Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Friday Dailies are Here
- - By judyruns Date 2018-01-12 7:39 AM
Post as you wish. :grin:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-01-12 7:40 AM
Thursday I dashed out to the park and thence out the trail for 50 minutes. It was wonderful to have the warmer temperature! I also saw my favorite sweet little dog since it was warmer for her to be out.
Today I have hours of volunteer work to do at the library. There is lots of sorting to be done. I may try to dash out to the park in a few minutes before we go.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-01-12 7:47 AM
Sorting will be good exercise if the books are heavy.:laugh: Enjoy the outside runs while the weather is warmer.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-01-12 12:50 PM
Oh, we sorted really ancient books that were in awful condition. They were all heavy! The arms and shoulders get a workout.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-01-13 6:07 AM
Yeah for a warm(er) weather run!
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-01-12 7:46 AM
I rode on the trainer for 40 minutes. Last night I did some modified push-ups, plank, and bridge to build up strength. I made the mistake of letting the pups stay in the room, never again. They started wrestling the banging into me. Today I have a later start, but tomorrow I have a family training session at 8:00. I'm thinking of dropping that case because I don't like family training and the mom's hours and mine just don't work lately. I hate having to get up early on a Saturday. No other plans this weekend, other than paperwork, cleaning, and knitting.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-01-12 12:39 PM
Good ride and workout! Yes, I would put all animals out of the room if I was using machinery like a trainer or a TM.

Family training? Good luck.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-01-13 6:08 AM
Training a whole family sounds exhausting on a Saturday morning.  Hopefully they can find an alternative.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-01-12 8:14 AM
I made it to the gym ran 2 miles and did some weights and abs. I was not loving getting up at 4:15 but it was a necessary evil. I have slacked on weights and abs over the holidays which always makes me feel soft and wimpy. Can't have that.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-01-12 12:38 PM
Sometimes you have to get up that early. And you are NOT soft and wimpy!
Parent - - By swandive [us] Date 2018-01-12 10:46 AM
I ran 5.5 or so.  It was rather warm and rainy this morning, but is supposed to get windy and cold later on.  I spent the night at A's last night, so I had sidewalks to run on this morning. :happy:  A is hopefully being discharged soon...
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-01-12 12:38 PM
Sorry she is still in. At least you could spend the night at her place rather than in a chair in the hospital room or in the waiting lounge.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-01-13 6:06 AM
Glad you could squeeze in a run.:hug:
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-01-12 12:22 PM
Whoo. Did yoga class yesterday (the new class started this week, after a break over the holidays), and put on armor last night and did some smiting. I got a lesson in greatsword from one of the local smiters, which was awesome!, and also fought 8-9 bouts with two of T-bone's squires, Niall (the guy I have been running with) and Cormac.

I was feeling nice and spry, and was bending my knees appropriately and moving well, but I wear about 40 lbs of armor. Just WALKING in armor will wear me out at this point, and fighting in it is even harder, so I have limited endurance at the moment. Last night I got halfway into a bout with Cormac, had him in a defensive position and was poised to defeat him when I realized my leg muscles were toast. So I yielded to him, explained I was toast, and stopped fighting for the night. It was exactly the right call; my knee was achy today, but not in a bad way. I pushed it just to that point where it was working hard, but didn't go over the edge into "too much". Yay, me.

Plan for today is to hit the pool for a bit; not much else.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-01-12 12:37 PM
Good call on stopping when you realized your muscles had had enough.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-01-13 6:32 AM
I was toast at a40 lbs of armor.:shocker!:
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-01-12 12:37 PM
3.6 this morning. RN is off today since she gets every other Friday off and this is one, so I ran solo. We're seeing the same guy many mornings, always running the same route, and he always shouts "Good job!" as we pass. Not sure if he thinks we're in a race or he thinks he should encourage the newbies. (Which we are not...) No gym today because I have to leave at 2, I have an eye appointment at 4 PM.

Still hanging in there for Dry Veganuary. I'm not sure I will make it all the days, I have a business trip coming up before January is over, but I can try.
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-01-12 1:54 PM
Sounds nice that he is being supportive. That's the kind of thing that makes me smile when I am out running. :happy:

Dry Veganuary...I am rooting for you!
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-01-13 6:34 AM
I hope you can find some workarounds for your business trip. I read your post on nutrition yesterday. I think that plan sounds very interesting. I'm a believer in WW and think most other plans are just bandaids. (That wasn't what I was originally going to say, but I edited.)
Up Topic Communities / Women / Friday Dailies are Here