Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Warm Wednesday Wishes, 03 Jan 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-01-03 6:37 AM
I hope everyone is staying warm!  I think the whole country is in a deep freeze.

What are you doing today to stay warm?

Post away....
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-01-03 6:55 AM
I awoke to +15* !!   So that is at least 30 degrees warmer than yesterday morning.  I might even be able to shed the long underwear while I'm in the house:laugh:

QOTD - Long underwear, hot drinks, hot soup, thick socks, and stay active.  I don't get cold until I sit down to read.  So I've taken to reading in bed with all the covers pulled up.

I break a sweat getting all my layers on to walk Misha.  We're only going 1/2 mile at a time and it takes 10 minutes to get ready and 10 more to unlayer when done.  Not real efficient, but we need our fresh air and sunshine!

Anyone heard from Jetgirl?   I miss her.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-01-03 7:12 AM
I was thinking about Jetgirl yesterday and Deb.  Hope they are just too busy to post.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2018-01-03 9:00 AM
I've an idea. I have a heating pad. that little bad boy works wonders. I put it on my back.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-01-03 8:17 AM
It's 22 degrees here but by this afternoon it should be 52 degrees. The sun is out and I will head out for my power walk in a bit.  My friend backed out. And get this, she is from the Chicago area!  Said it was too cold for her and she would be numb all day.

I'll be back.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2018-01-03 9:01 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: she remember how bad it stinks to be cold. She didn't move to TX for nothing!!! I don't blame her. That kinda cold gets into your bones and stays. brrrr.

52* sigh. soon for me.
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2018-01-03 9:03 AM
MAYBE OR MAYBE NOT NOR'EASTER! So I went to Walmart for food.:happy:

it's a lovely feels like of 18 today. with winds at 5mph. down right tropical. I'm heading to the park.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-01-03 9:13 AM
Brave girl.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-01-03 10:09 AM
Can't imagine Walmart on day before a storm.
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2018-01-03 12:33 PM
empty!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-01-03 1:52 PM
:shocker!:
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2018-01-03 2:15 PM
I'm up and out by 8am that's why
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-01-03 1:58 PM
I read this morning that Walmart is being proactive with the cold weather. They have asked their customers to wear TWO pajama bottoms when visiting their store.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2018-01-03 2:15 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-01-03 2:58 PM
Good one!
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-01-03 10:08 AM
It's warm enough that there won't be a Code Purple shelter tonight....23 forecasted low.  Threshold 20.  I really don't want to live out there like that.  We will be back doing CP again Thurs -Sun. There is some rationale for not hosting tonight.  PM me if really interested. 

Hope to get out for run/walk today.  Got back about 5PM yesterday.  Stopped at Golden Corale on way home.  I was doing pretty good on weight until that stop.  They had some grilled pork steaks that were pretty good.  We had early bird senior for $8.19.  Includes drinks.  What a deal. 

Lots of fun with grandkids.  Made a Christmas Lego movie.  That was fun but very frustrating due to technical issues downloading music. :mutmad:  Ellen is counting down the days 51,50,49. But she looks like labor could start any minute.

Chiro and massage today.  Massage will feel good after the long drive.

Tom in DE
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-01-03 11:57 AM
I'm glad you are home Tom.  Stay warm.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2018-01-03 2:16 PM
baby :hug:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-01-03 10:56 AM
Well I bundled up and went out for a 3.58 miles PW.  Halfway through I was sweating and taking off my gloves, earmuffs and scarf.  I did have long underwear, shirt, vest and a jacket.

The sun is out and you need sunglasses. 

Ok, now I am going to do some chores.

Stay warm my friends!
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2018-01-03 2:17 PM
:cool: nice
Parent - - By DottieO Date 2018-01-03 12:03 PM
I’m leaving the island in about 30 min. Plan is to get all my errands run and truck tucked into the hospital parking garage and back to my apartment to weather out the storm until I have to work Friday night. I’m making some stuff in the crockpot and planning to read, do some yoga and plan out what to pack for vacation. It’s so much easier to pack for a warm destination but Danny really wants to go to DC and NYC. After we get back it's a short 3 months until my trip to KY for Molly’s graduation.

February 1st I find out if I got into the tri.

:grin:
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2018-01-03 2:18 PM
squeak! I love all the excitement! stay safe in the storm. we are not really sure what to expect yet.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-01-03 1:04 PM
I forgot to add that I also did my 30 second plank and one push up!
hardcore girl
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-01-03 2:04 PM
I missed school today to take Makayla to the oral surgeon.  She had three of her wisdom teeth cut out.  It went well, but she is hurting, now that the feeling has returned to her mouth.  The prescription meds will hopefully help.  Her boyfriend, Isaac, went with us and he has been fantastic taking care of her.

I ran 6 miles this morning.  -2 windchill again. 

I'm back to work tomorrow, but no school for Makayla the rest of the week.
Hope Makayla feels better soon.

Nice run. brrrr
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-01-03 3:01 PM
Amy had hers out a year ago today.  Lest you think I retain worthless info like this I was cleaning out the medicine cabinet and noticed the date on some prescription mouth rinse.

I hope she heals well and fast.  I think I've heard that day 3 is the worst; prepare Isaac.:wink:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-01-03 4:23 PM
I hope she has a good recovery.
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2018-01-03 2:19 PM
I ran 8 miles. a personal best for me this year. :happy: temps were actually nice. a feels like of 25* no wind. I ran without a hat.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-01-03 3:01 PM
Dang girl!

She's baaaackkkk.................:happy::happy:
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2018-01-03 3:47 PM
:hug: sorta
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-01-03 4:40 PM
Someone just gave me a compliment and it brought tears to my eyes.  Here is the story:

I joined the bulk mail volunteer team at church.  When our leader is out of town, she has asked me to be her backup.  A promotion!  So today, I called the volunteers for help on Friday.  One of the ladies said she would love to help but on Friday's she helps one of our parishioners that is wheelchair bound, hard of hearing and her dexterity is not all there.  She asked if she could bring here or would she be too much of a hindrance. But she would love to be part of the group.  I immediately replied with "bring her, we will find something for her to do even if it means just entertaining us."  She texted back with blessings and prayers and thanked me.  I felt like I had made someone's day and put a smile on their face.  These are the moments that I appreciate being able to help at church. 

So that is my feel good story!:hug::hug::hug:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-01-03 7:06 PM
Another perk of being retired - more free time to do good.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-01-03 8:02 PM
I love when you see value in someone....even wheelchair bound.   Thanks for being that person.    I bet the mailing gets done in no time.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2018-01-04 6:46 AM
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: that's a good feeling
Parent - By DottieO Date 2018-01-04 7:56 AM
:hug:
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-01-04 5:54 AM
I went into the office on Wednesday. I try to show my face there once or twice a week. It may be pointless to do that soon as more people are working from home.

I stopped at the gym on the way home. I got back on the ARC trainer and weight machines after a month long break from that.  Last month all I wanted to do is get to 100 miles so I never got around to cross training. The gym is not as crowded as I expected. The numbers seemed normal for that time of day. I thought there would be extra people there with the new year's resolution people.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2018-01-04 6:47 AM
I think we are all waiting for a better deal. :laugh:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Warm Wednesday Wishes, 03 Jan 2018