Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Thursday RTTs
- - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-04 7:20 AM
:grin:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-04 7:37 AM
--I’m not sure a big grin is in order for today. Crappy night of sleep. :meh::cry:

--I’m helping to prepare food tomorrow for the family coming in for the gentleman from the hardware store who passed away. He was a good guy and I think the world of his SO. :hug: I’m happy to help out a little.

--Well, I’ve decided I’m raising my rates another $5. Now is the time to do that since I have someone else coming in. It will also force me to go up with so many of my regulars that I have yet to increase from the price change back in June. To meet them halfway, as long as they continue to have standing appointments or prebook their next appointment (and not cancel or no show), I will only go up $5/session instead of $10. I’m also going to go over a new, and going to be, enforced cancellation policy. No shows will be charge in full for the appointment and cancellations or reschedules, with less than 6 hours notice, will be charged 50% of the cost of their scheduled appointment.

--Was trying to balance my checkbook yesterday and I was way off. The bank was indicating significantly more than I was showing. Ended up I subtracted a $375 deposit instead of adding it in so I had $750 more than I thought. :cool: Almost like a year end bonus that I didn’t even know about. :laugh::roll:

--Just about have everything compiled to take to the CPA for our 2017 taxes. Just waiting on interest statements from the bank and go back thru all the farm stuff one more time.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-04 7:51 AM
are you going to have clients sign off on the new policy and rates when they come in?

yea for the year end "bonus"
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-04 8:07 AM
I’m printing up a policy and displaying it on my desk and I’m going to print up a flyer to give to all my regular clients outlining Krystal’s services and fees as well as mine, the cancellation policy, etc.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-04 7:52 AM
Good for you on the fees. But I thought you were already doing no show and cancellation fees more stringently.

Nice bonus:laugh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-04 8:06 AM
No, I haven’t really been enforcing no show or last minute cancellation fees at all. I’ve been sending text reminders to those who need them and I have not offered to reschedule a few people (newbies) unless they paid for their missed appointment but then they never rescheduled or paid up. Whatever. I don’t care. Let someone else deal with your rudeness. This year was the lowest I’ve ever been stiffed on no shows and last minute cancellations and that dollar amount came to $2530. Usually, it’s more in the $3500-$5000 range. Multiple that by 23 years of doing this shit and see what that has cost me. :mutmad:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-04 8:09 AM
:hug:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-04 7:49 AM
At engineer's office. Forgot glasses.:roll:

Overslept. Had to take the kids to school so I'm an hour late to work. :roll:

Did get decent sleep though.:cool: Didn't wake up screaming in pain. So that is good. Now I need to get to bed early tonight and catch up a little.

Feeling a tiny bit optimistic about tooth......feeling some slight improvement. Not wanting to get my hopes up though.

Ugh I could fall asleep right here, right now. I need to sleep for a week.

20 degrees here this morning. Tomorrow should be colder. :shocker!: I gave up and I'm wearing my warm and cozy green sweatshirt hoody. Don't care. I'm gonna be warm. Wearing it every day till it warms up. Don't care that it hides my 'professional' outfit. I'm gonna be cozy.:mischief:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-04 7:52 AM
Being warm is important! I'm currently sitting under a blanket because my office is extra cold

Glad the tooth feels a bit better
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-04 7:55 AM
Slept terribly last night too, took forever to fall asleep

My brother in Myrtle Beach got some snow overnight!

Didn't get to work out yesterday. I left early but had an errand to run and then had to go to the grocery store for something we needed for dinner and voila there went my time. Tonight I will go!

B has been waking up early so I've been getting to work early which is good, especially when I need to leave early to work out.  Of course I'd love for him to sleep longer so then he wouldn't be a monster......

I think I need a Snuggie at work, this blanket on my lap isn't quite cutting it.

Had to get gas this morning because my light was on and I didn't have time last night. 1 degree and it was definitely cold and windy.

My parents in FL have a 30 degree windchill right now and their place doesn't really have a heater. The lower part does have a space heater but it doesn't help the bedroom so I think they woke up pretty cold
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-04 8:09 AM
I saw where SC got snow. Can you imagine having to drive with all of those people who have no clue how to drive in the snow?
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-04 8:13 AM
I'd definitely be staying at home if I could!  My brother said he had to scrape his car twice at work because they had sleet/freezing rain. I bet some people don't even have ice scrapers in their car.  Let alone those down in FL who got snow
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-04 8:38 AM
I don't.: pbbt: I like to live dangerously. But then here if it is icy I'm not going anywhere so I don't need a scraper.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-04 8:17 AM
Get a mermaid tail blanket:laugh: Rip got two for Christmas and all she does is hop around in them:roll:

I have cousins who were freaking out yesterday because it was the first time they had ever seen snow in Tallahassee and other northern florida parts. :laugh: Then they all had to go buy jackets:laugh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-04 9:52 AM
I definitely wouldn't be buying my kid a winter jacket every year if I lived in those parts. I think I'd be like sorry kids just add some layers :laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-04 10:26 AM
:laugh::laugh: Pretty much!
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Thursday RTTs