Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Merry Christmas - 12.25
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-12-25 6:44 AM
How's it going?

It's my favorite time of the year. Beside Christmas, the year comes to an end soon and a new year starts. Time to look back and look ahead. Wipe the slate clean of 2017 baggage and get a fresh start on new plans.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-12-25 7:02 AM
I got out for 4.86 miles today. My coldest run of the year at 24° with some wind. "Feels like" 10° but probably even lower when a gust blew up. There was even some snow in the air (but not on the ground.)

Hopefully our plans to have dinner with the in-laws happens. At Thanksgiving, Cindy's mom wasn't up to it. She seems to be doing better the past few days. She perked up because she is helping fix dinner.  I believe people need to feel useful.

Cindy and I weren't getting gifts for each other, but I went through all the photos on my computer, picked out about 9 of them, and had them printed at Walgreen's.  Then I bought some frames to put them in. Here's why I did that...  I like watching British detective shows (Midsomer Murders, Inspector Lewis, etc.) and a number of times there are scenes where the detectives go interview a murder suspect and when they leave their house they'll make a comment about how there were no pictures in the house and how strange that was.  It makes them suspect the people even more. So now we'll have pictures of family in our house and if we are ever murder suspects we won't seem weird to the detectives.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-25 7:11 AM
Merry Christmas Dave and family!   How old is Cindy's mom?  I hope she enjoys the day with you.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-25 8:34 AM
Good morning! 

Dave, I like your thoughts about putting 2017 to bed and starting anew.

I also like your picture frame idea.

Enjoy your dinner and I hope your mother-in-law is feeling better.

Merry Christmas!
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-12-25 9:33 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-12-25 3:52 PM
:laugh: I’m going to do that at my apartment!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-25 7:10 AM
However you celebrate - enjoy the day!

I'm off to the animal shelter.  Most peoples' first response is "they can't be open!"   well no, but the kitties still need to eat and get clean litter.  And we don't have little ones at home; the kids can certainly wait until 9:30 to open gifts.

Lisa instructed me in the art of skinning a pomagranate.  I'm enjoying some of that alongside Jacob's grandma's poppyseed bread.  And coffee of course.   Traditional cinnamon rolls after we open gifts.

Christmas Joy to all.:hug:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-25 8:41 AM
Dawn

You are a "gift" to the animals!   I am sure they and the staff appreciate you.

We have opened our gifts and they are nothing extravagant.  But I have been wanting a basket for my bike.  Saw one on LL Bean and was going to order it.  My husband got mad and said that he could never surprise me with a gift.  I asked what do you mean?  He replies that be bought me one already.  So this morning he gives it to me.  And guess what?  We had bought this same basket earlier in the summer and had to return it because it did not fit my bike!   So now he has to return it again.  And I get to order my basket!

We went to Mass last night and saw many of our church friends.  I really like our church family.  Later today we are headed to my brother's house for a late lunch/early dinner.  We are having tamales and enchiladas for Christmas.  My brother made the tamales so they should be delicious!   We are taking beans, queso fresco, and desserts.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-25 10:37 AM
We saw a handful of church friends last night too. It made it an even more special evening.  And the choir.....oh my goodness, they sounded like angels.

Enjoy the tamales!!
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-12-25 9:36 AM
We had done or rather I had done cinnamon rolls for Xmas Day at the request of J several year back. It became even more of a PITA because then in between making them I was responsible for everything else which has had the direct result of me not enjoying Xmas day much at all. This year I said eff it and made my traditional (ie what I grew up with) egg and sausage casserole. I still don't enjoy christmas much at all anymore. Glad you are having a good one, and you are a really good person to go help at the shelter :hug:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-25 10:36 AM
I've made them from scratch and also used the Rhodes frozen one.  No one could tell the difference.:roll:  I love a good breakfast casserole too, but here its all about the sweets.
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-12-25 4:46 PM
One year I made the Pioneer Woman’s recipe. They were fabulous but a lot of work. It made a ton of rolls and I think I gave a few 6-packs of them away. Maybe next year :wink:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-25 9:43 PM
I too like the Rhodes ones.  I think they are pretty tasty.
Parent - - By DottieO Date 2017-12-25 4:29 PM
:hug: I got to see several videos of my little grands opening gifts. Violet loved everything and had to be coaxed into opening her stocking.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-25 9:43 PM
Oh I bet that just warmed your heart!
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-12-25 5:05 PM
Thank you for your consistent devotion to those kitties! :hug:
I tried to volunteer here and was told she'd put me on a long list. :shocker!: Then I offered a sizable donation, didn't need it. :shocker!:
Just glad they have enough help and $.

