy's birthday is perfect haha
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-25 9:18 AM
I'm not gonna lie I would love a bouncy house for my birthday. Our neighbors had one for their kids the day before my birthday last fall and I really wanted to go over there and jump!
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-25 9:09 AM
Bouncy house and donuts. What every man wants for his birthday. :laugh:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-01-25 9:11 AM
:laugh: I know I do
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-25 10:26 AM
Does your foot go to sleep in the sock? I have a splint thing and my foot goes asleep.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-25 10:29 AM
yea I think it gets kind of numb. It's been a while since I used it but I never cared for it. I can't sleep with it, I just wore it while watching TV at night.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-25 11:37 AM
That is what I do. I'm working my way up to an hour. Currently at 5 min:laugh:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Tupperware Thursday RTTs