Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Too Cold Tuesday dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-12-26 8:20 AM
Hope you have all recovered from the holidays if you needed to do so.
Post.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-12-26 8:24 AM
Friday was around 50 degrees so I dashed out and ran the trail for 45 minutes. A very light mist was kind of blowing around. By the end of the run it was misting in waves, gradually trying to turn into rain. I got myself home before it did that.
Saturday was SDO with some yoga and meditation
Sunday DC and I went to the gym. I did some sprints and finished 45 minutes of running. I also got in some yoga.
Christmas Day was nice and SDO (except for some yoga).
Today I plan some yoga and perhaps some cardio. Yesterday I dropped an empty jar on the toes of my left foot. I iced immediately and it helped a lot. I’ll see how they like shoes this morning when I go off to the store. It's barely 12° F. right now. :cry:
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-12-26 9:03 AM
I'll take your 12F! -8F here :cry: don't think it will be above 0 today.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-12-26 11:06 AM
Mile in the pool this morning. Repeats of 100 breast, 100 free, 50 some sort of syncho drill. Felt awesome.

I had wanted to swim in the Sound yesterday, but when I got up there were 4 inches of snow on the ground and it was falling fast. So I went back to bed.  Woke up a few hours later and went for a delightful snow walk!!

Back at work today. :meh: at least it is quiet.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-12-26 4:45 PM
What is the lowest temp in the sound that you have endured?
Just as an aside, I wonder what being underwater and looking up at snow falling would look like?
Great pool workout!
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-12-26 5:00 PM
I think the lowest I had during a swim last winter was 46 or 47. Usually with air around 40.

I love watching the rain on the water (but hate it splashing on my goggles). I"m not sure you'd see the snow on the water-- perhaps one day I'll get to find out!
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-26 5:12 PM
46 or 47 water temperature...*shudder*.

I'm OK with air temperature being low, but not water temperature.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-12-26 7:56 PM
Yeah, looking up at rain without being "rained on"...kinda...sorta. :laugh:
46 or 47 is Bada$$ !
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-26 11:59 AM
More recovered than I was last night. Back at work and back on track. Didn't run this morning because of too much junk food and champagne last night. I'll try to get to the gym at lunch. And I have NO evening commitments this week -- class is off and so is choir. :grin: I might possibly foresee an evening run in my future.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-12-26 4:47 PM
Great that you have this week's evenings off! Do running groups ever have jingle bell runs (bells on the shoes) anymore?
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-26 5:13 PM
I have no idea...I haven't run with a group since the 1980s. Noquitter might have more information. Who else is in a running group?
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-26 5:13 PM
Gym was achieved. 6.45 in 65 minutes. :grin:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-12-26 7:57 PM
Great work! :grin:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Too Cold Tuesday dailies