Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Wintertime Wednesday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-03 7:08 AM
It’s a little warmer..........:roll:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-03 7:18 AM
Slightly warmer here too, a whopping 11 degrees but hey at this time yesterday I think it was -11 so it is a heat wave!

Came into the office today since day care open. I actually wanted to get back to the office.

Was afraid daycare would be closed because it closes when the school system closes for bad weather. A nearby school district closed for today because of cold temps so I was worried ours would. But apparently our kids are still off this week for break, phew.

Daddy daycare worked out yesterday although I think M got tired of it much quicker (because B was needier) so he was bugging me about when I would be done.

Brought my workout clothes but I need to run an errand after work too so I'm not sure I'll have time for everything. I did get to work early so hopefully I can sneak out for a workout before my normal leaving time.

Need to get back to planning out meals too - I used to be decent at it but lately it is the same few things over and over and then we end up eating out half the weekend because we don't have anything made.

I wore my Uggs to work today to keep my feet warm but they are still cold. Usually these boots make my feet hot so I only wear them in cold weather (like this)
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-03 7:44 AM
Aren’t Uggs the boots you’re supposed to not wear socks with?
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-03 8:22 AM
hmmmm I just googled it and apparently you're not supposed to wear them - I had no idea. But my feet would be absolutely freezing - plus what if your feet sweat, then wouldn't it be stinky.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-03 9:34 AM
Stink would be my main concern going without socks too but someone told me there is special material or something in the boots that aren’t supposed to stink. IDK.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-03 7:32 AM
30 degrees here! Yay!

Office water pipes are still frozen. :sad:  We left pipes open on Friday but apparently not enough for cold in the teens over the weekend. :shocker!:

So....they removed the bridge to see of there was a tooth fracture. None visible. But most likely the fracture is in/near the nerve. Which means either root canal and new bridge or implant (which also means a crown and two implants. Which I can't afford. The temporary bridge is on now to see if the pain subsides but I can tell you right now it isn't, which means fracture. I am on liquids and couldn't sleep because i would bite down while asleep and literally scream myself awake again. Then the pain would take over an hour to go away again. So I had a breakdown, cried and went to the couch to watch a show on Netflix. I slept there. Finally, without biting down. The percocet does nothing. They suggested 800mg of motrin which seems to help a bit. As long as I go without any pressure on that tooth I'm in minimal pain. The endo isn't in the office until January 17. So that is how long I am stuck like this before the root canal can be done. I had pudding for breakfast. :cry:

So, yeah, my tooth is screwed. And I'm now broke. Again. Just got back to where I had a buffer and had refilled some accounts and they are depleted again. I paid $3850:cry::cry: for the new bridge yesterday and still have 4 monthly payments to pay for the root canal. Obviously, any changes will be billed or credited accordingly. The total bill being about $4700. What is worse? $1850 was on my dental credit card and another $800 was on my care credit card (that I got for the MRI) and paid off in November. So now, I have THREE extra monthly payments that I can't afford.

This year is starting off with a very big low and I was so excited and financially improving and getting back to where I needed to be.

Oh, and I have to scrounge another $590 to pay for my accounting tuition today. Today is the deadline. :cry:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-03 7:43 AM
Yikes, on the dental. Minus orthodontics, which I had when I was 11 or 12, I don’t think I’ve spent that much on dental my entire life.....combined! :shocker!:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-03 8:06 AM
omg I am so jealous. :hug:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-03 8:25 AM
oh no, my mouth hurts just reading about that. And I can't believe how expensive it is! Is it the very back tooth? Could they just extract it instead of root canal?
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-03 9:27 AM
That is what my mom wants me to do. But because the tooth bases the bridge over another tooth space, if I extract it I will have to put in a crown on the front bridge base tooth and do 2 implants to fill the spaces.  Which would be another $7000 plus.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-03 9:51 AM
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-03 7:41 AM
--Got my boots. I really like them. Super cute, comfy and quite warm with a good pair of socks. :grin:

--A client of mine is trying to eat vegan. She brought me this container of date/almond energy bars. I haven’t tried them but they look pretty good. Only 3 ingredients---dates, almonds and coconut. Have to at least be good for you. : pbbt:

--Then, another client of mine (my 83 year old man who drives 25 miles to come see me :happy:) brought me a 1 lb. bag of “Bakers Candies” chocolates from Nebraska. I have to say, it is some of the better chocolate I’ve had in the states.

--Still haven’t received the DNA results on Sarge. :meh:

--The fella that owns the local hardware/heating/air store passed away over the weekend. :sad: He had gone into the hospital a month or so ago with some pretty serious issues. His SO is considerably younger than him but he was all she knew. Had been with him since she was like 18 so a good 35 years.

--Dentist appointment tomorrow. That usually doesn’t consist of too much for me. Although, I do have this one molar that is super sensitive to hot and cold. I’m pretty sure I mentioned it before but was told everything was fine. :roll:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-03 8:08 AM
I have one tooth that is always sensitive to cold and it is fine in all other aspects. Nothing to worry about. :hug:

How long has the DNA wait been? Thought it should have been in 2 weeks ago....

Nice clients:happy:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-03 8:27 AM
glad the boots worked out

have you tried sensitive tooth paste? I use it sometimes if I'm feeling a spot like that and it seems to work
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-03 9:36 AM
No, I don’t use sensitive tooth paste. Maybe I should give that a try.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-03 8:06 AM
And $210 textbook:cry:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-03 8:28 AM
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Wintertime Wednesday RTTs