Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Merry Christmas Monday RR/NRR dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-12-25 6:25 AM
May you all have happy moments today.:happy:
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-12-25 7:23 AM
Happy Christmas to those who celebrate. :happy:

I got in a run this morning before the festivities start.  Decent weather and very little traffic, but I felt a bit sluggish.  All I want for Christmas is a nap. : pbbt:
Parent - By moonglow9 Date 2017-12-25 8:20 AM
Do you have to travel today? Can you sneak in a nap in the afternoon?
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-12-25 8:27 AM Edited 2017-12-25 8:29 AM
Glad you got to run.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-25 1:52 PM
Hope you can get the wished-for nap.
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-12-25 4:01 PM
Hope you get some rest
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-12-25 6:50 PM
Merry Christmas! I got in a 5K run outside. Beautiful day. Thin layer of snow, but bright sun and in the upper 40s.
Parent - - By moonglow9 Date 2017-12-25 8:19 AM
NRR here...
Parent - - By moonglow9 Date 2017-12-25 8:20 AM
I despise days off. Same saga as Thanksgiving...
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-12-25 8:29 AM
Maybe you an go out for walk?
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-12-25 11:57 AM
:hug:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-25 1:51 PM
Long walk or go to a concert or movie.
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-12-25 4:02 PM
:sad: Can you hide somewhere?
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-12-25 4:38 PM
I'm sorry. :sad:  I am guessing your family might not even celebrate this particular holiday, so it sucks that you just get family drama without any of the good parts of the holiday. :meh:  Maybe you should go for a walk -- or send your dad for a long walk. :laugh:
Parent - - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-12-25 11:57 AM Edited 2017-12-25 12:00 PM
Working today and DH and O are going to see Star Wars. Survived the ILs over yesterday, I was asked about the baby shower again because I should figure out a day that works.:mutmad: then SIL went on to tell me how her DIL is so tired from working 4 hour shifts and it's so hard for people to be on their feet when pregnant.:roll:
SILs youngest kid kept tormenting our rescue dog and we were afraid she'd bite (and this is the most laid back dog I've ever met) :mutmad: Glad that it is over!
Somehow I managed to delete my entire email inbox yesterday and can't find where they went. I'm hoping it can be restored, submitted a restore request.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-25 1:23 PM
Is SIL still experiencing the delusion that you intend to host a baby shower for her DIL?
Parent - - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-12-25 2:07 PM
Yep :meh: I think she finally believes me now and said she'll let everyone know at Christmas today that I'm too busy to host, great I'm sure the way she'll say will make me the bitch
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-25 2:13 PM
Of course. Because they all know that you have nothing else to do and you're just saying no because you're a meanie.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-12-25 6:50 PM
Yeah; Gophie is just a Grinch like that. :wink:

BTW, good for you for sticking to your guns. High five!
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-12-25 8:33 PM
:laugh: Grinch is my favorite Christmas movie, so I'll take it :grin:
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-12-25 4:03 PM
Ugh about the ILs!
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-12-25 4:39 PM
Your SIL is a piece of work. :roll:
Parent - - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2017-12-26 10:58 AM
Do you use hotmail by any chance? I lost my whole inbox recently (not due to anything I did) and was able to recover some but not most. Apparently, it is a common problem. :(
Parent - - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-12-26 11:26 AM
Ugh! :cry: no yahoo for me, so far haven't gotten anything back
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-12-26 11:38 AM
Some of my yahoo stuff disappears and has recently.
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-12-26 11:51 AM
If it makes you feel better...My MIL announced she was coming up Sat instead of her planned Sun because she HAS to light her bayberry candles and if she came up at her "normal" time there wouldn't be time to burn down (these are 10'? tapers and you have to burn them Xmas eve until they are gutted for good fortune/luck/whateverthefuck). FWIW, I am very sensitive to scents and it can be bad due to my newly diagnosed asthma. She didn't understand why there might be a problem. This is not the first time we've had issues of scents of stuff. Anyway, she came Sat right after lunch (earlier than "normal) and just left today (Tues) at 12:30. SHOOT ME PLEASE. And she's probably coming for 2 nights this coming weekend due to NYE. I did tell her she CAN NOT be her at ALL on Tues though to which she replied, she'd just leave Tues morn. Um, no NO YOU WON'T! Basically I feel your IL pain!
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-26 12:01 PM
I never heard of that superstition. Can she burn the candles out on the deck if they must burn until gutted?

