Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Too Cold Tuesday RTTs
- - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-02 5:56 AM
Brrrrrrrrrr
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-02 6:02 AM
-11 here right now, not sure what the wind chill is but even worse I'm sure

I had a big long RTT typed out and B came up and hit a key on my laptop and closed the web browser so I lost it.  Booooo

Working from home since daycare is closed for the holiday. ready to get back in a routine

Need to make some changes to my eating. I know I need to, I just don't want to. But it is bad and nothing fits. it is embarrassing

Thinking of hitting the TM instead of elliptical. I'd avoided TM since I think it contributed to my hip and foot issues but i know it is a better workout so I'll try. Although the gym will be super crowded for a while i'm sure

OK littleman is attacking me no time to finish RTT
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-02 7:06 AM
Awwww littleman:hug: Littlemen are the best:grin:

Did you tell them today isn't a holiday:roll::meh:

Good luck on the tm:hug:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-02 7:19 AM
Much like they were closed the day after Christmas :roll:  I guess it is to give 2 days for each holiday. It annoys me but then I try to think about how little they probably make and the fact here is no way I could do that job so I try to not get annoyed.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-02 7:28 AM
:hug:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-02 7:05 AM
Happy New Year!

I either broke my back molar or broke the bridge over it. Either way I'm in massive pain and my dentist doesn't open until 10am on Tuesdays. :cry: All because of a damned crouton on Sunday.:cry:

Finally took a real pain pill. Four year old percocet not really working right now.  I would KILL for some novacaine. It hurts just to move my cheeks to swallow my coffee:cry:

The bulldogs are going to the National Championship! This is big news for us and even for me and I'm a tech fan. I watched the game last night and it was excellent! At least after the first half. But now to play Bama :roll::roll:

Tried to teach Rip the basics about football because she doesn't understand the scoring and why we start screaming sometimes. She thinks it is boring. But somehow by the end of the first quarter I could feel her jumping when there was a long catch or a big run. She couldn't escape being excited:laugh:

Ok, so yeah it has only been 5 min but I'm ready to take another percocet. Just to see if 2 helps. Can't wait to find out how much this is going to cost me.:cry:

And for the record - it is 20 degrees here and our office pipes are frozen. :shocker!:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-02 7:21 AM
Yikes on the tooth issue, that sounds terrible. And of course it always happens on times when the office is closed.  I have some vicodin left from maternity leave that I kept just in case i need something someday.

That's cute rip was getting excited about it
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-02 7:24 AM
I have a entire bottle of pain killers I’d give you if you were closer. I can’t take those things. Hope you get into the dentist soon. :hug:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-02 7:19 AM
-28 windchill right now . yuck
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-02 7:25 AM
omg. now i remember how awesome percocet is. frankly not helping the tooth but the rest of my body feels drunk. So glad i waited until i got to work to take this. (still only took 1)

I have a full bottle. I can either keep taking them or sell them (ha, jk) to pay for whatever needs doing.: pbbt:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-02 7:39 AM
--It only got down to 0F last night. Better than the -2F the night before and 10 mph winds. :cry: 22F is going to feel like a heatwave today. : pbbt:

--Been doing really good on my eating. I’m not a proponent of any fad type of diet where you eliminate one thing or another. I think that’s a huge problem across the board. Rather than adopting the moderation concept everyone seems to think it has to be all or nothing. However, that being said I am making a conscious effort to greatly reduce the amount of bread, pasta and sugar in my diet. Maybe it will help with all the issues I’m having and as a bonus lose some weight. I am down another .6 pounds (yea, I know not much) but at least I’m slowly heading in the right direction.

--The No Kill Shelter where I got Sarge posted a message yesterday afternoon about getting some volunteers to foster some dogs for a few days until we get over this really cold spell. It was amazing at the outpouring of response and how many dogs got into a warm home. :hug: It brought tears to my eyes. One guy was even like, “I can take multiple dogs if need be”. :happy:

--Iowa needs to put in a 220V outlet (it’s already wired, just needs the receptacle) and cut a hole in the wall/concrete for a dryer vent at my office. Always something.

--I applied for a part-time job in a medical clinic as a “Medical Assistant". Schedule wise it would work out really well for me. I thought downloading my resume would be it. Nope. It seriously took me every bit of two hours to download my resume, fill out their application, sign off on all the requests (background check, etc.), provide references and take a 30 minute questionnaire. :roll: They had another pt position open for a Fitness Assistant which would be right up my alley but it’s in Cassville, which is about 35 miles away. I don’t want to drive that far. If it was full-time with a complete benefit package it might be worth considering.

--The Bachelor returns. :laugh: I feel like I should pop open a can of beer and eat Cheez Whiz while I’m watching it. : pbbt:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-01-02 8:50 AM
Enjoy the heatwave:shocker!:

Good job on eating better. :hug:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-02 9:56 AM
I don't get the fad diets either. I know a lot of people doing Whole 30 right now but everyone I know who does it loses a bunch of weight, goes back to old eating (or near the same) and gains back.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-02 11:42 AM
I think Whole 30 has some very valid ideas but I’m not in total agreement with everything. Like they discourage “sweet” fruits like pineapple. Well, I’m sorry but when I’m trying to battle severe inflammation nutritionally, I need foods that combat inflammation and pineapple is one of those.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-02 12:12 PM
I'm sure something like Whole 30 helps reset so maybe you don't dive into the bad habits quite as bad but idk. I definitely need to reset my sugar/junk intake but I'm an emotional eater so I can't seem to avoid it.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-01-02 8:00 AM
~Effing cold as ballz. My damn car wouldn't start at 3 this morning. After being on a charger since 1 yesterday afternoon. :mutmad::mutmad::mutmad:

~Spending a ton of time trying to learn runsignup.com and the timing software we are going to be using.

~Power outage yesterday. Apparently our high-dollar generator failed and fried a couple of computers. Boss ain't gonna be too happy about that shit

~Saw The Greatest Showman Sunday. Very enjoyable.

~So the weekend of Christmas our office staff all decided they needed to close the place down early on Friday. Even though they got a holiday off Monday (Xmas Day). Of course on-air staff have to be here. Did the same thing this last Friday. Really? The Friday before New Years Day which was on Monday??? And you needed off early? Stupid.

~203 mother effing pounds this morning. I'm a freaking COW :cry::cry::cry::mutmad::mutmad::mutmad::mutmad:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-01-02 8:28 AM
I’d like to see that movie. :happy:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-01-02 9:57 AM
oh that sucks about the car. Did you get it working ok?

My work closed early Friday before New Years :blush:   Edit: when they do that it should be the same across the board, or at least give you extra time to compensate another time
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Too Cold Tuesday RTTs