Hope your day was wonderful, I know it was! <hazards of being 4 hrs behind everyone!>
Parent - - By rungear [us] Date 2017-12-25 8:39 AM Edited 2017-12-25 8:43 AM
Merry Christmas! Masters :happy:

And Dave, your comment:"Time to look back and look ahead. Wipe the slate clean of 2017 baggage and get a fresh start on new plans". is oh so good!

Enjoy 2018!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-25 8:41 AM
Merry Christmas!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-25 10:30 AM
Merry Christmas rungear, enjoy your family time.:hug:
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-12-25 4:34 PM
Merry First Christmas to Levi
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-25 8:43 AM
Merry Christmas all!

I need to do a workout video and get going.  I have pulled out my ugly Christmas sweater and will wear it today.  My sister and SIL were to buy sweaters also, so I am curious if they did.

All of my stuff to take to my brother's house is grouped together.  Hopefully I won't forget anything.

Enjoy the day!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-25 10:31 AM
I hope there is a picture of your ugly sweater.  Merry Christmas to you and Jerry!
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-12-25 4:37 PM
I need to get some ugly Christmas sweaters for Danny and me. :laugh:
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-12-25 5:06 PM
Merry Christmas!!
I know your day was wonderful, you wore an ugly Christmas sweater! :laugh::hug:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-25 9:53 PM
My sister and I wore our ugly sweaters!
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-12-25 9:02 AM
Merry Christmas!  It's not exactly a white Christmas, but a little snow fell last night with some white out there. 

It's so good to have Ryan home.  He has to go back today as he works tomorrow, but having him home for a couple days makes me happy.  Spending Christmas Eve and morning with my two "kids" and Melissa is something I don't take for granted.

I like thinking about a new year too. 

I'll go out for a short run later.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-25 9:20 AM
Merry Christmas!  Surrounded and spending time with your family is the best gift ever.

We are having a sunny day.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-25 10:33 AM
I saw on FB your senior pastor status.:hug:  Proud of you Mike.  Happy Holidays - glad Ryan is at home.
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-12-25 4:43 PM
So happy you had everyone home. Enjoy the rest of your break. :hug:
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-12-25 5:07 PM
Merry Christmas, Mooseman!
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-12-25 9:36 AM
Popping in to say Merry Merry!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-25 10:34 AM
Merry Merry back at you Jen.  Love the pictures of your kiddos on FB.  Amanda looks so much like both of you.  I am not sure where Ian came from though!:laugh::laugh:
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-12-25 4:47 PM
Merry Merry to you and yours. Liked the FB pics. A is your mini-me. :shocker!:
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-12-25 5:07 PM
:hug:
Parent - - By DottieO Date 2017-12-25 4:25 PM
Merry Christmas!

We opened presents with the cold snow blowing and cold Bloody Mary’s (after coffee) and a cozy fire. Danny got me a great little tool box for my apartment and a beautiful Snow Opal pendant necklace. I got him a book he’s wanted, and had it signed by the author and a package if 4 massages and 4 accupuncture sessions. My sister who did the tri with me won Christmas this year, though. She got everyone in the family blue cowbells with our team name Warrior Sisters printed in white. They are awesome! Maci chased Maple around ringing her bell for several minutes until Maple retreated to her quiet place. :laugh: Tomorrow we’re going to see my two sons. 

Marilyn, I made your rum cake. It is to die for. I decided that next year I’m going to make them for my brother and sisters for Christmas.

:grin:
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-12-25 5:08 PM
Merry Christmas, Dottie! Sounds like you had a wonderful day. :hug:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-25 6:48 PM
Merry Christmas!  Your necklace sounds beautiful.   Is Danny done feeling sick?  Maci:hug:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-25 9:54 PM
Dottie,

Glad you enjoyed the cake.  It is very good with a cup of coffee!
- - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-12-25 5:11 PM
Merry Christmas, everyone!

It's merely 2:00 here and my family is at the shooting range. :cry::laugh: That's what happens when you own gun/ammo stores in AK.
Since it's -10, I declined the chance to do some target shooting, though I'll join them this summer. :cool:

Hope you all had a wonderful day, as I know you did! :hug:

Squirrelcat is the best gift I could have, she is just an awesome little cat. :hug: *Noted as she's dragging her toys into a pile, to smack across the floor* :laugh:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-25 5:44 PM
Merry Christmas BBS!  We were -2 with windchill today and I thought of you.  :grin:  So I put on 3 layers of everything and trudged to and thru the park with the dog.  Pierre, the cat, is curled up in his bed next to a heat vent.   Living the kitty life.:happy:
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-12-25 6:12 PM
Merry Christmas to you and Squirrelcat. :hug:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-25 9:55 PM
Minus 10 degrees :shocker!:  That is cold!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Merry Christmas - 12.25