Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Racers: On your mark, get set, reply 'em...
- - By IB Date 2018-01-11 12:27 PM
If you're racing this weekend or during the coming week, let everyone know about it!

Race name / distance

Date

Goals
Parent - - By IB Date 2018-01-18 9:57 AM
Perhaps this week we can put this to use?
Parent - - By IB Date 2018-01-18 11:48 PM
This is something of a race & an interesting concept. From Strava:  "That's Fine Track Club is hosting a race up Tunnel Road this Sunday -- it's a 3 mile ascent of about 5% grade. A few of us are interested in going; here's more info from Sam Robinson for anyone else who'd like to join!"

It's an open course and the idea is to push the Strava CR. Four guys from TFTC sit within the top five. I follow all of them and look forward to meeting them. Hoping not to embarrass myself too much, perhaps I can prevent another DFL.  :grin:  Whatever ends up happening I am going to go and have some fun!
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-01-19 5:18 AM
That sounds like a lot of fun.  It really does!  I will have a race to post about next week. It's a tough time of year for races.
Parent - - By IB Date 2018-01-21 7:49 PM
DFL - 1st 50-59 (maybe first masters runner)
Parent - - By foggydoggy [us] Date 2018-01-22 2:35 PM
You were in very fast company clearly!
Parent - By IB Date 2018-01-22 3:46 PM
Yep it was another run where I was out of my league. Crazy fast guys. There were 12 of us and 11th place was exactly four minutes faster on a 3.0 mile segment, 1st place was 7:42 faster! Granted I probably have two decades on all of them, maybe one or two of them were in their early 30's but I think the vast majority were in their 20's.
Parent - By foggydoggy [us] Date 2018-01-22 2:40 PM
DSE Marina Green 5K on marina green.

Getting over being sick so just ran because Natalie wanted to.  Felt lousy and finished slower than I've been running lately.  But it was a beautiful day and at least I got some mileage in.  Again I got beaten by Hugo the dog but not by quite as much as last time.  One of these days I'm gonna kick his furry butt. (Hugo is very nice and both he and his person are obviously quicker than I)

thanks
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Racers: On your mark, get set, reply 'em...