Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Monday - 1/15
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-01-15 8:31 AM
Looks like everyone is hiding on Monday.

What's Up?
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-01-15 8:35 AM
I don't have much of an interest in the NFL playoffs now that Buffalo is out, but I had the games on yesterday while doing other stuff like reading. The end of the Vikings-Saints game was a classic for all time. I am enjoying watching all the reactions people had when the Vikings scored to win on the last play of the game in the most improbable manner.

Today though, it is back to the grindstone. Some days it seems tougher than others after 32 years of grinding the same stone.

Before work, I went to the gym for an easy 3 miles on the treadmill.  17° and enough light snow to make everything slippery so running outside didn't seem like a smart idea.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-01-15 8:50 AM
My brother-in-law is a huge Vikings fan.  He posted the big play on FB. 

I told myself a couple of times on my outdoor run this morning that running in the dark on snow while weaving in and out of ice and gently running on some icy spots was probably not a good idea.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-01-15 10:21 AM
not a good idea, but probably a little bit of fun.:happy:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-01-15 10:21 AM
32 years grinding that same stone.......
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-01-15 12:34 PM
Dave
I think you are a very special person.  You seem to be such an unselfish person.  Actually I think the Masters forum has a great group of individuals.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-01-15 8:45 AM
We are out of school for MLK holiday, but we would have been out anyway.  There is still a lot of ice and snow on the roads.  I ran early this morning while it was still dark and my headlamp helped me to see icy patches.  I usually had a trail of pavement to run, but a few spots were bad.  I ran 8 miles. 

We are supposed to get maybe 3-4 inches of more snow this afternoon.  Our school district does non-teaching instruction days that is allowed by the state.  Students have homework packets to complete when we miss up to 5 days of school so we don't have to make up those days.  We can miss 5 days and still get out in May on schedule. 

Halfway through January.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-01-15 10:09 AM
What kind of headlamp do you have?

I have a couple types but I recently saw some that are rechargeable through a USB cable and I am tempted to get one.

I have a small, light weight one that uses the flat, thin, round batteries and is bright enough to get by.  Then I have a heavier one that is a bit uncomfortable for me. It is brighter and uses regular AAA batteries. This is the kind you see at the checkout counters at Lowes and Home Depot.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-01-15 11:51 AM
I don't know the brand.  It's not uncomfortable, takes three AAA batteries and good enough for the roads.   I picked it up at Walmart a few years ago.  The downside with it is after about 4-5 hours of use, I notice it's not nearly as bright.  But, I run for long sections without turning it on since I can often see enough.  I mostly use it so drivers will see me.  If I ran trails in the dark more often I would get one a little brighter.  I might need to look into the rechargeable ones myself.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-01-15 12:33 PM
I can't believe the month is almost over!

Good job on the 8 miles considering the winter conditions.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-01-15 10:20 AM
Yesterday was the first time this season I watched a whole football game.  Oh, except I did walk Misha in the 3rd quarter.  Anyway, with 2 minute warning I went to the kitchen, made myself a sandwich, washed the dishes, packed my husband's lunch, fed the dog, and went back to the TV and the dang game STILL wasn't over.  So I saw the last play.:grin:

I would usually not cheer for the Vikings but made an exception yesterday since the Bears are years away from playoff contention.

We got 4" of snow overnight and now are expecting a Siberian Express to drop temps below zero again.  And 40mph winds, drifting, dangerous windchills.  I walked Misha an hour before sunrise to take advantage of no wind and cavort in the snow without the threat of much traffic.  

Yoga, and maybe arms and abs depending upon what today's yoga routine turns out to be.  And then 1 or 2 more dog walks.  The heck with the weather forecaster's Siberian Express; I live full time with one.: pbbt:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-01-15 12:32 PM
I was so excited to see the Vikings win!  And only because #89 David Morgan is a former UTSA football player!
Parent - - By DottieO Date 2018-01-15 11:25 AM
We are on the train. Ready to leave for NYC in 1 minute.

Aaand we’re off!

:grin:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-01-15 12:32 PM
Enjoy NYC!
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-01-15 11:59 AM
The Hurt 100 in Oahu, HI was going on during the missile warning in Hawaii.  Haven't seen much yet on whether it effected the runners or not. Didn't see anything on Rick's Facebook page.  I only saw one story and the people in that story continued on without doing anything different.  They were waiting for confirmation and eventually the message came through that there was no missile.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-01-15 12:31 PM
That was terrible.  I hope they weren't affected.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-01-15 12:31 PM
Good afternoon my friends!

I have returned from my 4.5 mile PW with my friend and did my 50 second plank and 2 push ups.  But the best part of the day?  Came home and my son was on the phone!  Oh I don't care what the weather is like outside, hearing my son's voice makes my whole day brighter!

My husband just made a delicious asparagus soup for lunch.

Have a good Monday!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-01-15 1:25 PM
great day!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-01-15 7:07 PM
:hug::hug:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-01-15 7:11 PM
Well the whole City and surrounding areas are shutting down tomorrow.  Schools and colleges are closed.  We are supposed to get ice/sleet tonight and tomorrow morning.

My husband went to the store this afternoon and he said it was a zoo!

This is an art piece that we passed on our walk today.  http://www.artalfresco.org/foundations.html   I find the name entertaining "Foundation of the Doo dah!"

Oh and my town had a MLK March this morning. We had no idea why there were so many people at the plaza and parking was hard to find.  Well they had about 100 marchers and they marched for 1.3 miles.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Monday - 1/15