Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Tuesday NRR
- - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-12-26 12:02 PM
Feels like Monday but it isn't.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-12-26 12:03 PM
Does anyone here have a recommendation for a high quality online photo book producer?  MCF made one with Snapfish a few weeks ago and the print quality was awful.  We were looking at the album our wedding photographer made and it is beautiful. I've emailed her, but since she did our wedding 7 years ago i'm not really expecting to hear from her. I'd love to work on some books, as long as I know the result would actually be a quality worth the time and money.
Parent - - By laxrunner Date 2017-12-26 12:53 PM
I've used Mixbook twice and have been happy with the products even though I usually choose the cheapest features. I can send you a digital version if you're curious.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-12-27 8:29 AM
My mom has always liked Mixbook too.  I think I converted her, in part, to Shutterfly simply because I get a ton of coupons for stuff there so it makes sense $$ wise. 

TBH I've never paid attention to quality, I mean any books I've seen from mixbook or shutterfly look fine to me but I'm not sure I'm picky enough to notice :laugh:
Parent - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2017-12-26 1:06 PM
Check out Adorama (go to "prints" on menu at top of home page). Great quality!
Parent - - By Nomad Date 2017-12-26 12:33 PM
Really hoping you're still online, Reebs! I have a question for the academics/students: I need to reference a comment made in a book chapter...but it's actually a response to the original article written by the chapter author. i.e. this book is an amalgam of related journal articles. I know how to reference the chapter (author/title with book editor/title separate) and I'm happy that the "Response: Reebs" is peer-reviewed since it's printed in the book but I'm not sure if I need to delineate that the comment I'm referencing was made by Reebs and not by the chapter author.

And my usual go-to referencing guides are silent as to this possibility!

Help?!
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-12-26 12:58 PM
I'm a little confused by what you've written... are you looking for your in-text citation or your reference list citation?

Here's what I'm thinking...

In Text:

In response to the article by Nomad (2017) reebs says "this is an amazing article" (Nomad, 2017 p.3).

Or"

reebs says "this is an amazing article" (Nomad, 2017 p 3)

As a reference list citation you would just cite Nomad.
Parent - By Nomad Date 2017-12-26 8:59 PM
Thanks. I'm not quoting exactly so I think based on this I just cite the chapter author. Thankfully this is my last essay of year one when referencing errors don't lose us marks (unless we've had something corrected previously and did it wrong again) - that means I'll know what to do next time when it will matter!

this was never an issue in engineering :cry:
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-12-26 1:12 PM
Oh, and a big thank you to all who weighed in here and on FB about bathroom floors. MCF has agreed to tile!!!:cool:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-26 2:07 PM
Glad to hear it. Tile really is the best choice IMHO.
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-12-26 6:58 PM
Nice!  I agree that tile is the best choice for most people.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Tuesday NRR