Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Wintery Mix Wednesday RTTs
- - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-24 5:39 AM
:meh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-24 5:44 AM
Apparently we had a wintry mix overnight which means black ice on the roads. awesome. M said it was slick driving in and he's mostly on the interstate. I take back roads (though still well traveled) but I'm dreading it. I worked from home yesterday so I feel bad doing it again today even though I'm sure no one cares.

I'm watching B on the monitor flailing around in his crib. he wants to go back to sleep but just can't

His temp was lower last night after daycare which was good, although I wonder if it will be up again from overnight.

Have  been debating my FL trip to see my parents/grandparents bc sleeping arrangements would be tough (was ok last year as a baby but not this year) and then no luck on decent flight times.  Out of the blue my parent's neighbor said she's going away for a week in Feb and said if i was going to be visiting this year and wanted to stay there we could. that would be a great situation for sleeping arrangements with B.  But I still can't find any flight times that aren't super early or super late. I used to go for super early when it was just me but notsomuch now with B.

Allegiant air is actually the best airport location but I've always avoided since when you add up all the fees its basically the same as Southwest. But I might have to look into it this time
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-01-24 5:53 AM
Can't even imagine trying to fly with a baby
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-24 7:15 AM
I can’t imagine you flying with a baby either. :laugh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-24 8:52 AM
it is terrible haha. Actually I'd take him flying at 3 months like I did a year ago over now since at least back then he would sleep and I could just stick a bottle in his mouth. Notsomuch now
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-24 6:57 AM
I’m not a fan of Allegiant. Never found them to be especially economical when you factor in the add ons. They do fly a number of destinations out of SGF so it can be convenient.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-24 8:51 AM
that's my thing with them too, by the time you factor in all the fees it is the same price. Usually I've been great with SWA but this year I'm not having luck
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-24 7:49 AM
We flew with Ripley twice in her first year. It really wasn't that bad. But then Rip was always easy going. I wouldn't let his schedule get in the way of a good trip though. Just be prepared and it is a temporary thing and send evil stares to all the a-holes on the plane. :hug:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-24 8:53 AM
I just can't do getting him up at 4:30am to head to the airport.  Or landing at 7pm and having a 1.5-2 hour drive to my  parents' when his bedtime is 645
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-24 7:14 AM
--Got an email from the Walmart Community Grant Program that we did not receive the grant for the trail project......that I applied for 4 years ago! WTF? :wtf: Obviously, someone isn’t doing their job. :roll:

--Doctor who was on call when my dad passed has yet to complete the paperwork for the death certificate. Once again. WTF? :wtf: It has been over 2 weeks! :mutmad: I told her not to dick around with it and gave her the administrators name and number. Unacceptable. There are time sensitive things that need to be done and my mom needs the documents.

--Standards for everything are so incredibly low these days. I don’t care if we’re talking work force, restaurants, medical, movies or what. Quite pathetic actually.

--My work schedule is more than I’d like the next couple of weeks. Partly because I have a work ethic. Hopefully my body holds up.

--My nephew lost his basketball game by 4 points last night. OMG, their coach. :roll: Obviously, nothing has changed from one generation to the next when it comes to these coaches in small towns. Every bit as bad and obnoxious as when we were in school. The boys had the ball with :40 left and were down by 4. The coach is jumping up and down, yelling hysterically to go for a 3 pointer. I looked at my brother and was like “It’s a two possession game regardless, why go for 3? My brother: “He teaches Social Studies, not Math”. :laugh::laugh::laugh: No shit!

--Finally picked up a book. I was actually 44% of the way done with it but had to start over because it has been so long. :blush: I think at least one, maybe two more books have been added to the series since I left off.

--Book group this weekend. :grin: Going to make that Butternut Squash Carbonara. That dish was exquisite.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-24 7:44 AM
Because two goals of 2 points only ties the game. Two goals with at least 1 3 pointer wins the game.

Standards are beyond low these days.

I hope your work schedule is doable:hug:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-24 8:12 AM
Yea, I realize they could have won with a 3 pointer and a 2 pointer. I’m was simply trying to be logical and realistic. : pbbt:

I just scheduled another one for next week. :blush: I’d be rich if there were two of me. :wink:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-24 9:11 AM
:blush:

:laugh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-24 8:54 AM
I do agree on standards and sadly I don't think it will be getting any better with the next generations.

Is the book you are reading now for book group?
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-24 11:17 AM
No, we don’t read books for this book group. :laugh: I picked up where I left off in the Finnish crime series (Maria Kallio).  I think there are 10-12 books. I’ve ready about 8 of them.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-24 1:41 PM
:laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-24 8:07 AM
Wintry mix:sad: Can't wait for the summery mix:cool:

Yesterday woke up early for yoga. This morning we slept in an extra 2 hours until 710. I had to take her to school and got to work late. But i get here when I get here so it doesn't really matter. Just an hour later than usual for me. We needed the sleep. Tj was at my parents house so he made the bus:blush:

Dinner and trivia with erica last night was awesome. We did pretty good at trivia by ourselves but mostly just talked, cursed, and laughed. Such a needed night out for me. :grin:

Tonight - training run and laundry

Ripley's soccer starts tomorrow:cool::cool::cool:

And I think we are gonna quit piano and sign her up for the goalkeeping yearlong academy. Big step but she says yesyesyesmoresoccermom! when I asked her last night:cool::laugh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-24 8:13 AM
The heat and humidity summery mix? :cry: No thanks!
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-24 9:11 AM
omg i can't wait to start sweating again and feeling normal!!!!!!
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-24 9:00 AM
LOL on early for yoga and then sleeping in late. I vote sleeping in late for sure.

Glad you had fun with your friend
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-24 9:13 AM
Yeah, yoga or core or working out can ALWAYS happen later. Sleeping in can only happen in the morning:happy:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-24 9:03 AM
Took B to daycare and hit ice about halfway there (its a 5 min drive so not far!). Luckily I could tell it was glassy road and started to lightly hit the breaks but the antilock brakes kicked in (or whatever that is) and I wasn't stopping and sort of fishtailed over to a snowy part of the road to slow down.  I was going slow already so it worked out but still scary with B in the car.  Dropped him off and decided to go back home to work. School system changed over from a delay to closed but since daycare was already open it will stay open even though schools are closed
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Wintery Mix Wednesday RTTs