Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / The day after fruitcake day - 12/28
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-12-28 8:24 AM
What comes after fruitcake day, stomach pumping day?

The cold continues.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-12-28 8:29 AM
8° this morning. I went to the gym for 3.3 miles on the treadmill.  The gym was very empty this morning.

3 miles left to 100 for the month.  I probably won't make that a regular monthly goal because I prefer switching between running and other stuff like the ARC trainer and weights. I don't seem to have what it takes to do everything all the time, like some people who can work out for an hour and then run 10+ miles. :roll:

So many people off work makes things nice and calm. You'd think that would help productivity but I find myself having to fight to keep interested in work. But I am winning the fight most the time and getting some stuff done.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-28 8:35 AM
The people that workout for an hour and then go run 10 miles are younger than us.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-28 8:41 AM
Embracing the cold here with Blueberry Sky in Alaska in the back of my mind.  Not sure of today's plans but I hope no stomachs will be pumped.  Hubby has oral surgery today, kids are headed back to Michigan, and sister ended up overnight in the hospital.  I'll probably putter around the house  with the phone nearby.   An on-call day.

We are somewhere around zero degrees but no wind.  Misha and I did .75 miles.   A couple more walks today and we should hit 2.5 I imagine.

I didn't set a mileage goal this year but rather minutes.  35 minutes a day was the plan(not counting dog walks).  I'm about 10 minutes ahead of the game so it should be an easy slide into the end of the year.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-28 10:06 AM
Good morning all!

It's cold here - 37 degrees.  Went for a 3.0 mile walk while my husband was at the eye doctor.  Since he was having his eyes dilated, I wasn't sure if he could drive himself back so I went with him.   I walked through town and it was a nice change of scenery.

Dawn, I like having a daily time goal.  I need to think about what I will do in 2018 -- mileage or time?

Stay warm!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-28 10:47 AM
dear Lord, I read that as -37 degrees. :shocker!:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-28 10:51 AM
Oh Gosh no!  Just 37 degrees.  I mistakenly pulled up the Baltimore weather and it was 19 degrees and thought to myself --what the heck am I doing out here?  Then I looked again.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-28 2:09 PM
Quick question -- when it is as cold as it has been lately, do you find yourself doing a lot of sitting?
- By DottieO Date 2017-12-28 8:51 PM
We started out with -7 and WC of -19 then got all the way up to 8 degrees. I didn’t run, I napped after work then we had to go to a funeral visitation and a family visit and out to diner. All followed by a cold boat ride home.

:grin:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / The day after fruitcake day - 12/28