Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / What did the cat say? Monday RTTs
- - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-22 7:04 AM
Today is National Answer Your Cat's Questions day!
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-22 7:16 AM
Seriously. Apparently that is a day.....:laugh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-22 7:22 AM
Weekend went by pretty fast. Had talked about taking B to one of those indoor inflatables places since he has way too much energy but then he took a long nap Sunday afternoon when I planned to go. Maybe next weekend.

Also got out for a stroller walk for the first time in forever.

I enjoyed 50 degrees this morning. Would like to try for a run if the rain holds off.

I think I'm having a PF flare up (or whatever is wrong with my arch). It started hurting after the elliptical last week and it felt almost like a knot all weekend. Even walking the neighborhood irritated it a bit. I'm not a fan of the Strasbourg sock but might have to do it anyway if I get back into running.

Getting to the point of being embarrassed by my clothes not fitting and just generally how bad I look. But of course still not actually doing anything to make it better :roll:

Need to get motivated to clean some stuff up at work as I'll start getting busy around April. I know that is still a while away but I feel like I procrastinate with stuff and then all of the sudden try to cram it all in before busy season hits.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-22 7:26 AM
jumpy houses are awesome!:cool:

PF:cry::cry: Get the sock. It is a pain but it helps. I'm starting back with my splint tonight.

:hug:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-22 7:43 AM
I think some of the jumpy things are too big for B but I want to try one with a toddler area to see how he does. I think he would love it as he's a maniac
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-22 8:14 AM
Most do have a little toddler area. He will love it.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-22 7:39 AM
Get after the PF. You don’t want that getting out of control.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-01-22 7:52 AM
Use the sock!!!!
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-01-22 9:36 AM
Another vote for staying on top of the PF.  :hug:  I've also been doing "toe yoga" which is basically just foot strengthening stuff that I think helps as well.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-22 9:54 AM
I've heard of that!
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-22 11:30 AM
I've tried things like that and also stretching my foot and calf but if I do it too much it causes a cramp in my arch
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-22 7:25 AM
My cat just says "let meowt" and "feed menow!"

Had my mom tape my foot yesterday and already it is feeling better. But we'll see what happens when I go on a real outdoors run/walk tonight.

Wearing eye makeup today. #fancy  Why does eye makeup not stay where it belongs?  #raccoon

Ripley did a walk/run (mostly walk) on the elliptical last night forever. She had the ipad on and did almost 50 min. I didn't pressure her to move faster because she was on it for so long. I figure it is all calories, right? She is moving. TBH I was really proud of her. I don't think I could do it for that long. :blush:

Then we did yoga. All three of us. You should have seen Tj trying to match positions:laugh: I need to find a less intense yoga show though. More stretching. Fewer pushups:roll: Tj killed it though. Of course, he weighs 48 pounds with barely any fat on him. :roll::roll: #SmithBoys

Q took the kids Sat and Sunday:cool: Love having him back in the picture. They love spending the night with him and I love them spending the night with him:laugh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-22 7:41 AM
Keeping the foot taped may be your answer. A pain, but if it works then yay!!
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-22 8:17 AM
Yes. I need to be more aggressive with my treating it. Especially now that it is everyday :mutmad:

I have serious issues with auto text. Started to type especially and went to press especially and it turned into rape. Wtf.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-01-22 7:52 AM
All yogo I've ever tried had WAY too many damn pushups
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-22 8:20 AM
Think I need relaxing yoga not workout yoga. Or I'm just gonna skip them.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-22 8:00 AM
lol on the cat

I think that's great what Rip did!  And very happy Q is back in the picture more regularly for them
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-01-22 9:38 AM
I'm glad the tape is helping.  Good luck on the run/walk tonight.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-22 7:38 AM
--Tornado and squall line very close to us last night. It sneaked up on everyone. Good thing it wasn’t really severe because it would have been catastrophic. We only got maybe 5-10 minutes notice from the weather forecasters. I guess an Amish family got hit just two miles west of us. Luckily they were all okay.

--Appointment with the hand surgeon today. I probably need to erase (at least temporarily) this negative attitude I have toward our medical profession.

--If my cat Angel would ask me one question I think it would be “Why don’t you feed me salmon skin everyday”? : pbbt: Bear probably wouldn’t have any questions. He’s too laid back and content.

--I don’t have any appointments today. I intentionally didn’t schedule anyone since I’m thinking I might get a cortisone injection. Not sure working immediately after that is advised or even possible.

--Got some cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, leeks and rhubarb started yesterday. I also placed an order for some seeds with Baker Creek--tomatoes, bok choy, carrots, lettuce, cucumbers and kale. I think I’m pretty well set on everything else or I’ll just pick it up at the Agri Center.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-01-22 7:52 AM
I saw that tornado was 2 miles south of Mt Vernon. I knew that had to be close as shit
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-22 8:01 AM
wow that is really close, glad everyone is ok

hope the hand surgeon appt has some good info
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-22 8:23 AM
Scary about the tornado. Glad the family hit was ok.

Finally hand surgeon time. I hope it helps.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-01-22 9:38 AM
I hope your appointment goes well.  :hug:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-22 12:00 PM
I really liked the hand surgeon. First of all, he took time and explained everything in detail. He said at this point he does not feel like my carpal tunnel warrants surgery. YAY! :cool: He did say the odds of me having another flare up are probably good and I may be back to see him. He then when on to say there are many factors involved with carpal tunnel, not just over use. Things like age, hormones (hello, what have I been saying?), injury, etc. Now, I just need to either get my primary care doc or my ob/gyn on board with the hormonal thing. As far as the trigger thumb, he gave me a cortisone injection and said if it doesn’t clear up in 2 weeks then to come back and he’ll do another one. He wasn’t overly concerned with the x-rays pertaining to the osteoarthritis. He felt like my progression is kind of average.

