Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / New Years Eve, 31 Dec 2017
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-31 7:50 AM
And 2017 comes to an end.  What a year it has been.

Wishing everyone the best in 2018!

Post away.
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-12-31 8:56 AM
Good Morning! What an exciting and frigid day!

Another year out of the way! They go so fast. Staying in tonight. Will be asleep early. don't really care for all the hoopla.

man it's cold out there. 3* or something crazy like that.

no run today. will start the new year right tomorrow.

keep it safe tonight. okay?
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-31 9:18 AM
Good to see you! 

It's 40 degrees here and damp.  So to me it is very nippy!  We are getting ready to go to the grocery store and then we are staying indoors for the rest of the day.

I was planning a long power walk, but I would be miserable out there.  You are right, we sill start the new year on the right foot tomorrow.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-12-31 10:43 AM
40 is down right tropical right now! enjoy your easy day of rest and warm jammies
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-12-31 12:23 PM
Happy New Year!  I go to sleep early too on NYE.
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-12-31 5:33 PM
we start back to school on the second, no time to recover after a late night! HNY!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-31 6:13 PM
Our school kids return on the 9th!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-31 9:11 AM
Coffee at the kitchen table with my youngest:hug:  Tho we are both on our laptops and not talking to each other.....:roll:

Weather person says -40* windchill tonight.  I say prove it.

I have one free indoor track pass left, expires today.  So today's list: run, accompany Amy on her Walmart expedition, hit up a grocery store, and quietly ring in the new year with the neighbors.

As this year winds down I'm glad to have spent part of every day with all of you. :happy:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-31 9:19 AM
Dawn

You are so thoughtful!  I too am glad that we have spent part of our year together. 

Good luck on your Walmart expedition.  I may stop by and see if I can find a neck gaiter.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-31 11:59 AM
I meant to look at Walmart while we were there but too many people.  I have also been looking at them online so I just may order it.

We are having cheese grits with shrimp and scallops for dinner.  We had to go to 3 stores to find the coarse cornmeal!  And the stores are insane.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-31 12:14 PM
I did salmon with polenta Friday.  Polenta is fancy for cheese grits I think.
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-12-31 11:22 PM
I love Polenta. Or fancy cheese grits. Don't much care what they are called. :laugh:
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-12-31 1:18 PM
Love that buff!
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-12-31 10:46 AM
brrrr. I just told David I was glad we didn't move to Ill. way to cold. Happy New year to you and your people. Just got back from Walmart. crowed.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-31 12:00 PM
Every store is crowded here also.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-31 12:13 PM
but you could've hung out at the indoor track with me.  We would've been the cool kids.  Or maybe just weird.  Yeah, I'm going with just weird.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-12-31 5:34 PM
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: my people. we would have been laughing.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-31 2:38 PM
Amy and I found some cookies called Zimtsterne at Aldi.  Star shaped hazelnut and almond cinnamon cookies with icing.  Candied fruits inside.  German fruitcake?  Should we be wearing dirndls?
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-31 4:51 PM
Did you buy them?  I think San Antonio is getting an Aldi.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-31 5:26 PM
yes, they were too cute to pass up.
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-12-31 5:35 PM
I'm not into Aldi.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-31 6:16 PM
I've never been to one.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-31 12:16 PM
12 people on the indoor track; 4 were from my running club:laugh:  Trying to get those year end totals.....   

I ran 100 more miles this year than last.  Of course, I only ran 6 months of 2016.  It sounds good though:laugh:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-31 12:31 PM
You guys are just diehards!  No wimps up there.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-12-31 5:35 PM
nice work!
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-12-31 12:22 PM
-40F?  Throw water out the door and see if it freezes before it hits the ground.

I like your last statement.  Happy New Years!
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-12-31 12:01 PM
It's cold out there, did you all know that?  It was 5F early so I waited until this afternoon. when it climbed into the teens.  I'm not sure it has made it to the teens.  3 mile run to end the year.

