Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Freezing Rain Friday RTTs
- - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-12 6:03 AM
Freezing rain/ice has closed most of Indy this morning
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-12 6:11 AM
Originally school system was on a 2 hour delay so daycare was open. But then they changed to school system closed and daycare closed. hope no kids were there already.  I wasn't going to test the icy road even though we live close. I thought i might take him in after nap time if roads cleared but it sounds like it will be getting worse as the morning goes on.

my cold has gotten worse, i can't breathe out of the left side of my nose and my cough is super gross.  Going to be a fun day

Supposed to go to a client meeting this afternoon. I'm sure it will be cancelled but even if it wasn't I'm not going now. Guess i get my comfy clothes Friday after all.

Thank goodness daycare is open on Monday (MLK day) - I want to actually get the 5 days of daycare i'm paying for haha

Worked out twice this week, guessing that is it until Monday. definitely not going for a run on icy/snowy streets

Having very vivid dreams with people I know in them lately. So odd
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-12 7:23 AM
Comfy clothes Friday are better when daycare is open:wink:

I hope the cold clears up. Winter colds and winter weather make for misery.:sad:

Great job working out!:cool:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-12 7:30 AM
Well, now that Tj is six he is officially "Handsome" and is no longer "Cute". I was informed this morning. He also said it was time for him to start dressing better so he put on grey slacks, white button down and a tie. (clip on). Brown loafers. I was informed he wanted more dress shirts.

Dude treated me like his secretary this morning 'informing' me of things needed and how things were to be. :laugh::laugh::laugh: Both Rip and I loved it. It was so cute, um, handsome. :laugh:

Got my hair trimmed and dyed two nights ago. I went in with a mind to chop it all off and do bangs. Never a good idea. Luckily I'm back to one color of hair and a clean trim. The hair is looking much better:happy:

It is POURING right now.

Boss has the flu. Hoping I don't get it.

Accounting class starts again today. I'm taking computerized accounting this semester. I've worked on Quickbooks for more than 10 years. So what program will they be using for the first time this semester? Sage. Literally the first time they changed from Quickbooks. :roll: But at least I'll have experience in more than one computer program now.

Chuck E. Cheese party tomorrow at 3:happy:
Atlanta Falcons playoff tomorrow at 4:35. Luckily We won't miss much of the game. :cool:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-12 7:35 AM
I’m sure having the knowledge of different software programs will be a great asset in the future. Take advantage of any opportunity like that that you can.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-12 7:40 AM
Yup. And hey, it might be better than Quickbooks. :happy:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-12 8:29 AM
TJ is too cute, errrr handsome.

It would be nice to coast through class on software you already know but yea learning another could be good
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-12 9:28 AM
Yeah, i was annoyed but yeah, it will be nice to see other systems. And maybe they are better than QB. Who knows!
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-12 7:55 AM
--We didn’t get as much crummy weather as they thought we would so that was good. Roads were slick for just a brief time.

--Paid our new insurance yesterday so that is taken care of until next January.

--My sister made a picture video for the service tonight. It has over 100 pictures on it. Then, my nieces made a huge collage on this display board of a bunch of other pictures and then they put together one of all the newspaper articles with my dad when he was doing the big renovation on the bank building. They're really nice. :hug:

--People have been so incredibly kind thru all of this. My mom said one lady brought by a cobbler and several liters of soda. She had had her child in her daycare for a year but that 25 years ago. She didn’t know her outside of that.

--My dad’s estranged sister will be here. I had contacted her because I thought it was only right she knew what happened. She was appreciative that I had got in touch with her and wanted to know when arrangements would be so that she could come back. No one really thought she would (she lives in CA, not in the best health) but yesterday she called me to see if there might be someone who could give her a ride back to her friend’s house in Monett after the services. She’s an odd lady but I think I did the right thing. This means a lot to her.

--I got my P-5-P in the mail the other day so I’ve started taking that for my trigger thumb and I also got a pound of turmeric that I’ve been making a paste for and applying to the affected area. It’s helping. My plan is to be symptom free by the time I see (or don’t see) the hand surgeon. : pbbt:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-12 8:04 AM
100% think you did the right thing by getting in contact with your estranged aunt. Good for you!

What is P-5-P? Is this a cure or just temporary relief?

:hug::hug:I'm so so sorry for your loss.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-12 8:19 AM
P-5-P is Pyridoxal Phosphate which is an active form of B6. According to this doctor, who I’ve been reading a lot of literature by, people with carpal tunnel and/or trigger thumb and finger have a deficiency of this. He claims 68% of his patients were relieved of symptoms by taking it. It’s worth a try. I swear the turmeric paste is helping too. It just stains my hand, thumb and nail yellow. :laugh:

Thank you. :hug:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-12 9:29 AM
Well if a supplemental pill or even paste would fix it then AWESOME!
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-12 8:31 AM
the photos will be nice to see and a good memory to have

Hope all is ok with the estranged aunt. i mean I'm guessing she estranged for a reason

What is P-5-P
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-12 8:31 AM
nm on p5p I see above
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-12 12:47 PM
The funeral home posted a link to a video to view all the pictures. Pretty cool.
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Freezing Rain Friday RTTs