(cross posting in Womens and Marathons)
Here's the situation. I was supposed to go to a convention in Orlando last September. You may remember that there was some rather inclement weather around that time. Convention was cancelled. I was booked on Southwest so could cancel the ticket. I have a year from the date I booked the ticket (May 9) to use the $335 credit.
I cannot use that credit for anyone else, I tried, nor can I use it for a business trip and get reimbursed. I myself must use it. It expires before Pinelands.
I am not inclined to flush that money down the drain. So...I want to go to a race.
1) Trip must be completed before May 9, 2018.
2) Race must be open for registration. I don't want to do a charity entry because the race is closed.
3) Full or ultra. If a trail race, the longer the time limit the better.
4) If I'm going to travel, I'd like to add a state. The ones I do not have and am not yet signed up for a race in: Alaska, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Iowa, Massachusetts, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, Washington. Oh, and the District of Columbia.
5) I like small races rather than big ones, don't need crowds or bling or lots of schwag.
6) FE potential is a BIG plus.
7) Definitely not the weekend of March 31-April 1st. That's Easter.
8) The cheaper the better for both race registration and lodging.
Check out the Dela Where thread in marathons. A bunch of forumites are running the coastal Delaware marathon on April 22. Fits all of your criteria!
ooo! I would totally come down to say hi!
2018-01-05 7:20 PM
The LA Marathon sounds perfect!
What Beastie Girl said! Nothing there may be 8-10 people at the FE. Small race which is my favorite! It is a two hour drive from both Philly & Baltimore, both are Southwest cities. I suspect you will be able to hitch a ride with someone. It is going to be lots of fun!
Looked at the Dela Where thread and loved the look of the race, but I am likely to be traveling on business (nowhere near Delaware) that weekend. So have signed up for Long Play in Florida on March 4th. (Yes there will be an FE involved.)
Thanks for the suggestions -- hope to join other FEs in the future!
Powered by mwForum © 1999-2015 Markus Wichitill