Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Whew! Wednesday dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-12-27 7:42 AM
3° F. here. Post. : pbbt:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-12-27 7:43 AM
Tuesday I decided to take SDO and make sure the toes were ok. They are definitely good to go. Did some yoga today and meditation. I also woke during the night and did a good 45 minute meditation in bed. It helps to fall back to sleep. The one thing that wakes me during the night is when I feel too cold or too warm. I just keep adjusting back and forth with the covers. It works.
Today I will stay inside for sure. It’s about 3° F. right now with a nasty wind chill. I’ll run here at home.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-12-27 10:36 AM
The foot out foot in thing keeps me the right temp too.

3 is COLD. Good day to drink hot cocoa by the fire.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-12-27 4:51 PM
Oh! I'll try the foot out foot in! Thanks! :grin:
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-12-27 2:02 PM
That is cold! Glad your toes were ok.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-12-27 10:24 AM
Yoga this morning. I did a level two eagle pose class. It totally showed me how much warming up to a pose helps! I've never done such a good eagle, ever.

I got to 10k steps yesterday on top of my swimming.  In these quiet days at work, I've set an alarm for a short walk both morning and afternoon. I figure if I can get in the habit, maybe I'll keep it up when school starts and things get more chaotic.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-12-27 2:03 PM
The walks sound like a good idea.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-12-27 7:24 PM
Congratulations on the eagle pose.:cool:

I think it's easier to work if you can walk around.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-12-27 2:02 PM
A brief bike ride inside. Yesterday I ran 2 miles, and Saturday 3 miles. Not feeling my best, but I have a back shot scheduled for next week and my infusion scheduled for Friday. I'm hoping both help. I cut down on Celebrex and it is making me hurt on my whole left side from my back down. The back doc gave me muscle relaxers, but I took one at night and it knocked me for a loop. I don't want to rely on them. I started taking Curaphen, which is a supplement that is suppose to help, but I see no difference. I'm hoping today is just a bad day. I pushed myself to do something. I have tendonitis in my feet and it is not going away. I'm thinking maybe when my back feels better, my gait will be better and less strain on the foot. Lupus sucks.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-27 4:01 PM
Lupus does suck. Hope the back shot and infusion help.
Parent - By SRoo Date 2017-12-27 4:21 PM
You are a tough woman!  :cool:  I hope you find relief soon.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-12-27 4:54 PM
:hug::hug::hug: You are a tough cookie! :happy:
I wish you the best with treatments coming up.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-12-27 7:25 PM
I hope both of those help.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-12-27 3:11 PM
USDO here.  I had to leave fairly early to take A to an appointment, so I would've had to run in the dark, which is less than ideal even during a week when traffic is fairly light.  It also ended up being 35*F and raining this morning, so no way was I going to be going for a cold, rainy run in the early morning darkness.  So, I guess I'll be running tomorrow when at least it won't be raining.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-27 4:01 PM
Dark, raining, 35 degrees, and early so that you can go out and fight traffic. I think you made the right decision not to run.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-12-27 7:22 PM
3 degrees is not even open to consideration with me. :laugh:
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-27 12:58 PM
Damn, that is cold!

I got in 4 this morning and still made the bus. Traffic is really light this week. I came out of my driveway and there were two young men sitting on the curb by the corner -- not sure what was up -- said good morning and continued on, they said good morning back, and when I returned they were gone but the one car I'd noticed that isn't parked on the street regularly was still there. Run was good, 4 miles without too much wind, did some strides (faster for 2 lamp posts, then regular pace for 2 lamp posts) on the way back.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-12-27 2:04 PM
Do you get to work from home any days this week?
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-27 4:02 PM
I probably could get away with it on Friday, but my boss is retiring, Friday is his last day, so I plan on coming in. We get off at 1 and there's a bus at 1:15 so I should be OK.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-12-27 7:26 PM
I always try to figure out the story behind the people I see.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Whew! Wednesday dailies