Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Thursdailies right here
- - By judyruns Date 2018-01-04 8:30 AM
Icy and snowing. :meh: :roll:
Post.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-01-04 8:31 AM
Wednesday I did 50 TM minutes running with a faster speed throughout.
Today DC and I are supposed to go over to the gym. A track run for me if we do. The gym also installed a bunch of new Precor TMs. That’s good, because the TMs get such heavy use there.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-01-04 10:39 AM
New TMs! Are they as springy as new shoes? Hope they work well. Sometimes "upgrades" aren't.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-01-04 4:46 PM
I haven't used the new ones yet but I've used the older and newer Matrix ones.
New shoes are nice and springy...for a while. : pbbt:
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-01-04 1:58 PM
Do you use the TMs? I know you usually use the track.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-01-04 4:48 PM
Once in a while I use a TM but I prefer the track unless it is covered with January people. :grin:
Parent - - By swandive [us] Date 2018-01-04 9:11 AM
Thanks for starting this!  I didn't have a chance because I was in a rush to get out the door.  No ice or snow here, just cold and windy.  I headed out early this morning for a quick 5 miles.  I don't like heading out before dawn because there's so much early morning traffic, but I had to do it this morning.  I'm at the cardiologist with Mom now.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-01-04 10:40 AM
For someone in good health, you do spend an awful lot of time at doctors' offices. I know it's for the benefit of others. Glad you managed to get a run in.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-01-04 1:58 PM
How is your mom?
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-01-04 8:25 PM
She's doing ok, I think.  They're supposed to call tomorrow to schedule her for a cardiac cath, which may happen next week.  At the moment A is driving Mom nuts because A is still out here (she's going back to her house tomorrow and I have to take all of her stuff down) and A is very worried about Mom.  Which is understandable, but A tends to be very obsessive and not understand what is appropriate or helpful. {sigh}  So A is making Mom more stressed and trying to handle both of them and trying to get work done is a lot to manage.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-01-04 4:52 PM
Excellent work on the 5 miler. Hope all is doing better with your mom.
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-01-04 12:52 PM
I'm planning to do my yoga and "at least a mile" on the TM when DH gets home. P and I are holed up inside as the storm howls outside. There's lots of "Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood" happening here today.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-01-04 1:54 PM
I thought it was Mister Rogers' Neighborhood?
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-01-04 5:09 PM
Daniel Tiger is the new iteration of mr Rogers for the 2010s! It's a cartoon, but many of the same characters, and it's actually not horrible to watch.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-01-04 1:56 PM
Enjoy your snow day!
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-01-04 4:52 PM
Our schools are closed 2 days because of the very low temps. Not much snow though.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-01-04 1:56 PM
Blizzard conditions here. I rode on the trainer for 30 minutes. Right now I'm just trying to keep active. It has been a lazy day, including a nap. My pup Cooper decided he wanted to nap with me, on my head.:laugh: pulled my hair a bit and as I get older I need as much hair as possible. It is nice to do no paperwork or work. Not sure if there will be school tomorrow.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-01-04 4:51 PM
Great workout and glad you could do it inside. How much snow are you expecting?
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-01-04 5:10 PM
A lazy day is totally the way to go when there's a blizzard! Glad you are safe and warm inside.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-01-04 3:39 PM
One of T-bone's squires, Niall, is ex-military and now feeling very fat and out of shape, so he asked if I would be willing to run with him a couple of days a week. I'm all "Heck yeah!" because one, company; and two, he knows trails and parks around the city that I don't. Plus, we both benefit from running together since we are both rebuilding strength and endurance.

We did 30 minutes today along one of the local creeks. Run-walk with some intervals. Niall's aerobic endurance is poor right now, but he can sprint like the wind, even at 40+ lbs over his ideal weight.:shocker!::grin: We had fun.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-01-04 4:50 PM
It's good to have a male presence also. Police and Marines make good running buddies. :laugh:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-01-04 5:21 PM
Nice! Both for the company and for learning new trails and routes.
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-01-04 10:39 AM
We cannot relate to the cold in the rest of the country. 50s here. (I guess low teens in C?) RN hauled out again this morning, we were a little late starting because her elderly dog took his time in the back yard and she has to let him out and bring him back in before running. We made it for 3.2 miles. My runs with her are usually faster paced than my solo runs in the morning.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-01-04 1:57 PM
Running with someone faster probably helps your pace improve.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-01-04 4:54 PM
Oh, 50's would feel good right now. Great work on the run!
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-01-04 5:21 PM
And 6.33 at lunchtime. Bruise on the elbow is really big today.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-01-04 7:28 PM
Great work on the 6.33 miler! Bruise!:cry:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Thursdailies right here