Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Finally Friday dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-12-29 7:34 AM
Holidays are crisis days. At least this day should bring things to a halt or calm things down.:meh:
Post.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-12-29 7:36 AM
Thursday was another very cold day so it was off to the TM downstairs. I had a good 50 minute run at a  good faster speed.
Today I am volunteering at the library for several hours. That is like cross training for me. :cry:
I’ve been working on some tech support (old TVs and DVD players) and it has been successful. I love keeping hardware, then reusing it. :grin:: pbbt:
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-12-29 9:36 AM
It must be nice to see all of your library friends, even if you have to work.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-12-29 6:23 PM
I don't volunteer at the library where I worked. I thought they needed some time without me. :laugh: Instead, DC and I volunteer at a big county library. We enjoy sorting books, cleaning them up for sale, etc. :happy: When I pick up books to read, I have them all sent to the library where I worked. Then I get to see the friends I worked with. :grin:
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-12-29 7:13 PM
That's nice that you do that.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-29 8:38 PM
Nice! Having your cake and eating it too.
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-12-29 10:48 AM
Nice run. Have fun volunteering.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-12-29 9:35 AM
I ran 2 miles and it was cold out there, but refreshing. My foot and back are still cranky, but the run was good. Today I am getting my infusion, so I had to cut the run short. I've been trying to get more sleep. It is drafty at the center and my hands are chilly, which doesn't bode well with Raynauds. I brought work with me, knitting, and a few magazines. I've declined Benadrl, so I can do things instead of snoozing, but I doubt I'll get much done. The nurses have adjusted my dosage, which means I'll be done sooner. It took three times to get a vein, and I have good veins. Tomorrow I'm hoping to run again.
Parent - - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-12-29 10:59 AM
Keep warm, hope the infusion goes quick. Have you found anything that works to help your Raynauds? Mine seems to be getting worse each year.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-12-29 12:53 PM
Nothing works for it other than gloves. I'm finding that my hands hurt almost as much lately, so fingerless mitts help indoors. I can curl my fingers into them. Hope you find something to help.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-29 11:42 AM
Hope the infusion is uneventful. I wouldn't like Benadryl either. And also hope they have warm blankets for you.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-12-29 6:25 PM
Good work on the runs and I hope you feel a lot better after your infusion. :hug::hug:
Parent - - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-12-29 10:47 AM
Switched my long run from Sunday to today since I work 6-2 Sunday and as much fun as running 16 miles before work (or after) sounds I decided not : pbbt: So 16 progressive run on the treadmill (-4 temp). Thankful for Netflix!
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-29 11:41 AM
Definitely after rather than before if you do have to run 16 on a day you're doing 6-2. Good for you.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-12-29 12:54 PM
I'm so impressed with your run on a TM. I would die.:laugh: Congrats on the job offer:cool:!
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-12-29 6:27 PM
+1   TM = : pbbt:  <~me with tongue hanging out if I had to do that long. :laugh:
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-29 11:40 AM
3.2 miles this morning. I didn't dare miss the bus because there is a reduced schedule today and I didn't want to have to wait 35 minutes for the next one. I also did 3 miles last night to see some more Christmas lights. One house looks like they are really trying to bring the rest of the street along (and the rest of the street is not trying to keep up) -- the kind of decorations that make you wonder do they have solar panels or do they have stock in Southern California Edison. Quiet run this morning except for a few people driving way, way too fast-- the hospital is the other way, as are the police and fire stations and the nearest 24 hour Wal-Mart, so I can't imagine why they were driving that fast. Oh, and either someone pancaked a skunk or there was an extremely aromatic dinner served in our neighborhood last night -- it smelled mightily at one point on my route.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-12-29 12:55 PM
I love seeing the lights on runs. I thought you might be able to work from home today.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-29 2:58 PM
I could have, but my boss retired today so I wanted to be here for his last day.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-12-29 6:29 PM
Great work on the 3.2 miler. Many more people here put out lights since the lights are supposed to last longer and be cheaper. Maybe.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-29 8:40 PM
And 5 miles this afternoon. I ventured onto a trail but was passed by 3 dirt bikes and a 4 wheeler whose driver was most apologetic for all the dust kicked up -- decided to head back because of said dust. I can always take that trail another time.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Finally Friday dailies