Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Pre MLK,Jr. Day, ThisComng Monday, but today is Sunday, 1/14
- - By rungear [us] Date 2018-01-14 12:12 AM Edited 2018-01-14 12:18 AM
We do have many MLK.Jr. Day celebrations in our area, How about yours?

I will be logging a 5 mile PW in Alameda after the Oakland event, I am attending/working as a EBRP volunteer.

The EBRP District plays a very critical role in providing so many beautiful parks in Alameda and Contra Costa Counties.

See ya
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-01-14 7:37 AM
Good morning!

San Antonio has a very large MLK march. If I am not mistaken, I thought it was one of the biggest in the country.  I hope the weather holds out for them.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-01-14 8:17 AM
Thanks for the daily Jim.  I think the only MLK celebrations here are in the elementary schools and then a small one at the YWCA.  Probably small celebrations because the weather is too nasty this time of year to be out and about.

-2* at 6am.  I've resorted to walking the dog in ski pants rather than pulling on 4 layers.  Hey, at least my ski clothes get some use!

I'm headed to Amy's late morning (church last night because it was a balmy 14*) and will try to talk her into lunch at the bakery.  Neat place; staffed by people with disabilities.  Their slogan is "Baking a Difference".  And the soup of the day is broccoli cheddar.   Sounds warming and wonderful.

Still too cold to run so I will fit day 13 of the yoga challenge in there somewhere.  Yesterday's was killer - I hope today's is a bit softer.  And I'm reading some chic lit called "Four Friends".  The pages are flying by and I'm really enjoying it.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-01-14 3:50 PM
Snow and ice are still on the roads.  Some roads are clear, some partially, a few not at all.  We canceled church service.  Wise idea.  I got up at 4:00 and read for about 90 minutes, then fell back asleep on the couch. 

I ran 3 miles late this morning.  So cold.  Ran slow on unavoidable ice patches. 

Makayla needed to visit Lee's Chicken to check on her work schedule for the week.  She could have called, but she wanted to get out and graciously insisted that her and I go to a nearby IHOP.  So that's what we did.  Very few diners at IHOP.

No MLK celebrations here.  Not even at my school unless kids do something in their individual classrooms.  I think the city of Louisville has some public celebrations, but I've never gone.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-01-14 4:03 PM
Except for a 7 minute "strength workout for runners" this has been a rest day.

I tried to go top a MLK event in Huntington yesterday but when I got there the place was empty. I still haven't figured out what I did wrong.
Parent - By DottieO Date 2018-01-14 7:05 PM
We toured the Natural History Museum and the rest of the American History Museum and some of the National Gallery today. We had a fabulous dinner (tapas) at a restaurant called Barcelona. Fun day. Tomorrow we take the train to NYC for a quick 2-day visit.

We walked a total of 103,489 steps this week :shocker!:

Actually, I’m hoping we get out of here before the MLK stuff happens asi imagine it will be a traffic nightmare.

:grin:
- - By rungear [us] Date 2018-01-14 12:18 AM
Parent - By Ron274 [us] Date 2018-01-14 2:43 PM
Wow, your weather is murder. A balmy 50 something here in Central FL. Church this morning and the rest of the day being lazy and watching playoff football. A tough decision with the Steelers vs. Jaguars. From Pa. But new home is Florida. :wtf: need new faces in the championships so I'll root for the Jags.
Have a good weekend everyone. Run safe.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Pre MLK,Jr. Day, ThisComng Monday, but today is Sunday, 1/14