Today marks 9 years of running without missing a day.  Nobody knows that except Melissa, Makayla, and you all.  You all are probably more understanding of that than Melissa and Makayla.: pbbt::laugh:

It's been the fastest year ever.  My life is speeding by.  I haven't missed a day of breathing in over 51 years.  Another streak.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-31 12:12 PM
Congratulations on your streak.  That many days without a run-stopping injury/illness is amazing.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-12-31 12:20 PM
It is a blessing to have the health to do that streak.  I can only remember one time in 9 years that I forced myself to run because I was sick.  Had a slight fever, but stubbornly ran 3 miles.  I'm always aware that it could come to a sudden halt.  And that would be OK.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-31 12:30 PM
Congratulations on the 9 year streak!  That is quite an accomplishment.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-12-31 2:30 PM
Thank You.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-12-31 5:36 PM
holy moly. I didn't know that you never ever stop. wow. congrats. you never get hurt??
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-12-31 7:15 PM
Stopping by to say hi.

I took a day off from running but I did clean the house up a bit. It was time to vacuum up all the cat hair and clean the bathrooms.

Cindy cooked lunch for us and the in-laws today. Steaks and one of my favorite potato dishes. I guess it would be called scalloped potatoes but the combination of spices is great, I think it has pepper, Cayenne pepper, nutmeg, and paprika (and who knows what else.)

Cindy's mom has a jigsaw puzzle going on their dining room table. I worked on it some the last couple days. Being color blind it is hard but I can help with the border.  Now that the outside edge is complete I think I will watch TV when they work on it.

New Year's Day 5k is tomorrow at 10.  And it is supposed to be about 10° at that time.  Tuesday morning is supposed to be even colder so I guess it could be worse.

My hometown (Buffalo) is happy today. The Buffalo Bills made the playoffs for the first tie in 18 years. Tomorrow is the Michigan bowl game and at the same time, the Buffalo Sabres play an outdoor game against the NY Rangers in NY.  I'll have the DVR humming.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-31 9:16 PM
I love puzzles.  I have a few that I need to assemble.  Then I pass them on to my friend. 

Good luck on your 5k tomorrow.  Scalloped potatoes sound good.
Parent - - By DottieO Date 2017-12-31 8:09 PM
Happy New Year. I’m at work with a good crew. We have an obscene amount of food with a good combo of sweet and savory. I have a lovely patient on hospice comfort measures. We have a deal that I’m going to be his last nurse in 2017 and first nurse in 2018. I promised to wake him up to see the ball drop. He’s watching some football and eating a popsicle. :hug:

One more weekend after this and I’m on vacation. We’re going to DC and NYC. Not warm, but we have a lot of sightseeing we want to get done.

:grin:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-31 9:15 PM
I'll probably fall asleep before the ball drops.  My ears have been bothering me today.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-31 9:14 PM
Ok -- who is still awake?
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-12-31 11:23 PM
Me! It's only 8:22 here and I have an airport pickup at 11:00. :happy:

That said, I hear far too many fireworks. I hate them because of the fear they provoke in animals, both domestic and wild. :cry:
- - By Ron274 [us] Date 2017-12-31 1:22 PM
Happy new years eve everyone. It's a bit warmer here in central Florida happy to say. Typically no exercise on Sunday, just loafing about watching football. We're spending the evening with a bunch of friends, play some table games and hoisting a drink or two.
It has been a good year for us, such a blessing. I achieved a couple cycling goals, my favorite a 250 mile, 36 hour ride to benefit vets with PTSD. It was sponsored by SEAL Swim charities. 
Here's wishing all of you a happy, healthy new year. Run safe my friends.
Ron
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-12-31 2:32 PM
That's quite a bike ride!  Your running prowess has transferred to cycling.  Happy New Year!
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-12-31 5:36 PM
whoa that's awesome! HNY Ron
Up Topic Communities / Masters / New Years Eve, 31 Dec 2017