Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday Coffee at Rob's house. (1/13/18)
- - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-01-13 6:37 AM
I understand that Karen, MarkH, Pam, Deb, Dottie, Jane and a few others are already there.:wink:

So what dish to pass are you taking to Rob's?  And what is today's workout?  And of course, what's your weather?

Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-01-13 6:41 AM
I'm bringing a pan of brownies since chocolate and coffee are made for each other.  Now, if google, or Alexa, or Siri can come up with directions to Rob's I'd be all set.

Just like last Saturday I'm out of groceries and library books.  Fortunately both places are on the same block so I only have to warm the car up once.  We're at 2* and I'm not even checking the windchill.  Misha needs a walk but I'm waiting for sunrise.  I need some yoga.  And our neighbor with a hip replacement needs some company.   so that's my day.

Happy Saturday all.  If you have nasty weather stay in.  Unless you're Mike.  Then keep the streak alive.
Parent - By DottieO Date 2018-01-13 7:09 AM
I could make him mad and bring something from “Starsux” as we have a full-on cafe in our hotel, but we also have a lovely bakery a few doors down with the best carrot muffins I’ve ever had :wink:

We are having so much fun! Danny’s son works for the Sec of Defense so we get to see him and his gf most evenings. The weather is so much warmer here, averaging 60 degrees warmer than in Maine. We’ve toured many museums and all of the monuments. Our first day we logged over 26K steps!

Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-01-13 7:14 AM
Good morning!

Well let me take some pan dulce and Abuelita's Hot chocolate.  That is perfect for a cold day and some chatting with friends.  Dottie is sightseeing in DC so she may be at Rob's house.

We are scheduled for a nice sunny weekend.  Now next week, the forecast is to be wet and dreary.

My workout goal is 5 out of 7 days and I have done that already.  Since I am in the step challenge, I do try (and have been successful so far) in meeting the 10k daily goal.  Our town is hosting it's monthly weekend vendor/craft sale at the Main Plaza.  So I may venture out there with some of my friends.

I wanted to attend Mass this evening but we have been invited to a friend's house for dinner.

Enjoy your Saturday all!
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-01-13 9:23 AM
Sausage balls sound good to me right now so I'll bring some of those.

I woke up early today. Winter storm Dud left us a dusting of snow so I got my shovel out of storage for nothing. Poor thing hasn't been used in 2 years. After some coffee and a bit of reading I decided to go to the gym and run a few on the treadmill. I told Cindy I was going and she mentioned something about going to a seminar in Huntington. I drove to the gym and started on the TM all the while having this nagging thought that I should drive Cindy to the seminar. Her vision is still cloudy from the cataract surgery. I stopped after a mile to call and ask he if she'd like a ride and she said yes. I hopped in the car and buzzed home.

I took a few minutes at home to switch from shorts to winter gear. I dropped Cindy off downtown and then headed over to a park and ran another 3.14 miles. It was 18° and cloudy. It didn't feel that cold though and I had a good run.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-01-13 11:55 AM
I got up at 4:00 this morning, read with a cup of coffee, and enjoyed the quiet.  We got about 3 inches of snow.  I postponed my usual early morning run until 11:00.  I ran 5 miles all on snow/ice.  There is no pavement showing even on main roads.  I never had any trouble with footing, but I took it easy and tried to run on the snow that was covering the ice. 

I'm going to get out in a little bit to shovel some snow at the church building.  We may even cancel service tomorrow morning.  The afternoon sun may break up lot of ice on the roads, but they are a mess right now.  Not complaining.  I like the first snow day of the season.:happy:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-01-13 3:45 PM
I have been hungry all day since reading about all the treats that are being brought to Rob's house!  I want pancakes, sausage balls, brownies, etc!
- - By Ron274 [us] Date 2018-01-13 9:26 AM
A race report, sort of. Well, this was the first race I have participated in since my last Ultra in 2014. The " Running Of The Squares " is a 3 race series her in the Villages. Each one starts and finishes at one of our three town squares. About 300 runners for today's start at Sumter Landing Square. A closed course along palm tree lined roads. Since Jean andcI were doing run / walks out times were no where near what we used to do. :roll: But that's okay, majority of the folks only walked the course. Checked my time, and yikes, a 40:41 and 20 of 22 in the 70 -74 age bracket. Guess I better stick to endurance cycling. :wink:
Football for the rest of the day. Goooo Eagles.
Run safe everyone.
Parent - By Ron274 [us] Date 2018-01-13 12:21 PM
Gee! I forgot to bring something to Rob's. I know he loves pancakes and starsux so how about those? :roll:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday Coffee at Rob's house. (1/13/18)