Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Merry Christmas Hangover Tuesday RTTs
- - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-12-26 7:10 AM
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-12-26 7:32 AM
~back to work

~so cold here today. wind chill is about -11

~snowing :mutmad:

~got about 1.5 inches Sun morning

~new laptop (not for Xmas just cuz I really needed one). last one was like 9 yrs old black friday special. this one is WAY fast and touchscreen :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

~bought some ribs to put on the smoker but it's sooooo damn cold all week. may have to wait for it to warm up a bit outside
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-12-26 7:34 AM

Holy grail that is cold!:shocker!: It is freezing here. I have a feeling this is going to be a tough winter. Which I'm fine with, but still. I can't wait until April.:blush:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-12-26 8:28 AM
Did you get a Mac? : pbbt:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-12-26 3:16 PM
Haha I'm not made of money
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-12-26 9:02 AM
We had ribs for Christmas eve

My new laptop is a touch screen too although i haven't actually used it that way guess I have to reset my mentality on laptops
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-12-26 10:27 AM
Ribs for Christmas:hug:

I was at Noche Buena with the caja china and an actual pig roast (ew) and the rest was philipino food. (ugh).
Parent - - By Ballet [us] Date 2017-12-26 5:15 PM
9 years on your last laptop!!  :shocker!:   What kind was it?

I'm 2 years into an HP, and I'm already going to need a new one.  I'm surprised it's letting me post.  The wireless adapter is shot (same thing happened with another HP I had several years ago), so I'm usually on borrowed time whenever I get on here.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-12-26 6:59 PM
My first Dell inspiron lasted 10 years.
Parent - By Ballet [us] Date 2017-12-26 7:46 PM
I had a Dell between the 2 HP's and it lasted about 6 years.  10 years is phenomenal!!  :shocker!:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-12-27 7:10 AM
It was actually a shitty black Friday deal
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-12-26 7:33 AM
Morning! Back at work. Alone:laugh:

Traffic was awesome this morning!:cool:

Q is taking the kids until Friday night. Then he'll take them again Monday - Wednesday. They return to school next Thursday.

Q is also getting a 1 bedroom apartment. It is halfway between our house and his work. Close to his mom. I'm pleased with the location. He pays today and is letting the kids help him move in. And did I ever mention he passed his Paramedic test? He will start orientation in January and is already earning more money.

Christmas was awesome! Got two gorgeous super fuzzy/soft blankets. One was grey cord knit and the threads were huge! It is gorgeous. I'll have to keep Loki off of it.

Facebook now lets you see if you shared or liked any pages/posts from a russian company linked to "fake news" and the election. Cool. Whatever. I didn't. :roll: Not sure I believe data from Facebook in general.

Kids had an awesome Christmas. No stress. Lots of fun. This is one of the few days I don't want to come back to work.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-12-26 9:04 AM
Sounds like a great time, lots of happiness in your posts! I bet traffic will be light all week, and getting some "me" time sounds good. 

How far will Q apartment be? Will there be space for the kids?
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-12-26 9:27 AM
Without traffic it is about 20 min.
With traffic (Ballet will know - 41/Windy Hill area:shocker!:) longer. But there are many alternate routes. In reality probably a 30 min drive from the house. But then, in atlanta that is the norm.:laugh::roll:

It will be a one bedroom now. He'll have a king-sized bed eventually but will start with a full, which they all sleep together on right now at my MILs house. They won't have a bedroom but in a couple years I'm sure he'll be able to get a 2 bedroom and they can share. It isn't ideal, but damn it is way better than at my MILs. I hate when they are there and limit their time there when I can without making a huge issue. They love it there but again, hoarder.:cry:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-12-26 9:29 AM
sounds like a good setup and since they already snuggle in bed it is no big deal.
Parent - - By Ballet [us] Date 2017-12-26 5:07 PM
Ballet stays away from 41/Windy Hill.  :laugh:

I have my own 400 hell to contend with.  Although, working 6-2:30 I really do miss the worst of it most of the time. :wink:

