Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Fun, Freezing Fridays RTTs
- - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-12-29 7:04 AM
:happy:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-12-29 7:21 AM
Fireplace guy said the best wood stove would be all inlaid, vent-free. But he also said that my gas logs are probably the worst he has ever seen and suggested I replace the kit with a vent-free kit with newer gas logs or ceramic logs that would put out a lot of heat. I'm going to try to go by his store one day to see the options and feel the heat. Or I could just remove the gas and go with regular fire place. So at least I have options. Frankly I'd prefer gas if I can get usable heat rather than having to clean the fireplace all the time. But I'm at least used to cleaning a fireplace.

Sick again. Seriously. Just head cold gunk but still. WTH. I attribute it to not working out and being fit. I've never had so many sick days and colds in my life. And this is the one day of the year I can't call in sick because I have about $30k in bills and expenses to pay off the books today. Luckily I don't really feel sick except my head stuffiness.:roll:

After the fireplace guy I just laid around with my gunky head and went to bed at 8pm. : pbbt::roll:

Tj comes home tonight for basketball in the morning. And then we'll probably spend the day together. He will like that. We don't do much Tj time. Ripley is very into Girl Time. Tj usually prefers my dad but lately I've noticed he prefers mommy time right now. :hug:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-12-29 8:15 AM
sorry you're sickly again
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-12-29 9:01 AM
:hug:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-12-29 8:34 AM
Good to have options on the fire place. realistically how often would you use it?

Sorry to hear you're sick again :cry:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-12-29 9:02 AM
Well, our old house we did it at least weekly in the winter. The kids would LOVE to use it on the cold weekends. They ask all the time but knew I couldn't get it on.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-12-29 8:18 AM
~Winter is stupid

~Another 4 day week next week

~But I have a shitton of work to be done before next weekend

~We are already getting invites for next year's XC season :roll::shocker!:

~Sweatpants Friday! Wearing a new pair of joggers I got for Xmas. Comfy as hell
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-12-29 8:35 AM
Winter IS stupid!

Sweatpants Friday sounds awesome
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-12-29 9:09 AM
Winter is stupid! :laugh::laugh::laugh: Totally agree:hug:

I set a new rule at the office. Instead of Casual Friday we are going with Casual Winter so I can wear my lined sweatpants at work.....except I never would. But I tried...
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-12-29 8:39 AM
B was up early again but today i decided to see if my grandma was on Skype and she was so we talked to her for a bit before daycare

Parents made it to AL yesterday on their trip down to FL. Anymore they do the drive in 3 days when they could do 2 days but whatever

Working from home because I didn't feel like going in :blush:  Apparently we are closing early at 2 - woohoo!  Need to go to the gym again.

Probably should be putting some Christmas stuff away but just not in the mood right now

Also need to go through B's closet one of these days, not for clothes but for random stuff I'm sure I stashed in it and now needs to be put away. It never ends.

Sleeping terribly lately. My internal clock won't let me sleep past 5:30 :cry:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-12-29 8:43 AM
I'm dreading putting all this Christmas stuff away. I set up all these lighted Christmas villages I got from my mom. That's going to be a chore putting those away. :meh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-12-29 11:50 AM
my mom used to have a big Christmas village like that but she finally stopped putting them up since it would take her a while to do it
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-12-29 8:42 AM
--I was hoping I'd have Sarge's DNA results when I checked emails this morning. Nope. :meh:

--I'm getting a massage today. :grin: Krystal, the girl that's going to be staring with me, is giving me one. I gave her one yesterday.

--Maybe my boots will get here today. Just in time for zero degree weather. : pbbt:

--I don't know about my CPA. She is awesome at what she does and I really like her as a person. But.....she needs to get focused on her work and her clients. Everything takes a back seat to her dogs. :roll: I'm a dog person and I totally understand your love for your pets but you need to find a balance. It's getting ridiculous. I plan to have all of our tax stuff to her as soon as Iowa gets his W-2 which will be before the end of January. I think we'll be lucky to have them done by 4/15. The thing is, she really doesn't have all that much to do but plug in the numbers I give her. I do about 80% of the work and I am super detailed and organized.

--USDA sends us two identical survey things that we're required to fill out. They'll get one sent back completed with the other blank one and a little note attached regarding the duplicate. I'll try to be nice but it just irritates me at the waste.

--I filled up two more trash bags from my office yesterday. Started going thru my file folders. Had a big, thick one of all house stuff. I shredded all of that.

--Went to Walmart for a box of Ol' Roy dog biscuits. So nice how a $10 box of dog treats ends up costing you $80 by the time you get out of the store. :roll: That was after spending $115 at Aldi's. :cry:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-12-29 11:51 AM
hope the massage goes well

I've never heard of someone's dogs getting in front of their CPA business (or any similar type of business)
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-12-29 12:44 PM
Last year one of her dogs went into kidney failure. They ended up taking him to the University of Missouri and spent thousands and thousands of dollars keeping the dog alive as long as possible. After several months of dragging out the inevitable, the dog finally passed away. Now, their other dog recently had to have spinal surgery. Once again, back to MU. As all of this is going on with the dog they have left she and her husband seek out a blind, senior dog to adopt to replace the one they lost. I’ll send her emails regarding tax stuff and I’m either put off or if it’s just a question she’ll answer briefly and then go into this long, detailed email explaining every little thing about the dogs. It’s a little much.
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Fun, Freezing Fridays RTTs