Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Thermal Thursday NRR
- - By swandive Date 2017-12-28 12:59 PM
Post!
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-12-28 1:00 PM
Sorry, to post and run, but this is for Nomad: Mars and the North Pole are warmer than Winnipeg. :shocker!::laugh::cry:
Parent - - By Nomad Date 2017-12-28 2:33 PM
Nomad is in Arizona :cool:
But heading back in plenty of time to catch the polar vortex which will be sticking around until March :cry:
Parent - By SRoo Date 2017-12-28 3:27 PM
:laugh:  Hooray for Arizona!
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-12-28 3:33 PM
Nice! I wish  was in Arizona today:cool:
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-12-28 1:23 PM
Sometimes decision making is hard. :meh: We've had paint patches on the walls for about 5 months, and I've FINALLY scheduled the remodel to start the week of January 8th. Now MCF isn't sure we have enough time to make our decisions. :meh: This is not the thing I love most about that man.
Parent - By elmtree Date 2017-12-28 2:18 PM
How the heck much time does he need?
Parent - - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-12-28 2:19 PM
What decisions still need to be made?
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-12-28 3:37 PM
Flooring and paint color are the large ones, in part because we just changed flooring ideas.  But also a light fixture and fan, both of which are fairly generic.  And seriously, who cares about the fan as long as it sucks. And we should be able to pick a light in under an hour.  Or at least I could.
Parent - - By Nomad Date 2017-12-28 2:35 PM
Not to make you feel bad but I had a colour consultant come by this morning & we picked the colours to repaint the entire condo in 1 hr. I do still need to get some samples & double check but I'm pretty sure I'm good. Contractors will be reviewed while I'm away with a view to booking them when I come back for Easter, and then get it completed before my next trip in May.

So basically it'll take me the same length as time as you but I'll only be in-country for <1 mth : pbbt:
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-12-28 3:37 PM
Yeah, if I was me alone that's how I'd roll too.  I just don't care that much, and the truth is, once it is in place it just is what you have.
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-12-28 2:46 PM
My MIL is one of those who can't make decisions. I would be driven to drink or I would just make the decision and say I'm doing this because I have zero patience with that. JUST DECIDE ALREADY : pbbt::laugh:
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-12-28 3:38 PM
We just had a 10 min phone conversation about a $16 purchase on amazon. :cry:
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-29 11:43 AM
How much do both of you make on an hourly basis? Divide that by 6. Is it more than $16? Then next time don't bother, you're losing money by having the discussion!
Parent - By Mickey [us] Date 2018-01-03 7:24 AM
This.  So.Much.This.

Cost-benefit analysis on these things...unless it's something you truly enjoy doing (I sew & knit... which takes ridiculous amounts of time for the result, but I enjoy making some of my kids' clothing).

There is something satisfying about doing my own vehicle maintenance, but I cannot justify the $40 savings for an oil change, when it will take me > 3 hours (once you include driving to town, purchasing all the stuff & driving back to find a place to deposit the used oil).
Parent - By SRoo Date 2017-12-28 3:28 PM
:cry:
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-12-28 7:11 PM
OMG, we should have one of those remodeling competition shows.  You and I can demolish and completely redo a bathroom in a couple of months while YCF and A spend a decade looking at options and never making a single decision. :cry:  We have literally been planning the bathroom remodel for a year and a half and A -- who really wants to have input into how the bathroom is done -- has yet to make a single decision.  The floor tile she picked in the summer of 2016 she said a couple of months ago that she didn't think we'd actually definitely decided on.  Ditto for the shower tile.  I've now found less expensive floor and wall tiles that I like better than the ones she initially picked so we may be going with my choices.  I hate to even ask about accent tiles because last time we discussed the options I found, she decided that hand-pained Moroccan tiles were really pretty. :meh:  The one thing A did say is that she likes satin nickel finishes, but then picks out light fixtures that are pewter or oil-rubbed bronze. :roll:  I've started buying stuff because it's the only way anything will happen and the bathroom needs to be demolished and rebuilt before spring.
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-12-28 8:02 PM
This is making me crazy just reading about...
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-12-29 6:44 AM
What Zipper said. A, YCF and my MIL all need to get together. UGH.
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-12-29 10:20 AM
Last night he started doubting the amount we've agreed to pay the contractor.:meh:

I'm going to give him choices like "brushed steel or shiny" and "one door or two on the medicine cabinet". He can spend time on decisions that matter, like matching the flooring and the paint!

And we aren't doing hand painted tile. No way!
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-29 11:46 AM
Um, yeah, hand painted Moroccan tiles are really pretty, but not always the best choice on a budget that is not unlimited.

Good luck with the remodel. I think you're better off going ahead and making the decisions. DH was similar to HCF and A, he never wanted to make decisions -- he would buy things but then not install anything because he might find something he liked better. I am the opposite. Get 'er done. If I have to live with a faucet I don't particularly like, that's better than living with the old faucet -- or a nonworking faucet -- because I can't make decisions. I want the bathroom functional!
Parent - - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-12-28 1:52 PM
Last week I mentioned some job decisions well I officially interviewed today for the more full time higher position that I wasn't originally going for but the head person kept asking me to think about it. I left the interview with a job offer :shocker!: Now to weigh options, think about schedule and make a decision.
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-12-28 2:02 PM
Woop woop!!:cool::cool:

It is always good to be the one who gets to choose!
Parent - By Nomad Date 2017-12-28 2:35 PM
:cool::hug:
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-12-28 2:47 PM
Whoohoo!
Parent - By SRoo Date 2017-12-28 3:29 PM
Oh, yes you did get the job offer!  Excellent.  :cool:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-12-28 3:53 PM
:cool::cool:
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-12-28 7:11 PM
Congrats on the job offer!
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-12-29 7:31 AM
:cool::grin:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-29 11:48 AM
Good luck, and nice to have options!
Parent - - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-12-28 2:45 PM
And my even better good news for the day...I am done with the ILs, last holiday get together was last night and no plans to see them anytime soon! :grin:
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-12-28 2:47 PM
Where the heck is that green with envy emoticon when you need it? Yeah for you!
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-12-28 3:38 PM
:cool::cool::cool:
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-12-28 7:11 PM
Woohoo!
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-12-28 8:03 PM
Twinzilla can go stuff herself into the nearest available filthy orifice.

Otherwise, my holidays have been great. :grin:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-12-29 7:33 AM
I take it she is not identical? Isn't that supposed to help? Do you at least have a good road distance between you? :wtf:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-29 11:47 AM
I have met them and can attest that they are, at least going by looks, identical.

Is she being snarky and hypocritically sentimental on FB again, Zip?
Parent - By Buggy [us] Date 2017-12-29 12:22 PM
My boys are identical, and I'd categorize their relationship as best friends/worst enemies. :roll: When they get angry with one another, they *really* know how to piss each other off because they have the same "push me" buttons, so to speak.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Thermal Thursday NRR