That is great news about Q's apt. and pay increase!  Things should definitely be on the upswing financially for all of you in the next few years.  :grin:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-12-26 6:59 PM
Definitely. Though it won't change my child support any time soon. But whatever.
Parent - By Ballet [us] Date 2017-12-26 7:47 PM
Geez, it should!:mutmad:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-12-26 9:23 AM
I’m sure Q’s progress is going to help on your end when it comes to paying for stuff for the kids. That’ll be nice.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-12-26 9:34 AM
Yep! He paid about $500 in November and now only owes me about $250 because I just paid $153 for baseball. $100 is for the photobooks. He is keeping up. More importantly he is getting his own place. The kids will love it even if they have to take turns on the couch. But frankly I don't think that will happen. They both love sleeping with him at this point. And it looks like his nights over at his place when school is in will be minimal since his schedule looks to remain the same with every other Sunday off. So....meh. But one thing at a time.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-12-26 7:44 AM
--HA! No hangover here. We’re both recovering from the weirdest, most brutal sickness ever. Not exactly a sinus infection or upper respiratory/bronchial condition, a little more than a cold, some coughing, no sore throat, quite a few flu like symptoms but then again, not enough I’d really classify it as the flu either. Fever for one day, killer headache for 2-3 days. I’m on the tail end of it but it has been a bitch to say the least. I could have handled a hangover much better. : pbbt:

--Sarge got a rawhide for Christmas. He carried it up by the bulldozer (quite a distance from the barn) and hid it. :laugh:

--I recently applied for another job. On the application, if you indicated typing as one of your skills, a little pop up appeared saying that this meant you could type 30 wpm. It has been 30+ years since I’ve had typing but back in the day I typed in the 40-50 wpm range with near accuracy so I felt safe to go with this notion. Well, after submitting the application I got a link to take a typing test. :shocker!: Took that yesterday. You could actually do it 5 times and they would take your highest score. Well, I got 59 wpm with 95% accuracy, the first go around, which is considerably higher than their requirements, so I called it good. We’ll see what happens. It’s a state job. :cool: If only. :grin:

--Two out of my five people are coming in a different day. Two people don’t care I’m getting over this crud. Still waiting to hear on my 10 a.m. lady. I would really like for her to reschedule. She is 82 years old and does not need to get whatever it is I had/have.

--We ended up not going to Des Moines. :meh: We may try to go this weekend.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-12-26 7:56 AM
Sorry y'all were sick:cry: Especially over the holidays:hug: I'm glad some of your people are rescheduling. I hope the others do.

I love those typing tests. I like the 10digit test also. Mainly cause I kill it. I love typing in long numbers and out-typing the printer. :laugh: Yes, that is how competitive I am. I'll race a little $20 machine:blush:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-12-26 8:27 AM
I used to be very efficient with 10 key when I worked customer service. I would encode checks for hours on end. I’m sure that skill would come back quickly if I ever had to utilize it again.

That’s the first time I ever did one of those typing tests.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-12-26 9:07 AM
:laugh: on racing the machine
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-12-26 9:07 AM
Sorry to hear you are sick (or getting over it at least) that sounds miserable, especially if you're not sure what the heck it is.  That stinks it ruined your Iowa trip too. Did you eat all of the cookies instead :blush::laugh:

I've always wondered how I'd do on a typing test - sounds like you did pretty awesome. What is the job?
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-12-26 9:29 AM
I had made THREE pies that were going to go with us to Iowa. I took some to my dad and we’ve been making a dent in the rest. Geez, just what I didn’t need!

It’s just an office job in the parole office. :laugh: But hey, total job security. State + deadbeat criminals + this town=win win. : pbbt: Being a state position I would think benefits would be awesome, the job easy, lots of room for advancement, etc. I’m probably too qualified and educated and won’t even get an interview. :roll:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-12-26 9:37 AM
:laugh::laugh:yummy pie! But that is a lot of pie:shocker!:
Parent - By Ballet [us] Date 2017-12-26 5:10 PM
That stinks about being sick on Christmas.  :cry:  It does sound like some form of the flu, even if it was a bit short-lived.

