Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Thursdailies Have Begun
- - By judyruns Date 2018-01-11 8:34 AM
Post as you wish. :happy:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-01-11 8:36 AM
Wednesday was a much warmer day so out I went to run in the park. It had been scraped down to the asphalt so it wasn’t bad footing at all. I did 60 minutes. It feels so much more like a lot of effort is used by my whole skeleton. Very different from the track.
Today will be the grocery after an outside run. Gotta take advantage of our 2 warmer days.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-01-11 10:37 AM
Good for the bones to run outside -- yes you are working more when you're on an uneven surface, even asphalt or concrete is more varied than the track.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-01-11 2:15 PM
Our track is highly rubberized so there is some bounce to the step. : pbbt:
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-01-11 12:55 PM
Outside is so much nicer. Enjoy your warmer weather!
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2018-01-11 9:56 AM
I haven't been posting but I have been working out with my trainer 3 days a week.  We've started to add in cardio after the sessions.  This is a good next step for me.

Except I stepped wrong on Tuesday while doing lunges, and now my upper quad/hip flexor is SCREAMING.  I can walk mostly fine, but I cannot go up or down stairs without feeling like someone has stabbed me.  Today we did everything to avoid needing that muscle during weights.  I'm applying Advil.  Might ice, but it feels like it might be too deep for ice to be effective.  I guess getting hurt was bound to happen eventually.  :(
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-01-11 10:36 AM
Oww on the muscle that was pulled. Sorry.

Great that you have been following a routine!
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-01-11 12:54 PM
I hope you heal quickly.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-01-11 2:24 PM
Sorry about the hurting muscle. It's really hard to deal with that part of the body. It assists in moving almost everything.:hug:
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-01-11 12:53 PM
Rest day. Too many of them lately. Yesterday I got the steroid shot in my back and I don't think it did much. Maybe things will improve. I rode the trainer on Monday and Tuesday and did core work on Monday. I must do more of that. Wednesday I was exhausted so skipped my workout. Thursdays I have a student at 6:007:00, and then another one at 8:45, so no time to fit in a ride. Yesterday I took a nap after the injection, but I'm still tired. Tomorrow I get to sleep later and will either try running or bike again.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-01-11 2:21 PM
Hope the steroid shot will help. You have already worked hard earlier in the week. If you feel you need rest, by all means do it! :hug:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-01-11 4:40 PM
Sometimes you need rest days, and right after getting a steroid shot is a good time to take one.
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-01-11 4:10 PM
nice, just strenuous enough yoga practice, then 2.7 miles on the trail. Meant to do 4, but due to melting snow and slick leaves, I had a big wipeout and called it a day. Still felt great to be out there.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-01-11 4:16 PM
Great workouts, but are you ok after the wipeout? Those things take a toll sometimes!:hug::hug:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-01-11 4:40 PM
Oww on the wipeout. Hope you are OK.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-01-11 6:09 PM
Thanks friends! I'm fine but I will likely have a HUGE bruise on my upper thigh!
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-01-11 6:57 PM
Do you do a yoga video? Be careful running on the slick leaves.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-01-12 11:20 AM
yoga with Adriene on youtube- doing her 31 days of yoga challenge. Loving it! She is great.
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-01-11 10:35 AM
3 this morning. I wok up, dozed off again, then RN texted to ask if I was running. Got up, stumbled through my routine, and headed out, caught up with her after she made her turnaround and was coming back and ran back with her. So 3 because I didn't quite make the 3.2 turnaround. She was pleased to get the 4. Mind you, she realized halfway through her run that her prep was faster than usual because she forgot to take out her mouthguard and brush her teeth.

Aiming for the gym today since I didn't make it yesterday. We had a 1:30 PM webinar on women's issues in the company, broadcast into the boardroom. I figured since it was a women's resource group thing that I could bring my knitting to work on during the call since it's a pink hat. Now a number of colleagues want a pink hat!
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-01-11 12:55 PM
How can you forget a mouthguard?
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-01-11 4:41 PM
No clue. But remember it is 4 AM. Sometimes we are lucky we remember to put on shorts. Both of us have forgotten keys, vests, and phones (not usually in the same run).
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-01-11 2:20 PM Edited 2018-01-11 2:22 PM
Great work on the 3 miler. I also have a mouthguard. It relaxes the jaws so much that you can forget you have it in. :laugh:
:grin: regarding the pink hat.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-01-11 4:13 PM
between the in conference knitting, the early am running, and all of the millions of other things you do - I am so awed by your productivity!
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-01-11 4:41 PM
6.21 on the TM.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-01-11 6:58 PM
Are you still quilting?
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-01-12 12:41 PM
I haven't for a while, but I would like to start again. I have a ton of stash that needs to be used. I just want to finish DD's second sock, and get a couple of hats made, then I think I will start cutting out pieces. DD's beloved green and white Carpenter's Wheel is so tattered that it needs replacing, it's well beyond any hope of repair, and I haven't made one for DSBF. And I think Dear Niece and her boyfriend might be thinking about making it permanent, so there would be a wedding quilt to be made...
Up Topic Communities / Women / Thursdailies Have Begun