Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Taking more DNA Thursday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-11 8:27 AM
:happy:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-11 8:43 AM
--Got the DNA kit for Meadow so did that last night and will drop it in the mail this morning.

--My sister and her kids and my nephews all finally arrived Tuesday morning/afternoon. My sister and her kids missed their connection and got stuck overnight in Denver and my nephews go re-routed from Chicago to Columbia due to fog. Got to Columbia and couldn’t land there either due to fog so they flew them back to Chicago. :roll: Cost my brother $270 to put the boys up in a hotel. Sheesh!

--Services for my dad tomorrow night. :hug: His cousin is going to play the organ and my sister n law and I are going to each say some things and then just let whoever wants to say something speak. Trying to keep it laid back and informal.

--Farm Bureau canceled our insurance over the wood heat. Whatever. I wasn’t too keen on the agent himself or the whole political agenda of the company. Probably just as well. Took me less than 24 hours to get new coverage. It’s a bit more expensive but it’s considerably more comprehensive. Plus, I feel a little more confident in the agent we’ll be using.

--Iowa ended up going to urgent care over his cough. Had no choice. We were worried it might be pneumonia. The medical clinic would not schedule him (well, not until May) because he hadn’t been in for 3 years (didn’t need medical care) so he’s considered a new patient. Now, if that isn’t effed up. Our medical system sucks.

--I need to run Gregg’s ultra this summer.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-11 9:23 AM
Yikes what travel nightmares. Where do your  nephews live - I thought your brother was nearby?

Sounds like a great plan for the memorial service. How is your mom doing?

wtf on the insurance
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-11 9:36 AM
My nephews live here but they went to Germany over the Christmas break to visit a friend. They were supposed to get back Monday night. We were trying to keep the news of my dad’s passing quiet until they got back so my brother and SIL could tell them in person. We didn’t want them hearing it via social media.

My mom is doing okay. She will be fine. She is very independent and social and has a lot of interests to keep her busy. Her neighbor has already told her he would be over there in the summer mowing for her. My brother or Randy can do that too. My dad always used to mow and do odd jobs for one of their other neighbors (she was a widow) so the favor is kind of being reciprocated by this neighbor. :hug:

Supposedly, Farm Bureau had a problem with the heat reclaimer on our wood stove. That should not have been a problem because it is a UL listed device. That is the certification insurance companies look for. The agent is old and half senile (really). He made FOUR trips to our place having to take measurements of everything and needing one thing or another. I was losing confidence in his ability as a whole. Like I said, it’s just as well.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-01-11 11:06 AM
Miss you guys
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-11 9:27 AM
I'm really losing my patience with B. This perfect storm of sick, teething, and tired is going to be the death of me in the evenings and morning. Thankfully he is sleeping ok

Forecast said ice/snow/whatever Friday into Saturday but now it seems it will be Friday during the day.  Of course it is on the day I have a client meeting for the first time in forever. I might just work from home and then cross my fingers the meeting gets cancelled or turned into a phone call.

Planning to go to the grocery for a diaper stock up deal I saw. Guess I'll pick up other stuff too so we don't need to go to the grocery this weekend.

I'm still sick, nothing bad just annoying. And headache on top of it although I don't know if it is just from baby frustration or sickness or what.

My workout clothes don't even fit me, I swear I'm wearing the stuff I wore at like 8 months pregnant right now.  smh

Coworker was raving about her new instant pot. I keep hearing people talk about them. I wonder if it is something that is worthwhile or is more of a new fad that you will forget to use a month from now.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-11 9:39 AM
We’re getting the ice/snow/whatever tonight and in to tomorrow morning. :meh:

I’m kind of :meh: on the instant pots. I’m a planner, who likes to cook, so trying to hurry to get a meal on the table is never an issue for me. I’m sure you’ll be seeing these things at garage sales like crazy in another 5-6 years. Kind of like bread makers once were. : pbbt:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-11 9:58 AM
yea that's what I'm thinking of too, people will buy them and then it will sit. It does seem like it might be useful for people who are typically rushing to get dinner on the table or don't plan enough for a crock pot.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-11 11:22 AM
:blush::blush:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-01-11 11:07 AM
I got Suzi one

I'm hoping for lots of hard boiled eggs and homemade yogurt  :wink:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-11 4:50 PM
I’m not running behind you.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-12 6:02 AM
:laugh:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Taking more DNA Thursday RTTs