Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / January 2018 TTC/Preggo/PP
- - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2018-01-10 5:54 PM
How's everyone doing?
Parent - - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2018-01-10 5:54 PM
TTC
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-01-11 4:15 PM
well, got a very faint line on the ovulation strip today, so heading into my fertile time. Here's hoping!
Parent - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2018-01-12 12:25 PM
Good luck!!!!
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-01-12 12:42 PM
Fingers crossed. I got pregnant with DS the month after a miscarriage.
Parent - - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2018-01-10 5:54 PM
Preggo
Parent - - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2018-01-10 5:56 PM
36 weeks today! Everything is looking good. I'm getting weekly ultrasounds and NSTs at this point, due to the AMA guidelines that my office follows. It is not so bad and just means I get to see "baby sister" a little more.
Feeling like crap though. Doc put me on Zofran last week and it is making a difference. I could not stop puking last week and although I still am here and there in the mornings even with the Zofran it is way better.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-01-11 10:40 AM
Hang in there. Not too long now! So there's a chance of either a Groundhog Day or Valentine's Day baby?
Parent - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2018-01-12 12:17 PM
Yes! And we have a lot of family birthdays in there too:
MIL: 2/12
BIL (my sister's husband): 2/14
DH: 2/19

I don't think they'll let me go as long as DH's bday, but maybe one of the others! I was five days late with E, so that would put us right at MIL's b-day!
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-01-11 4:14 PM
yay yay!!! so close! (yet so far away)

you poor thing, with the nausea. I can't imagine battling that for my entire pregnancy. :hug:
Parent - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2018-01-12 12:18 PM
It's getting better, sort of...I'm still getting sick in the mornings but a dose of Zofran before getting out of bed seems to help. And the rest of the day is quite a bit better than it was!
Parent - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2018-01-15 12:50 PM
Yay! :grin::hug::happy:
Parent - - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2018-01-12 12:25 PM
Oh and we have no name. We really need to get better about talking about it...right now I have some names scribbled on a piece of paper and DH said he has some "on his computer."

The painters did come to do the nursery, we decided that was a better way to get it done at this point than trying to do it ourselves and I'm so glad we did. Now we can get everything set up in there and have stuff in place. I know she won't be "using" the room for awhile but it will be nice to have all her clothes, diapers, etc, where we want them!
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-01-12 12:43 PM
How did you decide on the name for E?
Parent - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2018-01-16 9:46 AM
Good question....I don't remember for sure! I think we just made a bunch of lists and narrowed them down until we got to a couple and then made the final decision in the hospital. I expect we'll go with a couple this time too.
Parent - By ironjen Date 2018-01-13 1:11 PM
If it makes you feel better we had no name for a girl (we didn't find out the sex) either time until we headed to the hospital to have the kids. And in the case of Amanda she was 4 weeks early so we were REALLY behind the 8 ball : pbbt:
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-01-16 9:26 AM
I'm glad you got the nursery done and have everything set to go!

