Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wacky Wednesday, 24 Jan 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-01-24 7:17 AM
Is there anything wacky in your Wednesday?

Post away...even if it does not involve running or working out.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-01-24 9:27 AM
After 2 days of work where I would crawl over broken glass to make it all go away, I seem to be back to enjoying the work this morning. I just wish I was as sure of my mental stability as the president.

After a rest day yesterday because I drove into the office and I was too lazy to fit in a workout before or after that, I got to the park this morning for 4.03 miles in a light snow.  About 33° and dry roads.

There is nothing like a good comic strip to cheer me up and Dilbert was classic on the 22nd and 23rd. You can go to Dilbert.com and view them.  That may as well be me in the strips in place of Dilbert.

The strip on the 22nd, replacing Dilbert with myself:
Me: It will take me 4 weeks to build the app, unless there are unforeseen problems
Any Project Manager: How often do we have unforeseen problems?
Me: 100% of the time.
Any Project Manager: The what's the point of estimating a completion date
Me: I was hoping to make you stop talking, but it didn't work
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-01-24 9:32 AM
:laugh:  I used to keep a few choice Dilbert strips taped to the file cabinet in my office.  Only a couple people ever laughed.:wtf:
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2018-01-24 12:42 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I do that with David. :shocker!:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-01-24 9:31 AM
Good morning All.  :happy:  Unusual but not wacky: Misha is at doggie daycare.  Cabin fever strikes dogs too.  She needed some friends and playtime.  I ran some errands without the thought in the back of my mind that I had to hurry home before she destroyed the house. :happy:

My brother and sister and I are going out for lunch.  We all have winter birthdays and are celebrating today.  I have a couple of hours to kill before they show up so I'll do my yoga and catch up on my reading.

Anyone familiar with Cell Speak, or maybe its Speak Cell?  I fat fingered some data in an excel spreadsheet and now the darn thing talks to me.  It repeats back whatever I type in the cell.  I've searched the Microsoft message boards and viewed a few youtubes but I just can't seem to turn it off.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2018-01-24 12:43 PM
I hope lunch was nice.

I can't help. sorry. it's got to be driving you nuts.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-01-24 10:40 AM
It's a sad Wednesday, especially around here, after the school shooting yesterday in Kentucky.  It seems that school shootings are becoming more common.  The school where this happened is a 3 hour drive from me, but we all know that it could happen at any school.  So terrible.  Two kids dead, killed by another kid and 17 others wounded.  We have routine safety procedures, but a kid can smuggle a gun into a school easily. 

I ran 8 miles this morning.  There were snow flurries blowing around as I ran. 

Wacky?  Makayla called me this morning as I was on bus duty to tell me that she locked herself out of the house.  I drove home so she could get her keys and drive to school.  Poor girl was standing outside in the cold, without a coat on of course, and waiting for me.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2018-01-24 12:45 PM
I often say, there is no longer a safe place for kids to go. My heart breaks for everyone. The world is beyond scary.

Makayla! I hope she was okay!
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-01-24 2:35 PM
I guy at our church posted a picture on Facebook with a baby sleeping in his arms. He said it was his granddaughter Makayla.  Now I know of 2 people with that name.
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2018-01-24 12:47 PM
Im the only wacky thing in my wed!

5.34 miles. I'm using my recovery plan in the back of my book to get me back on track. I've been floudering. I'm also a a diet. again. I gained 10 pounds over the holiday. After surgery.

The only wacky thing for me is that I've had to get mean and nasty with an EBAY sellar. First time. I love EBAY.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-01-24 1:25 PM
Hope it wasn't me. I've been selling booze on eBay. Your handle isn't LushMom69 by any chance?
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2018-01-24 1:51 PM
:laugh:  maybe
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-01-24 1:26 PM
ran 4.89 miles today. back to winter type weather here. but nothing horrible.
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2018-01-24 1:51 PM
agreed. windy. yesterday I rain in the rain in shorts.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-01-24 2:05 PM
You are wacky.....rain in the rain.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-01-24 2:16 PM
Wash Your hand Wednesday.   Lynda just came back from physical.  Doc says wash your hands as soon as you come back from anywhere.  Wash, wash, wash. There's too much flu going around.

My wacky Wed started with a wake up call.  Actually Lynda has to wake me up since I can't hear phones w/o hearing aids.  Anyway, apparently Aunt Shirley did something to lock the caregiver in her bedroom and she couldn't get out.  I had to go over and play with the lock and free her.  Still don't know how or what.  Could not replicate it.

Spent morning w/ Andrew, the young man I work with.  Worked on his model railroad today.  He continues to amaze me with his creativity. 

Afternoon is spent on phone making appts and clearing up mistakes and other issues.  I hate doing this.  Put on hold, switch, call backs:mutmad:

May run, may not.  I'm really not in training.  But I probably should be.   Church dinner, and study on Wed nights. 

Tom in DE
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-01-24 3:39 PM
Just returned from a 5.5 mile PW.  Plus this morning I did my 1 minute plank and 2 sets of 2 pushups!

Went to the dentist and you know how I love going to the dentist.  My teeth feel oh so pretty and clean.  Then my husband and I went and had lunch, went to Costco and back home.  He needed to work on the yard some more.  Lots of leaves!

Have a wonderful Wednesday afternoon!
Parent - By rungear [us] Date 2018-01-24 7:10 PM
D.C. House of Reps
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wacky Wednesday, 24 Jan 2018