Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Wet, Wintry Wednesdays RTTs
- - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-12-27 7:00 AM
:happy:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-12-27 7:04 AM
Ha I think we posted at the same time - I deleted mine

Way too cold here - my watch says -2 right now (that doesn't include windchill)

Came into the office today. Traffic was a breeze. Good thing I still have my work keys (I almost took them out this morning bc my purse was full) because the front door to the office was locked.  There were 2 other people here when I got in but no front desk person to open it up.

The majority of the office is off this week. At my last job I used to always work this week and loved it since it would be dead. At this job we always get a week off and I'd usually take off Christmas week so I've forgotten how peaceful it is. That said I might work from home the rest of the week because really I dont have much to do as long as I get a couple things done today.

Daddy daycare went well yesterday. Of course I asked him if it gave him a better appreciation for what I did and he was like "it isn't that hard".  smh.  I think he just didn't want to admit it is tiring. Not to mention B was great for him, not a clingy, fussy mess like I get :laugh:

My parents leave for FL tomorrow I think. Usually they leave the day after Christmas but for some reason they delayed it a couple days this time. I'm sure they are extra ready to go this year since we've already had snow and negative temps
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-12-27 7:15 AM
How long was daddy daycare? Glad to hear it went well:hug:

I love and hate working this week because no one else is. But if I need something they are all skiing or whatever.

Hehe....it is 38 here this morning and I'm ready to pack up for Florida, too:blush::laugh: Heck, I think it is time to start my Memorial Day vacation count down.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-12-27 7:51 AM
it was about 2.5 hours late morning and then another 1.5 or so in the afternoon. I went down to get him ready for naptime and then back down after I finished work (ok and sitting upstairs enjoying peace for a bit!).  M actually put together B's new trike for almost an hour while sitting there with him. If I had tried something like that B would have made a huge mess and probably eaten some of the parts :laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-12-27 7:57 AM
:laugh::laugh: Good job, M!
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-12-27 7:59 AM
Whoa, 4 hours. :laugh::roll:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-12-27 8:24 AM
And 2 or 3 poopy diapers All. By. Himself. :shocker!:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-12-27 8:38 AM
Is this the longest or first time?

How did M handle it?
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-12-27 8:43 AM
Longest time. He's done 30 min or maybe up to an hour a couple times.  He did fine and said he enjoyed it.  I was upstairs so I was available if needed
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-12-27 9:09 AM
Progress then. Good!
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-12-27 9:22 AM
Baby steps. : pbbt:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-12-27 7:12 AM
Totally loving my Atlanta United travel mug. I usually hate them and leave them at home. But it makes coffee so much better:cool:

Of course Q takes the kids without getting them to move their Christmas piles to their rooms. Got a TON of stuff to clean up tonight.

Fireplace guy is coming tomorrow to see about getting a wood-burning stove put in. My goal is to have it done by next winter. I can't afford to do it this year.

Go check out the dailies! I did cardio last night:cool::cry:

Tax projections are so much fun.....:roll: Don't foresee profit sharing this year. Oh well. It happens. We had a good year, but too many expenses with moving offices. Different client breakdown means different costs vs income.

I apparently have a sinus thing going on now....:roll:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-12-27 7:53 AM
We have Christmas piles too, such a mess but no where to put stuff

Are you doing the tax projections?
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-12-27 7:59 AM
I'm assisting with them. Also tweaking our P&Ls so we can see what we want to see about the differences between this and last year.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-12-27 8:02 AM
Have you ever burned wood before? Personally, I would not want to mess with it if it was just me. It’s a lot of work and messy and if you really don’t know what you’re doing it can be rather dangerous.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-12-27 8:07 AM
Well, I grew up with a wood burning stove. My old house had a real fireplace and we had fires all the time. This fireplace was turned into a crappy gas fire log POS that never lights and when it does there is very little heat it is pointless. So, wood burning stove or not, that is coming out.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-12-27 9:53 AM
You may want to check to see what it will do to your insurance rates. We’re having a bitch of a time right now with Farm Bureau even wanting to insure us. We’re already paying $140/year MORE because of the wood heat. :roll:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-12-27 10:30 AM
Good to know. I'll call and ask. Thanks!
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-12-27 7:57 AM
--High of 19F today. :cry: We have a couple nights of zero degrees in our near future. :meh:

--I ordered myself these boots. :grin: https://www.sierratradingpost.com/merrell-eventyr-peak-boots-waterproof-leather-for-women~p~149yv/?filterString=s~merrill-boots-women%2F

--Iowa is not recovering from this crud as quickly as I did. He wanted to know if I had a really bad headache and sinus pressure. Yes, I did. He was like, “Why didn’t you say anything?” Well, I’ve pretty much been in some level of pain and discomfort for about 2 years. I guess it’s all relative. Wasn’t any worse than my thumb which I’ve been dealing with for 10 straight weeks now. :roll:

--The lady I caught this stuff from went to the doctor the day after she exposed me and it was confirmed she had the flu. Weirdest strain of flu I have ever experienced.

--I got a message from the state in regards to the job I applied for. That’s a start. They gave me a score of 92/100 for experience/education for the position I applied for. :cool: Surely that would warrant an interview.

--I ended up selling 33 gift certificates for Christmas. A far cry from the 65-100 I usually sell. I’m perfectly fine with that. Less headache in the year to come.

--Anyone have big plans for New Year’s?
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-12-27 8:01 AM
Nice boots!

Sinus pain :cry:

Big plans? Yup. Sleeping:laugh:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-12-27 8:03 AM
I nearly ordered the boots the other day when they were $119 and then didn’t. Went back last night to look and the price dropped to $79. :cool::grin::cool:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-12-27 8:26 AM
I like those boots!

"Why didn't you say anything"  Because I'm a woman and can deal with it.  Although hopefully Iowa is not a "man cold/man flu" kind of guy
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-12-27 9:25 AM
He isn’t as bad as some. :laugh: I do think he got hit a little bit harder with this stuff than I did. I’m sure if he would drink more fluids it would help. That’s an impossible feat for him though. I was very diligent about that whether it was water, coffee, juice or wine. :wink:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-12-27 10:41 AM
I was on FB deleting old groups I'm in or was added to and I came across the rabbit hole of the TheLearnedFoot scam. While I remember the gist of it I'd forgotten a lot of the details and definitely a sad situation all around.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-12-27 12:05 PM
I don't remember that. Gonna google.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-12-27 12:10 PM
Oooooooooohhhhh yeah. I remember that. Disgraceful.
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Wet, Wintry Wednesdays RTTs