I'm sure you'll figure out the name when the time comes! In time to get it on the birth certificate. :hug:
Parent - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2018-01-16 9:45 AM
We are setting up a bracket (think March Madness) to at least narrow it down from 16. So we are each going to pick our top 8 and go from there. We're just doing it for fun but maybe it will help!
Parent - - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2018-01-10 5:55 PM
PP
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2018-01-15 12:51 PM
Am I still considered PP if my baby is almost 18months? :cry: He has new words every day and we just weaned him off his bottle onto sippy cups, which was heartbreaking but we did it. He also gets sick about once a month thanks to daycare. But um yeah, he's a toddler not a baby but I still like posting in (and reading) this thread. :blush::hug:
Parent - - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2018-01-15 1:34 PM
Of course you still are! I plan on posting here when my kids are like in high school when I need help! Ha.
Glad to hear lil B is doing well. He is growing up! :wink:
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2018-01-16 8:24 AM
My babies are 13 and 10 (years) old. :mischief:  Keep reading and posting! :hug:
Parent - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2018-01-16 8:53 AM
:grin:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-16 9:07 AM
Awww 18 months, how fast time goes! Congrats on going from bottle to sippy cup!  I can't seem to get mine to drink milk from a sippy cup although he will at daycare. I need to cut out the before bed bottle but I'm just not ready for the fight.
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2018-01-16 9:41 AM
The fight is so upsetting I hope your BenMike just does it naturally because mine is still not happy with the change. (It's gotten way better, tho). :hug:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-16 11:27 AM
yea I dont have it in me to deal with the fight sometimes. I'm still nursing him in the morning because he is hangry and wants something within 30 seconds of waking up.
Parent - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2018-01-16 11:55 AM
Same but now instead of "baba" he gets delicious "cup" to push away :sad:
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-01-16 9:21 AM
my baby is almost 17 months, still nurses nonstop day and night, and I still get no sleep. :laugh::laugh: Good thing she is smart, adorable, funny, and does new and crazy stuff every day.  Life has never been so hectic or so fun!  can't believe we are going to add #2 (hopefully) to this madhouse!
Parent - - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2018-01-16 9:44 AM
Haha, we still get no sleep too!
Sunday night, E would NOT sleep. He had his first wake up very early and he was really upset so I felt bad for him and I just kept him in bed with me...big mistake! Then we were just annoying each other from like 10pm until 3am because he wanted to be right on top of me and touching my face (I didn't like that) and I kept repositioning him around my pillows and my belly (he didn't like that). Finally at 3am, DH awoke to me, sitting up on the side of the bed just holding E and we were both crying....DH took E away to one of the other bedrooms and I actually slept until almost 9am!

I was finally able to check in E's mouth to check his teeth and sure enough, the 2 back molars are finally halfway through. We've been waiting on these 2 year molars for a long time! Hopefully they finish coming in before baby arrives!

I'm impressed you are still nursing! We weaned around 17.5 months. I went away for a night with friends the first weekend after we stopped! (Of course I could have gone before but I was not down with pumping for social events, I did enough pumping when I had to with work!)
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-01-16 10:25 AM
gosh, your night sounds like so many of mine.

ah, weaning. Sounds nice... but P just will. not. stop. She loves the boob! I just keep telling myself that she will likely stop as my pregnancy progresses (which we're hoping will happen within the next few months). when I was pregnant this fall, my supply was definitely starting to drop. Came right back after the m/c though and P is loving it!  The climbing all over that you describe is exactly what she does to me, mainly because she's trying to cram a nipple in her mouth :laugh::cry:
Parent - - By Buggy [us] Date 2018-01-16 10:36 AM Edited 2018-01-16 10:41 AM
My DD was forced to wean when my milk dried up at the beginning of my second trimester with the twins. She was 21 months at the time. I have no doubt that had the milk not dried up, I would have been tandem nursing her with her brothers :laugh:

ETA - I think I only stopped producing because it was twins, so the pregnancy demand was high. I know many moms who were able to nurse all the way through a subsequent pregnancy. Don't assume P will stop on her own just because of pregnancy. :hug:
Parent - By newfmrs Date 2018-01-16 10:56 AM
DS1 nursed during my entire pregnancy. I was willing to tandem nurse but he didn't want to (he was down to only two a day anyway).  It did make nursing DS2 easier as I had no pain, etc I had when I started nursing the other little ones.
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-01-16 11:57 AM
I'm not assuming she will... I'm not going to force weaning.  If she still wants to nurse, I'll tandem nurse... but I'm still telling myself it could happen! (the pregnancy weaning that is :laugh:)
Parent - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2018-01-16 12:19 PM
Forced weaning is heartbreaking even when it's just a bottle. I don't recommend it.
Parent - - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2018-01-16 11:21 AM
Yeah, when I got pregnant and E was about 13 months, he cut way back for a week right at the beginning so I think my milk changed or tasted differently or something. Then he went right back to his usual, so he either got used to it or it changed back! I can't imagine going through a whole pregnancy and nursing!!
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-01-16 11:57 AM
we'll see how it goes :laugh::cry:
Up Topic Communities / Women / January 2018 TTC/Preggo/PP