Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Happy Boxing Day & 1st day of Kwanzaa - 12/26
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-12-26 8:35 AM
364 days until Christmas.  Start getting ready now.

Anything to return today?

Do any of you carry a phone when you run?  Do you use a fanny pack, arm band, or something else. Carrying a phone seems uncomfortable to me, but it is the only portable device I have that would play audio books from Audible so I have been thinking of ways to start carrying my phone.

Carry on.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-12-26 9:05 AM
1 hour of weightlifting done at the gym. working now. running at lunch time.
nothing to return.
I do not run with a phone. Friends of mine that do use an armband, they seem to like it ok.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-26 11:50 AM
wedding countdown time.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-12-26 12:46 PM
4 days to go. In full Wedding Mode
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-12-26 4:20 PM
Is Josh and his family coming out?
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-12-27 7:38 AM
no :sad: but they are gonna come later in the month for a visit.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-26 9:23 AM
Good morning!

Well my husband has to return the bike basket he bought, but it does not need to be done today.

I have something similar to a spibelt that I use.  I put my phone and keys in there.

It is a dreary, misty day here.  As I have absolutely nothing to do today, I will go for my power walk later.

Enjoy the day!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-26 9:27 AM
I had to Google spibelt.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-26 9:37 AM
I run with my phone but it's a dumb phone so it is just along for the ride in case of emergency.   A 1/2 I ran years ago had a belt to hold your race bib as well as the usual race shirt.   The belt has a pouch the size of a phone that attaches in the back while your bib attaches in the front.  One of the nicest give aways I've received.

No returns from our gift giving.

The longterm forecast shows highs of single digits for the next 10 days.  Too cold to run.  I may as well post a week's worth of daily workouts right now:  Yoga, arms and abs, core.  Repeat every 3 days.:grin:
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-12-26 11:00 AM
Happy Return Day.   I returned the rental car I had for a week and picked up my Sonata with new transmission.  I'm still not sure it's right.  I will try it tomorrow when it's much colder.

Christmas For All was wonderful.  We had about 50 homeless, hungry and lonely folks for Christmas Eve Feast.  About 20 spent the night.  Can I say that I experience real joy on Christmas.  Joy is one of those feelings that is hard to capture and explain.  But it sure is good.  Lots and lots of food consumed.  Plenty of underwear, sox, gloves, and LED flashlights.  Each guest gets a $10 gift card to McD and to Wawa.  There was one family of mom, dad, and 2 teenage boys.  They live in a very small RV. 

Supposed to head to NC now.  Postponed one day because we are starting a string of Code Purple.  Now through March or April I think.  Challenging finding volunteers this week.   Hoping to get things lined up so we can go tomorrow.

Tom in DE
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-26 11:39 AM
Tom

This just fills me lots of love and hope!  I too agree that JOY is just one feelings that can't be explained.

I hope you are wrong about your transmission and that it is fixed.  Hate having car issues.

Good luck on securing volunteers and if you travel tomorrow, safe travels!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-26 11:48 AM
I think the smile has never left your face this whole season.  That's the Joy.:hug:
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-12-26 11:36 AM
It was a merry Christmas Day.  We all lounged around the entire day laughing and talking and eating.  We had one meal that we ate on all day!  Ryan drove back to his college town at 7 last night.  I hated to see him leave.

Melissa's parents gave me a coat that is an XL.  I don't know why they got one so big, but I can't wear it.  I will probably return it, but not today.

I carry my phone in an arm sleeve.  It doesn't bother me at all.  I use it to listen to podcasts while I run.

Last week I was out of my routine.  I slept until around 6 AM and waited to run later in the day and ran shorter distance.  This morning I got up at my normal 4:30 AM and ran 8 miles.  Much better.  I'm nuts.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-26 11:42 AM
Mike

It sounds like a fun, relaxing Christmas Day.  We too had only one meal but it stretched for hours.  We played games and had a good time.  I hope Ryan had a safe trip back to his college town.

Maybe your inlaws thought that XL meant extra long?

It may seem like your nuts to those that don't enjoy early morning runs, but not to me!  Glad you feel much better.

I am having a pajama day.  But I know that I will need to change later and go out for a PW.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-12-26 3:32 PM
Thanks.  Ryan made it back just fine.  He texted Melissa when he got there.  It's mostly interstate.  I still worry when he's driving and he is 20 years old.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-26 11:49 AM
Mike ran 8; all is right with the world.:happy:
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-12-26 3:34 PM
It's only the second 8 miler I've run since December 14.  And, thanks for your kind comment from yesterday.:happy:
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-12-26 12:47 PM
6.21 Dawn 10k done.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-26 1:52 PM
gracias.
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-12-27 11:19 AM
When  I carry my phone I usually carry it on my arm. It’s a 7S plus so it’s big and the arm band works quite well.  I also carry it in my flip belt when I wear long sleeves but it’s a tight fit. I use wireless Bluetooth earphones.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Happy Boxing Day & 1st day of Kwanzaa - 12/26