Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Sunday, 21 Jan 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-01-21 7:55 AM
Good morning!

Besides watching football games today, what else are you doing?  

Post, post, post...

Deb needs to check in with us again.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-01-21 9:21 AM
Good Sunday Morning Masters.

Good luck on your race this afternoon Dave!

I had a decent run yesterday.  One of those where everything seemed to click and I went an extra 1/2 mile.  Well, that, and I kept seeing people and switching my route to avoid them.  I have a whole tribe of retired people with dogs that I see everyday at the park and chat with.  When I'm running though I don't want to stop and chat.  When I looked at the route on my Garmin later it was pretty funny.  Lots of back tracking and detours. 

We went out for BBQ last night; Lee had the ribs and I had brisket.  There are enough leftovers in the fridge for a small army.  (why are restaurant portions so big?)  Anyway, I won't have to cook today.

In yoga news: yesterday I managed something called Eagle pose.  All I know is that it was an amazing noodle-inducing stretch after running. 

Shout out to Deb, Jane, Pam, and a couple of Marks.
Parent - - By rungear [us] Date 2018-01-21 11:40 AM
Good morning.

Holy Moly = http://wapo.st/2DmGkmm?tid=ss_mail&utm_term=.74f486df9906    Doing this would be oh so good.

I am trying to make myself commit to a marathon next year when I hit 80.  It would be oh so good, but I need to make a commitment and do my training this year.  So time will tell.

Have a good Sunday, all.  My wife and I are at a Park this afternoon for a 5 mile hike.

See ya later.
Parent - By rungear [us] Date 2018-01-21 12:13 PM
p.s. Go Dave!
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-01-21 12:18 PM
Sounds like an interesting goal. It'll be interesting to see what you decide to do.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-01-21 12:25 PM
Well, I'm physically here at my race location. I don't feel like running. I forgot my Garmin. And I've been feeling "off" all day. Just one of those days I don't want to do or think anything and don't want to be around people. Not a great frame of mind for two hours of coffee duty at church. I faked my way through ok.

Grumpsville.

Maybe I'm already thinking about work tomorrow.

Maybe the run will snap me out of it.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-01-21 12:36 PM
Well let us cheer you up!  Now just pretend that you are running with all of us from the Masters forum.  You have Mike, Tom, Dawn, the great Runnergeel, Pam, Diego, Rob, Deb, Sam, Rungear, and me just cheering you on.  Can you see our smiling faces?  Woo hoo, let's get going!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-01-21 12:44 PM
knowing Diego was chasing you ought to be enough for a PR.   Go Dave!
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-01-21 2:57 PM
I survived the race and the run has improved my mood a bit.  I hoped to keep a 9:00 - 9:30 pace for the race but with no Garmin and no splits along the course it was all just a guess.  I ended up a bit slower than desired:

38:21 / 9:36 pace
37 of 122 over all
25 of 54 male
7 of 16 age group (50-59)

Lesson learned today: A cheeseburger and fries 2 hours before the race is not a good idea. I had to slow down a couple times when my stomach started yelling at me.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-01-21 3:13 PM
Congratulations on getting it done!  I see Diego helped you a bit.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-01-21 3:20 PM
Sunday is always my planned short run day.  3 miles in the early darkness. 

All of the snow is gone, melted away.   It's amazing how quickly that stuff melts.  Yesterday morning around 11:00 my driveway was slushy with frozen slush and a mostly white driveway and yard.  Temps in the 40s took care of it.  It may have reached 50 yesterday.

I'm resting up for a full week of work starting tomorrow.  Haven't had a full week since mid-December.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-01-21 4:29 PM
Yea for the snow melting and no need to shovel!

Are you ready to work a full week?
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-01-21 4:29 PM
Workout video done, 50 second plank and 2 pushups.

Went to Mass this morning and then grocery store.  Not a bad morning at all.

The sun is out!  And it is 69 degrees. 

Enjoy your Sunday afternoon.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Sunday, 21 Jan 2018