Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Back to cold Thursday 1/25
- - By runnergeel [us] Date 2018-01-25 6:37 AM
brrrr. back to winter here.

what's going on today?

Super bowl plans? Let's hear what you are doing for the night.
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2018-01-25 6:40 AM
Hi

Morgan to dentist. Then I'm meeting my contractor at the tile store. kinda exciting. new bathroom.

No run today. video. I'm thinking piyo core.

Super bowl. No plans yet.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-01-25 8:33 AM
piyo core.  Supergeel.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-01-25 6:47 AM
Good morning!

Cold here also; 30 degrees. But it is supposed to warm up to 58 degrees and the sun should be coming out also. Now tomorrow and Saturday is another story.   I will be meeting my friend for our 5 mile power walk later this morning.

Hope your remodeling project goes well.  Are you taking it down to the studs?  When we remodeled ours we did away with the spa tub, made the shower bigger, got new cabinets, hardware, and fixtures.  It was money well spent.  Good luck selecting tile.  I think that selecting all that stuff is harder than the actual physical work.

And muchas gracias for starting the daily!

I forgot about the QOTD.  No Super Bowl plans yet.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-01-25 8:33 AM
Ive got sunny and the promise of 40 degrees.   Yoga late morning, run this afternoon.  At our house the Super Bowl typically goes like this: the TV is on and Lee watches a minute here and a minute there.  I'm in a different room with my nose in a book.  Despite my lack of interest I'm cheering for an Eagles win.  I know Tom Brady is a great quarterback but I find him really easy to dislike.  Basically I'm ready for college hoops to be on 24/7.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-01-25 8:52 AM
Hiya Babe.

This morning. 1 hour at gym lifting weights and then a 4.69 mile run home.

No super bowl plans. older kids will go to various friends houses to watch. We will probably have a few families over so younger kids have someone to watch with. I don't pay much attention to the game...just eat too much...
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2018-01-25 9:43 AM
Are you racing anything this year?
I think you need to get Bryan with a Y out there again. BTW, I apparently pissed of a few of his FB posse because I corrected an article he posted. B was courteous, but man his friends were awful and his wife said she was going to pray for me :laugh::laugh::laugh: Seriously, I was all don't bother : pbbt:
Did the new grandkiddo go home already?
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-01-25 9:46 AM
C&O 100 last weekend of April. And I am thinking about the Harrisburg Marathon in November.
I am never sorry that i have never had a FB account.

Josh, Katie and Baby flew home on Monday.
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2018-01-25 11:00 AM
OH that's right! I forgot about the C&O and your loony local (to me ) friend that is doing it!
Ha!
Aw :(
How close do the newlyweds live to you?
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-01-25 11:45 AM
1.2 miles. I run down their street a lot. part of my regular running route
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-01-25 9:05 AM
if you are bored today and have 15 minutes to kill. Sam was interviewed by Chris Hogan for his radio show. (he's one of Dave Ramsey's guys). She was on the show a few months ago. And now its a podcast on his website.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-01-25 9:27 AM
Oh yeah, I listen to Dave Ramsey.  Enjoyed listening to Sam.  Lots of good words.  S.A.M.  When does the book come out?  The only thing I missed was the part about buying running shoes.
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-01-25 12:19 PM
running shoes need their own budget
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-01-25 12:13 PM
That was a good listen.  Thanks.  I've never heard of Chris Hogan but Lisa and Jacob had to go through a Dave Ramsey course as part of their premarital counseling.   Catch me up - I know about the oldest 5 kids but what are the next 3 boys up to?
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-01-25 12:18 PM
Joey (19) is a Junior at Maryland. In the school of business working on a finance degree. works at chic fil a
Robert (18) sophomore at community college. just applied for Business school at Maryland for the fall. works at a local gym.
Dominic (16) wrapping up high school and heading to community college in the fall. looking for a part time job.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-01-25 9:38 AM
Got up, put on running gear went out to pick up paper and said, "Hey Tom, you're retired, you don't have to run in ridiculous wind chill."  So i will wait until this afternoon.

Avoiding the Y during flu season.

We talked pie the other day.  My favorite was chocolate peanut butter.  No pie, but it was in the 60s so Lynda and I went to UD Creamery.  I had Peanut Coco Loco.  Chocolate ice cream w/ peanut cup pieces.  Not bad but could have used more PB. 

Superbowl.   Just an amazing Super Bowl hype here.  Even grocery stores are selling Eagles gear.   No party plans yet.

Tom in DE
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-01-25 10:29 AM
It's colder here too.  23F this morning, but not much wind.  Sunny and 50 this afternoon.

8 miles this morning.

No Super Bowl plans.
Parent - By DottieO Date 2018-01-25 10:42 AM
I have sunny and 16 degrees :cry: and everything is covered in shiny ice. Happy for my ice spikes. I’m planning to power walk in a while. I just mopped floors and need to read assignments for 4 classes. We are going out tonight to celebrate our birthdays which are 3 days apart and I’ll definitely dress for the weather instead of the occasion.

:grin:
Parent - - By DottieO Date 2018-01-25 10:55 AM
Super Bowl at home. I requested the night off from work months ago. I’m making pulled pork BBQ and potato salad. I’m wearing my Patriots shirt and hoping for a 6th ring.

:cool:
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-01-25 11:05 AM
I'll be over for pulled pork.  I'll be wearing my Eagles shirt and hoping for a 1st ring.
Parent - By DottieO Date 2018-01-25 11:10 AM
Deal :hug:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-01-25 11:26 AM
Well my friend and I walked 6.10 miles!  We walked the trail and then we walked the side streets and older neighborhoods.  Very pleasant walk.

I have also done my 60 second plank and 2 sets of 2 pushups.  My husband is out golfing.  He left before I returned home and I will probably leave before he returns from golf.  Crazy!

See you guys later!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Back to cold Thursday 1/25