Sis is very sensitive to scented things and gets migraines if someone is burning scented candles or wearing a lot of perfume.
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-12-26 4:14 PM
Bayberry tradition. I had never heard of it either until I met them. She HAS to do it every year. What is annoying is that you never know how strong the scent will be because it can and does vary greatly from year to year. We would have put it outside but it was windy :meh::meh: Yeah, scents can cause headaches, uncontrollable coughing and more. I have scented candles myself, but they are specific scents and even then they only get lit if dinner stinks or whatever and only for about 20-30 minutes.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-12-26 4:16 PM
Sounds like a great marketing ploy.:meh:
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-12-26 4:19 PM
:laugh: Yep except they've been doing it for years. As in her Mom did it too and I think her grandma. So it's also a regional thing and since I didn't grow up here I was all WTF when they first did it. They did give me candles the first few years when J and I were together(before scents really bothered me) but I haven't done it in probably 20 years because I think it's stupid.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-12-26 4:30 PM
Thinking a tradition is stupid is a good reason to discontinue it. :laugh::laugh: Of course, there are all sorts of traditions I do that I still think are stupid. Welcome to Judaism!
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-12-27 7:05 AM
I know. Just because I think it's stupid doesn't mean that other people do and I don't mean to be insulting about it, but I know for a while it was pushed on me. I very typically will resist when something is pushed on me. That said I would never tell THEM that it's stupid : pbbt: Holidays and religions are often filled with traditions that can be a bit odd. Especially for people never exposed to it.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-26 5:17 PM
I haven't heard of it however it does sound like something dreamed up by the candle manufacturers...
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-12-27 7:06 AM
I wonder if the candle companies back that were smart enough to start that. because like I said above I know her family has been doing it since her Grandmother was around which was a long time ago.
Parent - - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-12-26 12:07 PM
Glad she is gone now, we will survive the holidays right?!
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-12-26 4:14 PM
We will! I just have to get through next weekend!
Parent - - By tritri Date 2017-12-25 4:09 PM
We went back to DS's graduation!  What a wonderful day! So proud of him!  Then to my parents for Christmas celebration with 36 people.  One of the toddlers was pretty sick and coughing in people's face and no one cleaned the snot off his face.  Two meals later and they took him to urgent care.  :mutmad:  Lots of screaming kids and I had to hide in the basement. Then on to DH's parents for a whirlwind day ending with another celebration.  Back home and I thought I made it home without getting sick...and then it hit the next day. At least I had one day home and a successful 25 mile ride on the trainer on my favorite virtual route.  Thought it was a cold, but after a few days of increasing symptoms and then the nausea hit, I went to the ER and they said it was the flu.  Surprised as I haven't had that since HS.  I was thinking bronchitis as I was short of breath and several nights I thought my throat was closing up.  Yesterday was the worst with a severe headache that didn't respond to any meds. Finally took migraine meds close to midnight and got a few hours of sleep. I am worn out.  DH is cooking up a storm and DS is on his way as he moves to Seattle. He's continuing on in the morning.  I hate spending the holidays sick.  I have no appetite for all the food that is cooking, and I don't want to breathe on anyone.
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-12-25 6:51 PM
Oh, honey... :sad::hug:
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-12-26 11:54 AM
Oh no! I'm so sorry! Sending healing vibes your way.