The shot was no big deal. I’m not saying I didn’t feel anything but it was nothing as bad as everyone says they are.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-22 1:21 PM
I'm glad you liked him and had a positive appointment. :hug:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-22 1:59 PM
:cool::cool:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-01-22 2:13 PM
I’m glad it was a good experience. I hope the cortisone helps.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-01-22 9:48 AM
*pretty sure my cat would just say "why...why did you have to get another dog? :cry:"  This morning all he was saying was purrrrrrrr.  :hug:  Sometimes, every once in awhile, he's not a huge pita. 

*48 degrees and rainy this morning.  I got off work and it wasn't raining at that moment, so I got the outdoors Christmas lights down.  :grin:  I'm so happy to have that job done.  I kind of wanted to do it Saturday, but they were still frozen into the snow/ice on the roof. 

*You know we are in the throes of winter when I get a jigsaw puzzle going.  I only do 1 or 2 a year. 

*This week I'm doing a deep clean of the house of another one of my little old church ladies.  :laugh::cry:  But at least no one will be home.  It will be good vacation money.

*Speaking of vacation, the government better have a budget by March.  :mutmad:  I have my National Park pass already and most of our vacation is planned to spend time at National parks.  It would suck for them to be closed.  Last government shutdown I didn't get to run a marathon.  :roll::mutmad:

*My iPhone battery life sucks so bad now.  I've got that thing plugged in more than it's unplugged.  :roll:  It went from decent battery life to god awful in a matter of a couple months.  :mutmad::cry:  I'm nearly due for an upgrade but I'm pretty sure dh would rather not upgrade asap.  :meh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-22 9:55 AM
Awwwww....purrrrrrr:hug:

Have you checked to see if your phone qualifies for a battery replacement due to the throttling issue?
Parent - - By elmtree Date 2018-01-22 11:00 AM
Get yourself signed up to get the $29 battery. I haven't done it yet, but a coworker did and it made a HUGE difference. (what phone do you have?)
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-22 11:35 AM
Can she buy the battery in pennies?  hehe
Parent - By elmtree Date 2018-01-22 5:04 PM
At the shop? Probably!

(I swear I'll never do this again - it's not even worth all the hassle at this point, but I'm sticking to my guns!)
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-01-22 11:39 AM
I have the 6.  Do I just go to my cell company or an apple store?
Parent - - By elmtree Date 2018-01-22 5:04 PM
Apple store - go online to make an appointment for it - or call. Do not just show up bc they often don't have them. And your phone is old enough that it's well worth it to spend the $29 and wait on the upgrade.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-01-22 9:40 PM
Thanks for the info!
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-22 11:33 AM
I heard the statue of Liberty was closed and I was thinking how much it would suck for people who had planned a vacation around visiting some of these things and now they can't because of the shut down. I sure hope it isn't still going on in March.

My battery is sucking too. My phone is just over 2 years old. We also have a 4 year old phone I think and its battery barely lasts at all and it is hardly used. I know I've read that Apple did something with their updates to basically make old phones batteries die quickly to try to get people to upgrade.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-01-22 11:42 AM
Mine is nearing 2.5 years.  My battery went from 68% to 34% just sitting on the table while I ran 7 miles on the treadmill.  That's ridiculous! :mutmad:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-22 12:21 PM
that's crazy
Parent - By elmtree Date 2018-01-22 5:05 PM
New battery should fix that!
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-22 12:04 PM
The president, VP, senators, representatives, congressmen, etc. needs to have their pay and benefits completely stripped until they can get their shit together. Better yet, fire ALL of their asses. I’m not sure there is one worthy of the job they have anyway. :mutmad:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-01-22 1:29 PM
~Testing, testing, testing timing equipment. Figured out the clock display. You have to "extend the monitor" on your laptop. Then drag the clock over to the new monitor (my big-ass TV on a stand) and I can do my own thing on the laptop and the clock just runs on the other screen. Shows the finishers name and time when they finish. Cool.

~I think once we do a couple of bigger races we will be getting an avalanche of offers. We will be doing shit that nobody does around here. These KC companies even charge you extra if you want anything on the finish line like flags, arch, pylons, etc.

~Sleet on my way home. Snow now. (It was 60something yesterday) 45 tomorrow then 55 the next couple days

~Don't know if we will sell out our 50 spots on OUR race or not.....I know, it's still 6 months away...

~Donut Dash people are going to hire us. We are trying to convince them their routes are all wrong. Their 5k is long and they wanna add a 10K. We are convincing them to do them both as loops and start finish in same location. 5K won't see all the museums but the 10k will.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-22 1:33 PM
You should do really well with the timing. You’d cash in around the Springfield area. I payed less to have Chris drive all the way from Jonesboro, factoring in the cost for mileage, than it would have cost me for one of the three local timing people. And, we got finish line photos! :grin:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-01-22 2:16 PM
It’s hard to make firm plans for 6 months from now. I’d guess your race will sell out. And there will likely be a couple of Hoosiers there as well.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-01-22 2:54 PM
:hug:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / What did the cat say? Monday RTTs