Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Is it Thursday?
- - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-01-11 7:36 AM
Anyone running?
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-01-11 7:40 AM
Seriously. it is 70 degrees warmer here than a week ago.  What the heck?    Oh yeah, we go down below zero tonight.  No wonder Illinois roads are a mess; freeze and thaw, freeze and thaw.  Currently raining cats and dogs. ick.  Could I just have 20 degrees and sunny until March?

yoga today; yesterday's run warranted a heating pad on my hip.:sad:
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-01-11 10:58 AM
I guess you have to go out and clean up from all of those cats it is raining.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-01-11 12:08 PM
yep, I raked them up right before they were swept away down the storm sewer!:laugh:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-01-11 7:52 AM
Running around doing errands, that's the only running I'll be doing.

We too are on a weather rollercoaster ride.  Our nice sunny days are coming to an end.  Cold front moves in tonight and the forecast for next week is supposed to be wet and dreary.  Thank heavens I have a new workout video. 

Hope your hip feels better.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-01-11 9:27 AM
I like that kind of running.
Parent - - By rungear [us] Date 2018-01-11 9:09 AM Edited 2018-01-11 9:21 AM
I am.  4 Miles and the temp is 44 degrees.   Better weather than the Midwest and east but for us Californians, 44 is frigid cold!

See ya.

p.s. anyone dealing with "Bitcoin"?
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-01-11 9:31 AM
Illinois, one of the most fiscally goofed up states in the nation, is interested: https://news.bitcoin.com/united-states-of-bitcoin-illinois-gives-crypto-love-while-other-states-hate/

:shocker!:
Parent - - By rungear [us] Date 2018-01-11 3:02 PM
I am very interested, being daily stock trader, but I am too timid to jump in!   I don't have a clear understanding about Bitcoin, and so I am holding back, but I 'd like to start with not more then $1000!  So time will tell!

See ya later!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-01-11 3:14 PM
I think you may have missed the boat with this one.  Seems to me the people that really made money on this investment got in a while ago.  I wish you luck though.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-01-11 11:11 AM
Hoping to "run" again this afternoon or evening.  I did enjoy an early evening run the other day.  It was incredibly tranquil and I need some tranquility. 

Just came back from Perkins for breakfast with my honey.  It was supposed to be a free birthday breakfast but left the coupon on the desk at home.  Still good a few more days.  Had scrapple, eggs, hashbrowns and rye toast, all for $4.59.   Lynda had same.  They do a huge breakfast business. 

My brother has been in hospital 12 days.  He should be released soon.   They keep saying maybe "tomorrow".  He says it's like the sign   "Free Beer -- Tomorrow".  It has been a long ride.  They removed over 6 liters of fluid from chest cavity around lungs. 

Prepping for another round of code purple.  May be challenging finding volunteers on Saturday with Eagles in the playoffs. 

Tom in DE 

PS.  Good to see Ron again!!!:grin:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-01-11 12:09 PM
I'm so sorry about your brother.  Sounds like he has his sense of humor though.  I hope you get another tranquil run before full blown code purple hits.:hug:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-01-12 6:56 AM
Hope your brother is feeling better and released soon!
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-01-11 12:36 PM
Started the day by spending 2.5 hours at surgical center where Cindy had cataract surgery. Left eye today, right eye next month.
Then I went to Home Depot for some toilet parts and fixed my toilet which was running a lot and had a broken seat.
I also did some grocery shopping on the way back from Home Depot.  Baked chicken with baked potatoes for dinner tonight.

Then I had an uninspiring run.  30 minutes at the park. I had worked hard in my run last night and had nothing left today.  52 and light rain when I was out running, but it is 62 and sunny now.

And now unfortunately, I am back to work. I still have time to get a half day in.

The actual procedure Cindy had done took about 10 minutes but the check in, pre-op, and post-op stuff took the 2.5 hours.  They have a real assembly line going at this place.  Lots of folks being brought back and prepared, then rolled into and out of surgery.  Then whisked out the door.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-01-11 1:27 PM
assembly line surgery.  Henry Ford would be proud.   Sorry you had to go back to work.:sad:  Hope Cindy has no complications and heals quickly.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-01-11 3:36 PM
Cindy had 3 choices and took the top one (which I encouraged.) She shouldn't need glasses when it is over. I think she is actually getting new lenses implanted.  I can't read too much about it or I can pass out and fall on the floor.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-01-11 5:14 PM
My 88 yr old uncle recently had lenses implanted.  No trouble at all except that he had to have his girlfriend put the eye drops in for him.:grin:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-01-12 6:57 AM
My husband is having cataract surgery next month.  He goes for a pre-op visit next Friday.  His doctor said his vision should be fine after surgery.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-01-12 6:58 AM
Cindy said it was a breeze. but it makes me sick to think about it.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-01-11 1:17 PM
It is 60 today and freezing rain comes in tomorrow morning eventually changing over to snow.  Everyone is anticipating no school tomorrow.

Ran my normal 8 mile route this morning.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-01-11 1:26 PM
we are in the low 50's but school is on early dismissal.  They are calling for a 'flash freeze' which I understand happens if temps fall >40 degrees in an hour's time.  The drop is predicted around 3pm.  I pray all the kids get home from school before it happens.  And I also pray that Amy has the good sense to take it slow on her way out of work.

Will you stick with 8 if school is cancelled tomorrow?
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-01-11 2:43 PM
Those roads can freeze pretty fast!  I just found out that school is canceled for tomorrow.  Freezing rain early tomorrow morning with 3-5 inches of snow on top of the ice. 
The rain is supposed to begin when I usually run and it will be cold.  I will try to get in 8 at some point, but if I can't, then I'll run something shorter and that will be OK.

I worry about the same thing with Makayla driving.  She has yet to drive in any type of winter precipitation.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-01-11 3:38 PM
Our schools are letting out early but it has been on the schedule since the beginning. Some type of admin thing. Then they are off on Monday for Martin Luther King Day.

We are going to get a lot of rain tomorrow and then a switch to snow overnight into Saturday, but we are outside the areas of any watches or warnings.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Is it Thursday?