Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Where's the Tuesdaily?
- - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-01-23 9:50 AM
C'mon people, I heard it is national pie day.   Such a good opportunity to post non-running-pie-stuff.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-01-23 9:55 AM
So yesterday we hit 59* and I sat on the patio and read.  Today is full "pull up the hood on your parka" kind of day with snow on the ground, big ugly grey clouds, and a fierce wind.

Not to mention it's a little slick out there too.   Yesterday one of my animal shelter friends was complaining she only got 2 hours sleep.  I felt very smug thinking that rarely happens to me.  And then last night was my night for it.  Legs hurt, hips hurt, lower back was screaming.  I'm blaming in on barometric pressure since we got such a weather change.

I just finished cup of Joe #3 with a fun sized Snickers bar.   That's got me circling back to pie day.  Not necessarily my favorite but I sure could go for a huge slice of peanut butter pie right now.:grin:

Yoga, laundry, dog walking, and a pot of jambalaya for supper.   Have a sweet day everyone.:happy::happy:
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-01-23 10:47 AM
I had never had peanut butter pie until I married Melissa.  She made a PB pie when we were first married and I love PB, but  the thought of it in a pie was repulsive.  She convinced me to try it and I liked it.  Haven't had a slice for a long time.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-01-23 12:10 PM
Oh man peanut butter pie, or Reeses Cup pie, oooooooooohhhhhhhh  I WANT SOME
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-01-23 10:45 AM
I'll take a slice of apple pie - homemade using granny smith apples. 

It was windy this morning with a chill in the air.  Once I settled in to the run, I was fine.  8 miles.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-01-23 11:47 AM
59 degrees and sunny.  My friend and I went for a 5 mile power walk and then we sat at the local diner and had a latte. Just returned from our outing. We walked the trail plus some side streets so we discovered "new" areas to us. 

I also did my 60 second plank and 2 sets of 2 pushups. 

My husband is out blowing leaves.  Oh my goodness so many of them!

Speaking of pies, I saw this on the Today show  and now I want to make it.  https://www.today.com/recipes/dulce-de-leche-apple-pie-recipe-t121401

Have a good day all and stay warm and safe!
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-01-23 12:24 PM
I thought pi day was March 14.

62* this morning, I put on shorts and tee and headed down to the trail, driving, then deliver pizzas to the center.   Wooooosh  just as I started stretching a huge downpour.  So I delivered pizzas then went for run.  Temp dropped 5 degrees but it was still pleasant.  "Run" was good but oh so slow.:cry:

Yesterday I went to this woman's house to pick up a winter jacket for our homeless friends.  She said stop by after 4 when she gets home.  I met her on an online forum.  She said her house number was 103.  I show up, not home, but wait 15 min and then a car pulls in driveway.  I get out and start walking up and I see this :shocker!: look in her eyes.  "Joan?   Oh your not Joan."   Oh my, I think I scared the crap out of this woman.  Turns out it was right house#, wrong street name.  Two blocks the other way. 

Tom in DE
- - By DottieO Date 2018-01-23 1:12 PM
First day of the semester. Holy Guacamole! I have a lot of reading to do :shocker!:

It’s freezing drizzle. 8-12 foot seas for the ride home and there’s been another school shooting in Marshall County in Kentucky. :cry:

I already have 11K steps and 18 floors.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-01-23 1:22 PM
Two 15 year olds are dead.  Several hurt.  Shot by a 15 year old. 

12 foot seas sounds like a wild ride.
Parent - By DottieO Date 2018-01-23 1:46 PM
Yes, a wild ride. Hopefully a short one. :wink:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-01-23 1:57 PM
Is the shooting anywhere near you Mike?
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-01-23 2:13 PM
Well eating guacamole would really make your reading enjoyable!

Your weather sounds cold and nasty.  Take care.

Sad to read about the school shooting.
- By Ron274 [us] Date 2018-01-23 4:15 PM
Beautiful day for cycling here in TheVillages FL. I didn't know it was National pie day. Hmm! Make mine cherry.
Another school shooting. When will this madness end.
Run safe.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Where's the Tuesdaily?