Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wednesday - How much colder will it get?
- - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-01-17 6:48 AM
It is -7 windchill at my house this morning.  The coldest windchill so far this season.  I think I'll run later like a sane person when the temps climb into the teens.  School is not in session.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-01-17 7:02 AM
School was canceled again last night for today.  Our superintendent said that all staff had to report to our school for the day.  Then this morning he sent out an email telling us to stay home.  I like that guy! 

I'll work on school stuff from home as required since this is a paid workday.  Kids will do their "snow packets" that were sent home.

Makayla worked last night so I drove her to work because of the snowy roads then picked her up later.  She evaluated my driving ability.  When I slowed down when the traffic light turned yellow then stopped on red, she thought I could've made it through the light.  She told me I was a bad driver.:roll:  I was kind of sick at my stomach realizing she would have gone for it.:shocker!:  I'm surprised I still have hair and that it is not grey.

Run report later...
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2018-01-17 7:33 AM
ya know kids....

I am glad she is feeling better enough to comment on your driving. : pbbt:

it's a good day to have off. summer will never be here
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-01-17 10:59 AM
I should edit to add that I probably could have made it through the yellow light, but I've  become more cautious in my old age.  My 18 year old girl keeps me young.  I don't know what I'm going to do when she goes off to college in the fall.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-01-17 11:03 AM
Do you have red light cameras?
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-01-17 11:13 AM
Some areas do, but where we were yesterday does not.  I need to mention that to Makayla.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2018-01-17 4:18 PM
:hug::hug::hug:
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2018-01-17 7:34 AM
It's a balmy 17* and snowing.

looks like about an inch of that annoying white stuff. I am so over it

going out to run in it in a minute. or so....
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-01-17 7:39 AM
super geel.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-01-17 11:00 AM
I'm over it too.  One day of snow per winter is enough.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-01-17 7:38 AM
How much colder?  Don't tempt the fates!  We are 2 below with windchill 16 below.  This is day 12 of below zero when on average there are 11.  Surprisingly I'm not tired of it yet.  With the frigid cold comes intense sunshine and I'd rather have that than warm and dreary.

I have the house set at 64 which I used to think was impossibly cold.  Now, I'm used to it.  Long underwear and wool socks are my friends.  Lee is quite uncomfortable when he comes home from work though.  His office is set at 75.  I'd expire in that heat.

I've previewed today's yoga practice and it is the toughest yet.  But we are on day 16 so it should be getting tough.  Doggie dearest and I will do a typical mile hike at the park.  Stay warm and safe everyone.  Make some soup.:happy:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-01-17 7:42 AM
The cold weather wimp here is planning to go out for a power walk this afternoon.  The sun should be out and the temps should be higher.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-01-17 11:05 AM
Soup sounds good.  I was careful not to complain about my -7 windchill here knowing you were probably facing colder air.  The sun was shining bright yesterday and made being outdoors kind of nice for a cold winter day.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2018-01-17 4:19 PM
64 is too cold for me during the day. I go up to about 68 day and 61 at night.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-01-17 8:29 AM
This is entertaining and shows you how Texans cope with the cold.  We even coined our own hashtag #aydiosfrio18

http://www.mysanantonio.com/lifestyle/article/San-Antonio-wins-the-Internet-with-hilarious-12502325.php
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-01-17 11:07 AM
:laugh: You all be careful down there and don't get frostbite.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-01-17 11:10 AM
That was scary with the big rig sliding back down the hill.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2018-01-17 4:19 PM
we saw on the news. stay home texas. it bad
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-01-17 11:24 AM
Snow day for me.  I'm taking the day off.   I wanted to run this morning in the snow.  But I failed.  My feet failed me giving me fits.  Got a block or so and turned back.   :mutmad:  Have chiro this afternoon.  I will have him hammer and laser them. 

E-A-G-L-E-S   Loving the news this week with Eagles championship game filling much of the time.  Went shopping for new Eagles sweatshirt last night.  It's getting slim pickings.

Code Purple tonight.  The UofD dining halls have started providing the evening meal.  It's not left overs.  Great looking meals.  The guys enjoy it. 

Tom in DE
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2018-01-17 4:20 PM
YES! I am excited. man o man I  hope we win.

I can't imagine living on the streets
Parent - - By Ron274 [us] Date 2018-01-18 8:46 PM
Our Bible study group ( some non- football friends ) wanted to make our study on Saturday. Ah, excuse me, but the Eagles are playing for the championship. I think the Lord would understand.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2018-01-19 6:17 AM
:hug: i hope he would :laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-01-17 4:20 PM
My friend and I bundled up and went out for a 3.5 mile PW.  It was a bit nippy but we were fine once we started.

This morning I did my 50 second plank and 2 pushups.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2018-01-17 4:21 PM
go girl!
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2018-01-17 4:22 PM
5 miles and 30 minutes of tony Horton abs thingy. interesting.

sun came out right after I finished my run. whatever. made clearing the driveway nice.
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-01-17 7:00 AM Edited 2018-01-17 7:25 AM
Good morning

That is very cold!  How long will your cold spell last?  Ours should be improving today.  Sunny and temps should rise to the high thirties.  Next week looks even better.

How do you heat your house?  Propane?  Natural Gas? Electric?

Stay warm and safe.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-01-17 7:05 AM
It's supposed to warm up to 30 tomorrow then into the 40s for the weekend.  We have electric.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-01-17 7:41 AM
I just saw on the local paper's website that Texas may have rolling blackouts to ensure everyone has power.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2018-01-17 4:22 PM
:shocker!::shocker!:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wednesday - How much colder will it get?