Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Tuesday Here dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2018-01-09 7:29 AM
Yaaaaaaaaaay! We're back in force. :grin:
I've missed all of you!
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-01-09 7:30 AM
Monday I ran at home for 35 minutes.
Today DC and I are going out for errands but also to the gym. The temps finally went up to freezing. They have been awful and it’s been icy.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-01-09 7:32 AM
Outdoor workouts are hard right now. My treadmill and I are spending a fair amount of time together.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-01-09 8:35 AM
Good that you are staying inside to run in these conditions. Icy and below freezing temps is not a good thing for most runners and especially for small persons with little natural insulation or padding.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-01-09 7:32 AM
Wednesday: group run for a measly 3 very cold miles at 6:30 in the evening.

Thursday: squeezed in 3 on my TM at 7:30 because I knew I didn't want to run Friday.

Saturday was probably the highlight. Bitter cold but through many layers and the company of friends, I got out there and did 6.

Sunday: there were predictions of freezing rain but the temps were in 30s.  Our group run was at 7:30 and I managed to get out there and get in 4 before the the sleet came down about 8:30. Everyone made it back safely. Felt very lucky.

Monday: I got up ran 3.5 on the TM and then did weights at the gym Monday night.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-01-09 8:34 AM
The runs sound like they needed some skillful planning! Good for you for accomplishing all that and getting the group run done safely.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-01-09 9:18 AM
I've done better than usual running in the cold. Maybe I'm tougher than I used to be.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-01-09 6:45 PM
Runners are tough...period! :grin: Great work on the organizing, supporting and workouts!
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-01-09 7:57 AM
We're back finally!  Is this week over yet? :cry:  I ran 5.4 yesterday and 5.2 today.  I'm trying to front-load this week because Mom is having a cardiac cath tomorrow [and has to be at the hospital, an hour away, at 5am :meh:].  And A is in the hospital (a different hospital) all week because they're doing something that involves a lot of monitoring and adjusting and checking labs and stuff.  Mom was down with A all day yesterday, so I'm supposed to go down there today (and maybe tomorrow, and Thursday, and Friday...).  Oh, and I'm also demolishing a bathroom and replacing the exterior doors on the house, but it's hard to get anything done.  So I'm exhausted and stressed and not sleeping well but somehow I'm the one in the family who's in the best shape. :grin::meh:

Anyway, I somehow managed to have a pretty good run this morning, at least according to my watch.  It's cool and damp and my eyes are bothering me and I'm exhausted, but at least I had a fairly fast run. : pbbt:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-01-09 8:33 AM
Sorry, it's only Tuesday. Ugh on all the hospital chauffeuring and monitoring and the home projects.

Glad that the run was good, at least.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-01-09 8:37 AM
ugh, that is a lot. Strength to you! and awesome on the fast run!
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-01-09 6:47 PM
Sending you lots of strength vibes for all that family support. Great workouts! :grin:
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-01-09 8:41 AM
let's see... Saturday and Sunday were only 1 mile each, plus yoga each day. But I did get to see TWO friends - Saturday afternoon was an art museum trip and Sunday morning I had another friend over for brunch - AND DH and I had date night on Saturday! we went out for movie + dinner. Went to see "Molly's Game," which was great - did not disappoint.

Yesterday was yoga and 4 TM miles. Today should be the same. I've done the yoga so far and will get the run in later.  We had sleet and freezing rain yesterday so the run will be on the TM for safety reasons. looks like we're getting a big warmup as of later today so my runs should be outside after today. I'm going to a conference in DC on Friday and Saturday so will get to run there, which should be fun. I'm also SO excited to sleep ALONE in a hotel room on Friday night :laugh:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-01-10 9:33 PM
Enjoy having your own room.:happy:
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-01-09 10:39 AM
Saturday I swam with a whale.

Monday I swam in a pool.

Today I did yoga.

Guess which one of these was more exciting than the other two. :wink:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-01-09 4:08 PM
:shocker!::shocker!::shocker!: so cool!
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-01-09 4:55 PM
Well, swimming in a pool, of course! : pbbt:

What kind of whale?
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-01-09 5:08 PM
most likely a grey. Always more fun to swim with a baleen feeder.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-01-09 5:25 PM
As opposed to something with sharp pointy teeth and a carnivorous bent, such as an orca or a sperm whale? I would agree.
Parent - By moonglow9 Date 2018-01-09 5:47 PM
:laugh: Indeed.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-01-09 6:49 PM
You have some really exciting swims! :grin:
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-01-11 12:37 AM
One of the things about three years of outdoor swims is that no one swim is necessarily exciting, but over time many of them are.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-01-10 9:33 PM
All of it works together. You can't expect to swim with a whale every day.  : pbbt:
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-01-11 12:36 AM
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-01-09 6:40 PM
Hi, everyone! Nice to be back.

Ran 5 miles on Sunday, a mix of road and trail. Then went to the gym later with T-bone for a weight workout.
Monday = 3-mile walk with a local friend
Today= Ran with junior squire Niall, about 2 miles
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-01-09 6:49 PM
Great workouts!
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-01-09 8:32 AM
I think we went down about midday Saturday and had problems since then. I did get a few posts in by clicking on the "so and so replied to your post" which worked, but couldn't get lists of threads in any of the forums.

Sunday: 5 miles before WW. Down 1.8 lbs.
Monday: 3.2 in a very light rain before work, then 6.25 on the TM at lunch.
Today: 6 in a heavier rain. RN and I did 4 together, then she headed off to get ready for work and I did a couple more miles around the subdivision. Not a bad run, it's not that cold, but windy as well as rainy. We passed Greyhound Lady, who did not have her dogs with her this morning, but was bundled up in a yellow slicker and pants that would have suited a New England fisherman. She does not care for inclement weather and wears sweats even in a California summer. We know it's very hot when GL switches to capris. Longer run because I am working from home today. The traffic map already looks like a couple of old pop songs: "Tie a Yellow Ribbon 'Round the Old Oak Tree" and "Scarlet Ribbons". With accents of red squares where people have proven this morning that two solid objects, such as two cars, a car and a big rig, or a car and a guardrail, cannot occupy the same point in space simultaneously.

I may try for a second run later, but that depends on the weather.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-01-09 8:38 AM
great to hear that you've got some rain! and fantastic on the weight loss! Guess dry Veganuary is working.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-01-09 6:52 PM
Great job on the weight loss. At least you all are getting rain. :happy:
Excellent workouts!
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-01-10 9:34 PM
Congratulations on the weight loss!
Up Topic Communities / Women / Tuesday Here dailies