Hey, do you use Zwift? I am thinking about signing up, but I am not sure if it will work with my stuff since I seem to be a magnet for technology issues.
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-12-26 1:20 PM
I don't.  I have a computrainer so can do race day videos with that.  I hear you can use Zwift with it, but I haven't tried.  I do have enough workouts delayed due to technical difficulties as it is!
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-26 12:02 PM
Hope you feel better and that they gave you antivirals for the flu.
Parent - - By tritri Date 2017-12-26 1:22 PM
No.  I've been sick since Wednesday night.  Not getting better, so back to Dr this afternoon.  :sad:
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-26 2:06 PM
Dammit, you just cannot catch a break!
Parent - - By tritri Date 2017-12-26 2:23 PM
Not to mention that the doctors phone didn't work until noon, and our thermostat battery died, leaving the furnace off and the house was 54 this morning.  Luckily, they finally answered the phone and the furnace does work.
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-12-26 7:00 PM
:cry::cry::cry:
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-12-25 6:55 PM
Having the best, happiest Christmas I have EVER had. Saw "The Last Jedi" yesterday morning with one of T-bone's squires and his wife, and it was great! Then went out in the evening to a combined birthday/Christmas party for a local friend. Today has been just me, T-bone and Eldest and it has been quiet, happy and lovely. We slept ate, opened presents, had a nice little brunch, and since have each been working on various things, and I went for a run in the little bit of snow left. Now finishing up cooking a dinner of prime rib and Yorkshire pudding; will serve soon.
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-12-25 8:34 PM
Sounds wonderful!
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-12-25 9:21 PM
:hug:  So happy for you!
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-26 12:03 PM
Nice Christmas!
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-12-25 8:27 AM
I'm up early getting ready for Christmas. I've got the turkey ready to go in. Bread drying for stuffing. Cinnamon candles burning. Christmas songs playing that will probably get shut off when DD and DH get up.:roll: Some people are no fun.:mutmad:

Have a MerryChristmas everyone!
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-25 1:51 PM
Play the carols on your phone and keep the phone in your pocket...they won't have control. :evil:
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-12-26 7:18 AM
They really pretty much left me alowhen they saw there was house cleaning involved.:roll:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-26 12:03 PM
How immensely surprising. :mutmad:
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-12-25 4:04 PM
Merry Christmas!
Parent - - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2017-12-25 1:52 PM
Gavin and I had a short run this morning. I am thinking he is not a morning runner because he seems to really drag in the morning but afternoons or evenings he is peppy. He got an iphone 6s (I got a 6s+ as old eyes need phablet) and have him the 6s. It was Evan's but Gavin got a new number. Now I can track him down when he goes off with his friends. Heading to see Jumanji later. I am surviving today as best as possible. Next year we are going away I don't care cruise or skiing or where ever we can.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-25 2:15 PM
Some people are not morning runners, especially when they are that age (tweens and teens) when they are nocturnal creatures.

I take it Gavin was the only kid in his class who did not have an iPhone, at least according to him?

Keep on keeping on. All you can do at this point is survive.
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-12-25 4:05 PM
:hug:  all you can do is survive.  One day it won't be as hard.
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-12-25 4:41 PM
I believe Gavin may be at an age where it's going to be hard to get him excited about doing much of anything in the morning. :laugh:

I know it's a rough day for you. :hug::hug::hug:
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-12-25 6:21 PM
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-12-25 7:48 PM
Mornings take some getting used to.

I hope you get through the day. I know it must be difficult. :hug:
Parent - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2017-12-26 11:00 AM
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-25 1:23 PM
4 miles this morning after sleeping in until 6:30 since I didn't get to bed until well after midnight. Wiped out. Seemed like I was at church all day. I cantored the 9 AM and 3 PM services (let me brag for a moment...held my own singing the harmony against Sis's melody for the fraction anthem, which let me tell you is some achievement since Sis is a powerful singer and can bring everyone in the room along with her!), then was in the choir at the 5 and 10 PM. We did manage to get dinner in between. I definitely don't have much of an upper register this morning after the number of high Gs I had to hit last night. Glad I ran, though. Very quiet out this morning, some people driving but few walking. Came back with 45 recyclable containers, 57 cents in change, and picked up 2 plastic bags for recycling.
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-12-25 2:19 PM
Busy day! Glad you got a run done.
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-12-25 4:07 PM
I envy those that can sing.  It's like having an angel on earth.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Merry Christmas Monday RR/NRR dailies