Good luck with the job!
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-12-26 9:01 AM
I'm so confused on what day it is!

Super cold here too, it said the low was -3 although it was 9 when i woke up I think

I'm back to work but daycare is closed so I'm working from home. M is off this week and next so I told him today was daddy daycare. I was down there playing earlier but said it was on him after the nap (well at least for a while). We will see if he gets to finally understand what it is like to take care of him for more than 30 min

I've been sleeping horribly lately. If it isn't B waking me up it is M or sometimes just the most random stuff and I have a tough time getting back to sleep.

Also doesn't help B is on an early morning kick again.

Since the office will be mostly empty this week I should be able to wear comfy clothes to work, right?
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-12-26 9:30 AM
Just go with the confusion because next week is going to be no different. :laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-12-26 9:38 AM
:laugh::laugh:Yup! Frankly that is getting me through today. I don't usually mind coming back to work but I think Dec. 26 is going to be a personal day from now on.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-12-26 9:49 AM
:laugh: very true. And next week I have the same problem of daycare being closed the day after the holiday but me having to work
Parent - - By Ballet [us] Date 2017-12-26 5:12 PM
You need to get control of your men!  B, sleep later.  M, let her sleep, and step up!

Easy, huh?  : pbbt:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-12-27 6:57 AM
Parent - - By Ballet [us] Date 2017-12-26 5:28 PM
*Nice, quiet Christmas here.  My brother came over, but just the 5 of us.

*Back to work tomorrow.  We will be very busy the rest of the week, and very short-staffed since several co-workers took the week off.  Lots of patients are scheduled since they seem to want to get medical stuff done by the end of the year.  We are going to try to block off any cancelled slots as they happen so we can whittle down the schedule a bit. 

*I guess I'm getting a new laptop since this piece of crap one is not working well.  I'm limping along with it the best I can, but it's really acting up and not holding an internet connection well.  I just deleted a bunch of old files, and it is working better right now.  I'm mostly wanting to clean it up so I don't have as much to back up and transfer to a new one.

*NYC trip is just a little over 2 weeks away!  I know it will be cold, and I can handle some snow, but I hope our travel isn't affected.  We're taking a big risk traveling in January. : pbbt:

*We are planning to have one of us fly to San Diego in March with Allison to attend an out of state new student program they are having.  We were going to fly all of us out in April for Spring Break, but I think this will be better to specifically check out the campus so she can make a decision.  There should be a day for some sightseeing also.  Steph isn't really interested in going, we can leave our family trip for summer and plan something else.

*I'm still pulling for her to decide on either PSU or Auburn.  I just can't handle the logistics of San Diego.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-12-26 7:02 PM
Clean out the programs, back up the photos and files and delete the ones you don't need all the time. Restart. Disk cleaner. Defrag. See if that helps.

Glad you had a nice quiet Christmas. Ours was too. The best kind. :hug:
Parent - - By Ballet [us] Date 2017-12-26 7:52 PM
Ohhhh......deleting pictures would take months.  I am not good about that at. all.  And, I have about 10+ years worth.  That said, I do need to attempt it.  #cantake2000picturesofkidsonlaketoysinaweekend  along with cousin, who takes 3000 then uploads hers to my computer.  :roll:  She and I have a bit of a camera problem.:blush:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-12-27 6:54 AM
Back them up to an external or an online storage. I know. I'm the same way. but it was slowing down my laptop so I just cleaned it out a bit.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-12-27 7:00 AM
You could look at using an external harddrive for picture storage - that way you can connect to it from the computer to get them but it isn't specifically stored on your computer
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-12-27 6:59 AM
I feel ya on the laptop, I stopped using my old one a year or two ago and would just use my work laptop bc mine was so slow.

I think her mom should go on the SD trip with her for some warm weather :cool:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Merry Christmas Hangover Tuesday RTTs